Hard Drive

I hear the reverse is more true. I always aim on buying a Seagate drive, since they're cheaper than WD sometimes, but the reviews always turns me off.
Seagates are cheaper, but work much harder than they should be. WD's give you 3 years on Blue drives, 2 years on Green, 5 years on Black. Better warranties for the slightly extra cost is worth it. Just...DO...NOT...buy Samsung or Maxtor. NEVER.

I was looking for a 3-4TB HDD and my friend adviced me to get WD RED series. They are made to run safely 24/7. You can use them as NAS hdd if you want. Didn't bought one yet but I think I will get wd red anyway. 

If you are looking for ssd go for the samsung 840 pro. When I was buying mine 1 year ago it was top of the shelf product. Really happy of it till now. It never bluescreened my w7 yet :) 

Regards!

I have a 750 GB Seagate hard drive since 2008. The drive still going great with no problem.
Watch its heat output. And be sure to do sector checks from time to time for disc health. Don't use WIndows to check it, though. There's better utilities (like Ubuntu can do a quick mount on the HDD if you boot from the CD and don't install it) that can give you health checks on HDDs. When a drive starts to develop bad sectors, that's when you should worry. Especially since the sectors commonly going bad are the ones that are being used.

bread's done
Back