Hardest game you've ever beaten

Who's The Twitch Now?

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I think this justifies its own thread, as the last one opened the door for waxing disappointment, and this one waxing triumph... if you can do that...

Yes, well, you know the drill. Oldentymes to Uber1337. Ergh. I'd start, but nothing seems to be hitting the mark right now. So someone else start. How about... the first poster. Yeah, that works. Hopefully.

So yeah. Boast away.

Ninja Gaiden / Hurricane Pack/ Ninja Gaiden Black - The hardest game that I think I've ever played
and I beat every freakin level

Ninja Gaiden - NES I hated losing to the boss to start the last level over

Mike Tyson Punchout - Knocked his over rated ass out

Friday The 13th - NES

Ikaruga - GOOD GOD

Super Ghost and Goblins - SNES I think that's the right one

Guitar Hero - 1-2 hours a day for three months, I got it down

Final Fantasy I (NES)

Super Mario Bros 3. (playing all day with no save feature = :bomb:)

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Eternal Champions (had to beat the last boss 4 times with one life bar)

Battletoads (NES) (FUCKIN' BIKE LEVEL!)

Ninja Gaiden Black

[quote name='sethrhf']Guitar Hero - 1-2 hours a day for three months, I got it down[/quote]Pretty much everything else on your list is about right, but Guitar Hero? As much as I love it and as good as I am, it doesn't even touch games like Ninja Gaiden and Battletoads.

Off the top of my head, Mega Man Zero. For a Mega Man game, it's frickin' tough.

I've no doubt played harder, but that's all I can think of right now.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Pretty much everything else on your list is about right, but Guitar Hero? As much as I love it and as good as I am, it doesn't even touch games like Ninja Gaiden and Battletoads.

Off the top of my head, Mega Man Zero. For a Mega Man game, it's frickin' tough.

I've no doubt played harder, but that's all I can think of right now.[/QUOTE]

Have you beaten Guitar Hero on Expert? I have. It's not easy.

[quote name='sethrhf']
Friday The 13th - NES
[/QUOTE]

really?, you even went back and fought him the second time through because hes not dead yet, I couldnt stomach any more of Camp Crystal Lake and I turned it off

[quote name='Purple Flames']
Battletoads (NES) (FUCKIN' BIKE LEVEL!)

[/QUOTE]

I have done the bike level so many times I can almost recite it in my head without playing it. The damn Rat Race level is the one that hates me, grrrrrr.

Most people might not have played/put much time into the game, but getting the absolute final ending (fifth) on Drakengard 1 was fucking HARD AS HELL.

The secret final boss is basically an insane version of a rhythm game cranked up to the hardest setting.

(The final ending is awesome btw!)

I guess it's me but Guitar Hero on expert mode I believe is hard. I haven't seen anyone have a easy time on it with out a lot of practice. Maybe it's me.

Well after spending $40 on Friday The 13th back in the 80's I was going to get every penny out of that game.

I beat a couple of the myst games without any help from guides/faqs. Other games may have been harder, but these I remember taking as a personal challange to beat without help.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Have you beaten Guitar Hero on Expert? I have. It's not easy.[/quote]I have as well, and while it wasn't easy, it wasn't as hard as some of the previously mentioned games. It did take me about month though to work from Normal to Expert.

I have by no means mastered the game and I've pretty much hit my peak. I can beat every song on Expert and have most of them with five stars. There are about 10 or so that I haven't (Cowboys from Hell, Bark at the Moon, etc.) and I probably never will.

Guitar Hero II has the potential to be much harder from what I've read. Three-finger chords? Scary.

Panzer Dragoon Orta on all difficulty settings. Man, I love that game.
2nd call for Call of Duty 2 on Veteran. Spent nearly six hours on a single mission.

In Super Ghouls N Ghosts after you "beat" the game the first time you had to go back and defeat the boss again with a certain weapon. So technically to beat the game you had to play it twice while keeping that weapon in your possession. And the weapon sucked. Needless to say I only beat Super Ghouls N Ghosts once.

Ninja Gaiden I was hard, I beat that.

Mike Tysons Punch Out wasn't that hard at all. Although I hated the 2nd Don Flamenco because he would make you punch him so he could block it, and I hated turning pink.

Obligatory Mega Man reference.

Super Contra I beat and that was somewhat difficult.

F Zero on the Gamecube was somewhat difficult, beat that.

