Harry Potter game coming to PSP!!

Kman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
New Harry Potter game coming to PSP

Electronic Arts and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment yesterday announced the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix video game is in development and scheduled for July 2007 release on a variety of platforms including the PlayStation Portable. Under development by EA’s UK Studio, which is the team behind other Harry Potter games, this title lets one play multiple characters, including Harry Potter, Dumbledore and Sirius Black, and offers the "opportunity to wield a wand, explore all around Hogwarts, and experience one of the most exciting and dangerous years in the life of the Boy Who Lived".

source:http://www.pspworld.com/sony-psp/news/new-harry-potter-game-coming-to-psp-006169.php

this game is going to look awesome on the psp... this will be a great handheld game..

You act like this is big news. It isn't even the first appearance of the franchise on the PSP. Considering the developer's past work this is hardly cause for excitement unless you're a really intense Harry Potter fan.

guys, if thats what he likes, let him be excited about it, he posted new information for people that are interested... geez.

Personally I would like to see a nicely done Harry Potter game, with free roam, I think it would have some good game play. (Go to class and learn new spells, go on quests, play mini games) However, if they just play off the movie it could be a bad game. But at least they are still planing to make games for the PSP in July which I think is a plus.

[quote name='hx214']guys, if thats what he likes, let him be excited about it, he posted new information for people that are interested... geez.

Personally I would like to see a nicely done Harry Potter game, with free roam, I think it would have some good game play. (Go to class and learn new spells, go on quests, play mini games) However, if they just play off the movie it could be a bad game. But at least they are still planing to make games for the PSP in July which I think is a plus.[/QUOTE]

The whole starting post ran like an advertisement rather than fan enthusiasm. Thus the reaction. This isn't IGN or Gamespot. Wed on't need announcements that could have been predicted over a year in advance.

EA had a huge sum invested in the development of a Harry Potter MMORPG a ew years ago and the project crashed and burned. The rumored sums of money spent were pretty alarming. So don't expect anything really surprising from EA on this franchise. They'll play it sae and exloit the guaranteed market with more mediocre HP games.

Um....... yeah. It's a movie tie in game. Goblet of Fire was released on the PSP too. It will be nothing special.

bread's done
Back