Hard Drive Question ....

Derrick1979

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
I already know you can swap out your internal HDD... My question would be then with the PS3 having the USB ports has anyone tried or have success using some sort of External HDD ?

Thanks

For?

You can't play game related content from external drives. SO if you are only upgrading to store more multimedia content then that is probably the way to go.

If you are referring to replacing your internal HDD with an external, it is possible, but you need a converter to fit the SATA connector that is in the PS3.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']For?

You can't play game related content from external drives. SO if you are only upgrading to store more multimedia content then that is probably the way to go.

If you are referring to replacing your internal HDD with an external, it is possible, but you need a converter to fit the SATA connector that is in the PS3.[/QUOTE]

No I wasnt talking about replacing my internal with an external...

So saving games or loading them on to an external HDD like you do with your internal would not work with a PS3 then? JUst was curious about it seeing my brother has a huge one with his PC and has all his games loaded to it....

I guess they are not so much like computers as I thought.

You can export your saves to it, but if you wanted to load the game save you would have to always reload the save file to the PS3

They are really only good for storing videos and music on if you are loow on space, and also backing up your PS3 incase something bad happens.

Well thanks for the post's, I have an external laying around so maybe I will just keep it for backing my saves up and of course when I get a new internal HD seeing my 40gb is pretty much munched up with stuff.

kinda off topic but.....if your external is 2.5" you can just crack open the case, remove the drive, and use that. Know alot of people that did this with a ext. hdd that was on clearance at officemax for $40 over the winter.

bread's done
Back