Harry Potter Wizard's Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo + UltraViolet Digital Copy) $154.99 Amazon DOTD

Damn. Looks sold out. Really was considering it but im broke till Friday. Could get all the separate ultimates for a little less though....

I thought about it, but that version of the Harry Potter collection apparently does not contain the extended versions of movies 3-8? So I figure I'm just gonna wait until WB decides to release an actual complete collection.

I thought about it, but that version of the Harry Potter collection apparently does not contain the extended versions of movies 3-8? So I figure I'm just gonna wait until WB decides to release an actual complete collection.
There are not extended versions of 3-8 at all. If your talking about the ultimate versions all disc are included. And it would be near impossible to get all the various directors in an agreement to make extended cuts of the films best you could hope for is an extended version of 5 and the two final films. The rest have less of a chance as the films have little to no known extra footage to include. But its been said a few times that the directors are happy with the films as they stand.

Okay, $155 is too much, but what jackass set a $500 MSRP? Oh, I forgot, it's the oh-so popular Harry Potter, so why not go for a cash grab? 

There are not extended versions of 3-8 at all. If your talking about the ultimate versions all disc are included. And it would be near impossible to get all the various directors in an agreement to make extended cuts of the films best you could hope for is an extended version of 5 and the two final films. The rest have less of a chance as the films have little to no known extra footage to include. But its been said a few times that the directors are happy with the films as they stand.
I'm not what sure you mean by "make extended cuts," or what the director has to do with it. Generally, extended versions of movies are ones that had footage that was removed for theatrical release put back in.

Now, if there are no such things as extra footage for movies 3-8, that's great. But on the other hand, that was a common complaint about this box set, as for something so large it didn't even have extended versions of the movies, which were even broadcast on TV.

I'm not what sure you mean by "make extended cuts," or what the director has to do with it. Generally, extended versions of movies are ones that had footage that was removed for theatrical release put back in.

Now, if there are no such things as extra footage for movies 3-8, that's great. But on the other hand, that was a common complaint about this box set, as for something so large it didn't even have extended versions of the movies, which were even broadcast on TV.
Greenwolfe explained it pretty well. It's the Ultimate Editions for all 8 movies. The Ultimate Editions for 1 and 2 contain the extended editions. Those are the only two films to have extended versions. The others never did.

I don't own any of the Harry Potter movies yet, and as much as I want this set, there are two things holding me back :

1. The price. Amazon has had a few "deals" on this over the past year, but this is the cheapest price yet. It's still not cheap enough to jump on.

2. The packaging. There's so much extra crap in this set that I just don't need. Not to mention how awkward the thing is. Good luck trying to fit it on the shelf! I think they should just release a book-style version that looks like a spellbook or a diary or something. Knowing WB, they'll probably come out with a more normal looking set in a few years or so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Now, if there are no such things as extra footage for movies 3-8, that's great. But on the other hand, tat was a common complaint about this box set, as for something so large it didn't even have extended versions of the movies, which were even broadcast on TV.
I assumed you talking about directors cuts. But no the only other film with any real extra footage was the 5th. The final two have very little but could be extended somewhat... I suppose personally i want the 5th extened but its never gonna happen its not worth the effort for them to make it i dont think harry potter makes plenty for them as it stands with out the cost of the effort.

Okay, $155 is too much, but what jackass set a $500 MSRP? Oh, I forgot, it's the oh-so popular Harry Potter, so why not go for a cash grab?
wizards-only.jpg

bread's done
Back