Harmony of Dissonance Questions

smaaug

CAGiversary!
Feedback
58 (100%)
Ok I am probably missing something really obvious and not sure how important this is since I am halfway through the game without it but I have a couple of questions.

1. How do I equip and use a secondary weapon, for example a hammer (I see this mentioned in the walkthrough but have found no item called that)?

2. Sometimes when I knock down a candelabra an item falls that I can't pick up. Every time I touch it, it jumps over and becomes something else. How do I keep these items?

3. How do I control the type of magic spell I am casting? I know how to turn on each of the various spellbooks but the type of ice/fire/etc spell that comes out seem to be random.

Any help would be appreciated.

[quote name='smaaug']Ok I am probably missing something really obvious and not sure how important this is since I am halfway through the game without it but I have a couple of questions.

1. How do I equip and use a secondary weapon, for example a hammer (I see this mentioned in the walkthrough but have found no item called that)?

2. Sometimes when I knock down a candelabra an item falls that I can't pick up. Every time I touch it, it jumps over and becomes something else. How do I keep these items?

3. How do I control the type of magic spell I am casting? I know how to turn on each of the various spellbooks but the type of ice/fire/etc spell that comes out seem to be random.

Any help would be appreciated.[/quote]

Never played HoD, but have played my fair share of Castlevania's. Can't answer #1, but #2 is your special weapon, you pick up the one that falls and trade it for the one you've already have, should be an icon near your HP bar indicating what you have.

[quote name='smaaug']Ok I am probably missing something really obvious and not sure how important this is since I am halfway through the game without it but I have a couple of questions.

Any help would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

1) If the hammer the walkthrough is talking about the "Crushing Stone" or something like that, it is the attachment you put on your whip in the equip menu. The crushing thing is what breaks the cracked stone walls.

2) The other poster had it right. The items keep hopping because you are getting a new subweapon.

3) The reason the type of magic spell is differing is because you keep on picking up a new subweapon. Each subweapon (holy water, knife, axe, etc.) has a unique attack for each type of spell (fire, ice, lightning, etc.)

bread's done
Back