Hard to Find Xbox Games - Now OOS @ Gamestop.com

autopiloton

CAGiversary!
:xbox: Sniper Elite - $19.99 @ Gamestop.com OOS
This game goes on eBay and Amazon used for $30.00+

If you got lucky and got the case and manual, would be a hell of a deal. Otherwise, if you just want to play the game it might be good.

:xbox: Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis - $27.99 OOS

This is one of the rare games for the original Xbox.

I looked on eBay and a factory sealed copy is going for $100 and a used copy is at $30 with 30 minutes left at the time of this post with no instruction booklet and having "a lot of scratches on disk but plays fine".

I know it's a long shot that you'd actually get the case and manual with this from Game Stop, but if you're just interested in playing this game it might be worth it to go this route.

I checked Amazon and used copies start at $74.99 with new copies starting at $199.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jackie Chandler']It's OSS.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, went from in stock and ready to ship to OOS in 30 minutes.

all the games they send from the warehouse have a generic case, no manual, and disk only which makes the games WORTHLESS if you plan on selling them on ebay.

[quote name='mcdaking84']is the game any good?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's pretty fun. Haven't played it for a while, but it had good level design and visuals tuned to make sniping as cool as possible.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Yeah, it's pretty fun. Haven't played it for a while, but it had good level design and visuals tuned to make sniping as cool as possible.[/QUOTE]

I since edited the thread title, I believe he was asking about the Jurassic Park game.

[quote name='wolverinevseveryone']all the games they send from the warehouse have a generic case, no manual, and disk only which makes the games WORTHLESS if you plan on selling them on ebay.[/QUOTE]

Some people actually intend on buying these games to PLAY though.:roll: It looks like the hoarding/Ebay mf'ers already cleared out my area of this and Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis. The closest stores with them in stock is an hour or more drive away.:cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Some people actually intend on buying these games to PLAY though.:roll: It looks like the hoarding/Ebay mf'ers already cleared out my area of this and Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis. The closest stores with them in stock is an hour or more drive away.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Is anyone else catching onto the hypocrisy in this statement?

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Is anyone else catching onto the hypocrisy in this statement?[/QUOTE]:roll: I never said I wasn't a hypocrite as I have hoarded and grabbed a whole bunch of a deal before. But if it comes down to it, I'd rather pay Rapestop the 50%(since I think their current deal is 50% off all Xbox games)off the prices listed than some Fleabayer $50 for a game I could've picked up for the aforementioned 50% off.

i'm a game collector so i savy the mint stuff and still got games from 25 years ago going back to NES. i rarely play the last generation stuff anymore so everything i get is near mint, mint, and complete with everything. i been to the gamestop by me that still carries xbox games, but all they have is generic cases with disks. honestly, what do people do with their jewel cases and manuals...? no one is gonna buy that crap for even 50% off. it seems like everything is on ebay now, but once april 15th comes around no one will want any regular xbox games because online modes will be rendered useless.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:roll: I never said I wasn't a hypocrite as I have hoarded and grabbed a whole bunch of a deal before. But if it comes down to it, I'd rather pay Rapestop the 50%(since I think their current deal is 50% off all Xbox games)off the prices listed than some Fleabayer $50 for a game I could've picked up for the aforementioned 50% off.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='wolverinevseveryone']i'm a game collector so i savy the mint stuff and still got games from 25 years ago going back to NES. i rarely play the last generation stuff anymore so everything i get is near mint, mint, and complete with everything. i been to the gamestop by me that still carries xbox games, but all they have is generic cases with disks. honestly, what do people do with their jewel cases and manuals...? no one is gonna buy that crap for even 50% off. it seems like everything is on ebay now, but once april 15th comes around no one will want any regular xbox games because online modes will be rendered useless.[/QUOTE]

Some people view the manuals and cases as disposable, much like they view games as disposable entertainment.:cry:

I had an ex that did this to some PS1 games that I was giving to her, so I ended up taking them right back. Yet all of her cd's and movies were mint/complete.:roll:

Had no idea sniper elite was so rare I have a copy I got as part of a game lot (with case and manual) guess it is going on ebay.