Legend of Zelda II. I remember having to call the Nintendo long distance number to get the correct sequence of spells to beat the last guy.

Chrono Trigger wasn't difficult, but I always got my ass kicked at the last guy. I played it soon after the PS1 came out so I really didn't have the patience to level up or purchase more megaelixirs.

I think Rush N Attack was probably difficult at one point, but I have beaten that game so many times its just like fucking Pavlov's Dogs playing that level. Only sometimes do the parachute shooters get me.

Timesplitters 1 on all difficulty levels was exceedingly difficult.

And definitely Battletoads, that god damned bike level. The whole thing that decided whether you were going to beat that game or not was that one level where you were sliding down that cave with the vines and would hit the birds back and forth to get 1ups. If you got 1ups you had a good chance of beating the game.

Shadowrun for the SNES was hard in that the directions for what you were going to do weren't ever outlined that well at all. So you'd spend half the game arbitrarily running around.

I think the hardest thing, was beating all the time challenges on Goldeneye, especially beating the Aztec level in like 11 minutes on 007 Agent, that was fucking insane. I still remember running to the launch pad with agents shooting klobbs at my back.

hugos house of horrors
and crystal caves.

then i had the accident, and never had too much trouble getting through games. this all occured while i was pretty small, a kid, no idea of what age, unfortunatly i now have no concept of time.

My only real achievement is beating Splatterhouse 2 and 3 on Game Master. As for hardest game, only thing that comes to mind is Castlevania Chronicles, I managed 2 playthroughs on original mode. (My memory really sucks)

Ninja Gaiden BLACK on very hard...only 678 people listed on the XBOX LIVE leaderboard even beating it on that setting...im working on Master Ninja.....Im afraid to see if anyone is even listed on the board..I cant imagine more than 10 people doing it and if so that more than 3-5 could beat the game and ALL THE MISSIONS on Master Ninja...in fact i dont know if anyone has...scary thought

[quote name='strayfoxx']
F Zero on the Gamecube was somewhat difficult, beat that.

[/QUOTE]

That reminds me....my crazy roommate back in college absolutely LOVED that game and he unlocked absolutely EVERYTHING.

He got all of the CG endings for EVERY character, all of the hidden arcade racers/tracks, and all of the staff ghosts.

And I couldn't even get through story mode on normal....haha

The hardest game I have ever beaten is Star Ocean Till The End of Time. Now before you jump to ocnclusions let me finish.

This game is so beyond awful that simply making myself play all the way to the end was a lesson in difficulty I'll never forget. Not all difficulty comes from challenge, or great game design. Some difficulty comes from a game completely failing at all aspects of game design.

Storyline, battle system, side quests, everything in the game made me wish for death. But I struggled through despite that. The day I finished it I oculdn't have been more relieved and sad. Relieved I would never have to touch the game again, and sad that I wasted 30 hours of my life on Gaming Aids.

As far as actual good game challenge, it is probably getting all platinums on blast corps.

[quote name='hohez']The hardest game I have ever beaten is Star Ocean Till The End of Time. Now before you jump to ocnclusions let me finish.

This game is so beyond awful that simply making myself play all the way to the end was a lesson in difficulty I'll never forget. Not all difficulty comes from challenge, or great game design. Some difficulty comes from a game completely failing at all aspects of game design.

Storyline, battle system, side quests, everything in the game made me wish for death. But I struggled through despite that. The day I finished it I oculdn't have been more relieved and sad. Relieved I would never have to touch the game again, and sad that I wasted 30 hours of my life on Gaming Aids.

As far as actual good game challenge, it is probably getting all platinums on blast corps.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:#

NES - Dr. Mario starting on Hi speed and going all the way to level 99. You get a UFO sequence at the end if I remember correctly...btw I was 8 years old when I did this. (Don't ask me how. @_@)

SNES - Lion King...so many game overs @_@ until I finally beat Scar

N64 - Pokemon Stadium...Beating the Elite 4(Master level?) using only RENTAL Pokemon. that was fucking hard.

PS2 - God of war on God Mode difficulty without using alternate kratos forms(i.e. chef, cow, business kratos) etc.

And I'm currently struggling with my latest endeavor:

DS - Mariokart - Getting 3 Star Ratings on all Grand Prixs...now THAT'S an accomplishment if I ever complete it.

Contra (NES) My cousin and I spent a lot of time on summer vaction to beat that game. I don't want to even talk about it. So much anger...

bread's done
Back