Hard drive to make my 4GB 360 backwards compatible?

MutantMike

CAGiversary!
Does it have to be official because Amazon has a nice 120GB for under $29 but it's not official

Not sure what to do. I need an internal for sure to install certain DLC like Fallout 3 but figured if I'm gonna get one I might as well get one to play some old X games as well

It doesn't have to be official, but it would be a gamble if any particular unofficial hard drive has the required files for backward compatibility. I personally made my own with a spare Western Digital Blue hard drive I had laying around, and the step to add the files required for backward compatibility is completely optional. Your best bet would be to message the seller and ask whether theirs are or not.

I was able to pick up an unofficial hard drive and used a usb transfer kit cable to hook the new drive up to a mac running windows 7 in parallels, and transfer the partition needed from the old drive to the new drive to let it play original Xbox games over.

EDIT:  I am not sure if instructions to copy the needed files from one hard drive to another are allowed, so PM me if you need a web link for the information.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back