Hard Drive transfer from Elite to Slim (360) plz help

punklivz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So my husband started the transfer from our Elite to our new Slim (94GB) and right about 2 mins into it my son walked by it and brushed up against the power button and it shut off... Now all the info was never transferred, and it will not read the HD... is there a trick to get it to work again? or are we screwed?

Every instance I've seen of this says you're screwed. Microsoft MIGHT have some kind of fix for you, but I highly doubt it.

Yea I still have the Elite, I will see if the memory is still on the old HD but I have no idea how I would be able to transfer it after that :( I have a transfer cable, but not the disk :/ The new slim doesn't require the disk, gah looks like I'm screwed.... soooooooooooo lame... there is like 3 years worth of saves..... :(

thanks 4 replying.

Before giving up, I'd format and use a USB memory stick and manually move the important files off the Elite. Gamer profiles, game saves, avatar stuff - that's what you need. Ignore any full disk game installs, you'll have to reinstall on the new system anyways. Same with XBLA games, DLC, other marketplace content, since you can just reinstall those on the new system from your download history.

I hope that can help.

[quote name='fatboyjam']Before giving up, I'd format and use a USB memory stick and manually move the important files off the Elite. Gamer profiles, game saves, avatar stuff - that's what you need. Ignore any full disk game installs, you'll have to reinstall on the new system anyways. Same with XBLA games, DLC, other marketplace content, since you can just reinstall those on the new system from your download history.

I hope that can help.[/QUOTE]

That's a good idea, I will try that before giving all hope up. I had no idea that all you have to do is basically breathe on the power button on the slim and it turns on or off... Should have a warning label lol.

well amazingly, I decided to try it one last time before transferring via USB, and it actually saw everything, and is in the process of transferring now. I am ecstatic! and I am going to wait to tell my hubby so its a surprise when he gets home... he's gunna b so happy :D

[quote name='punklivz']well amazingly, I decided to try it one last time before transferring via USB, and it actually saw everything, and is in the process of transferring now. I am ecstatic! and I am going to wait to tell my hubby so its a surprise when he gets home... he's gunna b so happy :D
gam.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Girl Power... LOL...

bread's done
Back