I got JP: Operation Genesis last year in mint condition for $15 at Game Crazy... Too bad most of the stores or closing or closed. So much better than Gamestop.

It's a fun game, I remember looking for a copy and seeing it $30+ all the time. To those that just want to play the game, thankfully it's on Steam. I paid $2 for it during a sale.

Sniper Elite has to to be the one of my most fav older gen shooters ever. I love how you use the wind and cover noise to take out people without alerting them. The slowmo bullet stuff is so awesome. I really wish i did not give away my game when i gave my cousin it all for free. I really loved that game and it was really nicely done and more real then most shooters i play.

[quote name='wolverinevseveryone']all the games they send from the warehouse have a generic case, no manual, and disk only which makes the games WORTHLESS if you plan on selling them on ebay.[/QUOTE]

Just to verify, any game you order from gamestop.com used will be in a generic case disk only? Or just older games?

[quote name='mediviper']Just to verify, any game you order from gamestop.com used will be in a generic case disk only? Or just older games?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't bet on getting anything, but the last time I ordered used games from Gamestop.com (they were Dreamcast games, if that tells you anything) I got the cases but no manuals. Might be different now, I don't know.

[quote name='mediviper']Just to verify, any game you order from gamestop.com used will be in a generic case disk only? Or just older games?[/QUOTE]
It's a gamble for older titles(Anything previous gen).

For Wii, 360, PS3, DS, and PSP games you're GUARANTEED to get full package.(With some exceptions)

I remember buying this game at a mom and pop video rental place a while back. They were clearing out all of their xbox tittles at around $5 a piece. Not really sure what people saw in it, played through it without much praise. I believe I ended up flipping it on ebay for about 30~40 a little later on

a few years back the local 1/2 price books had about 10 sealed for like $15....knew i should have bought one (all?)...I was probably in one of my "i have too many games already" phases....

[quote name='autopiloton']I since edited the thread title, I believe he was asking about the Jurassic Park game.[/QUOTE]

Hrmm... The folly of vague post, I guess.

Could be wrong(I haven't checked ebay), but the $70 price tag on amazon sounds a bit too much, I sold mine about half a year ago and it was only fetching about $40 then. But yeah sniper elite was kind of generic, although there was some interesting ideas in there.

I always come across JP OG for some reason, I even just picked one up the other day at gamecrazy for $15.

Original Xbox games at this point are basically a 99.9% chance of getting a disc only copy.

Gamecube/PS2 are very hit or miss. Depends largely upon how common a game it is. If you order Gods of War, chances are it'll have the insert and manual. If you get something less common like Atelier Iris, you will most likely get disc only. Its safe to say if you want the game complete, ordering online from gamestop isn't your best bet.

Now for newer Wii/360/PS3 games they are pretty good at sending it complete (except bonus discs).

I brought Sniper Elite and Jurassic park for PS2 on Gamestop.com and Jurassic Park came with case but no manual and Sniper Elite came complete. It's really a hit or miss and you never know till you get them.

Edit: Didn't see the above post but I agree with him as I have brought Xbox games and most of them came with disk only.

[quote name='warmsignal']I don't really get why any Xbox game that was also on PS2 would ever be valuable or desirable.[/QUOTE]

They were sometimes printed in comparatively limited quantities, which gets collectors excited and raises the price. As for being desirable, the Xbox versions usually had better graphics.

No, that is not true. Sometimes you will get insert and manual, while other times it will just be the disc in a generic case. For many games this gen, gamestop.com has a note saying that you are guaranteed to get the insert and manual.

FLOL I was just asking about original XBox games at an out of the way store, and the girl working there told me that their original XBox inventory was already "sent away", and that all stores will be "shipping away" their XBox games in the next week or so. No idea what the hell happened to 75% off (85% with Edge), but I took it with a grain of salt that she had no clue what she was talking about.

I figure some stores will still have them, and it will be up to us to sniff them out and cherry pick the quality.

I was interested in Sniper Elite, but wasn't interested enough to pay
the prices that it was going for. During Steam's X-Mas sale, I snagged
it for $2.50.

bread's done
Back