Harvest Moon DS $10 at Best Buy B&M

Camwi

CAGiversary!
Just got back from the Stevens Point, WI Best Buy and saw it there for $10. I can't seem to find it on their website, so I'm assuming this is B&M only.

Not the best game in the series, but I think it's worth it for anyone who needs a farming-sim fix before the new games come out for DS and PSP.

These may have been restocked as I saw some today that weren't there previously.

Don't forget to use the GP Coupon and get $5 off for a price of $4.99.

I completely missed this then, I just assumed that all the clearanced games would be gone, and if they are being restocked I will check next time I go. Thanks OP!

I looked for the game at two best buys today and didn't see it at all. They did restock Nano Breaker at both stores though, its marked as $9.99 but if you peel off the new UPC sticker on the back it still rings up for $1.99

[quote name='freshzen']I looked for the game at two best buys today and didn't see it at all. They did restock Nano Breaker at both stores though, its marked as $9.99 but if you peel off the new UPC sticker on the back it still rings up for $1.99[/quote]

lol is that illegal?

Well it was restocked about 6-8 weeks ago as well, and I actually got help from the media department manager in peeling off those UPC stickers on certain games, it was kind of funny.

[quote name='kell']These may have been restocked as I saw some today that weren't there previously.

Don't forget to use the GP Coupon and get $5 off for a price of $4.99.[/QUOTE]

I thought that coupon only applied to purchases of $19.99 or up? Or are you talking about something else? I am talking about the $5 off coupon from those BB video game gift cards.

[quote name='hbdragon88']I thought that coupon only applied to purchases of $19.99 or up? Or are you talking about something else? I am talking about the $5 off coupon from those BB video game gift cards.[/quote]
No, he's referring to the "$5 off any Wii or DS" game coupon from the current issue of GamePro. See this thread.

I'd watch out because this game is full of glitches. I think even save corrupting. Look around to see if you it bothers you enough.

I REALLY hope I can snag this for $5. I've wanted this for a very long time. I'll be at three Best Buys over the next two days (and if I went 20 or so minutes out of my way I could check a fourth the day after), so here's to hoping that I can find it somewhere! :X

Awesome, I picked one up at the Waterford, CT store today and used the coupon to get it for $5. They had one other copy left if anyone else is interested. Thanks, OP!

Thanks OP! Picked one of these up at the Best Buy in Greensburg, PA today after reading here. Only copy I saw on the shelf. Definitly a new deal, or new stock, as I am in that store at least once a week, and have been really preying on games with those $5 coupons. :)

The BBs I went to tonight had it in stock and none of them had a plastic backer in the shelves that said the game's name and price. I looked behind the Horsez games and found them. $9.99 when I had it price checked.

These are the glitches listed on Wiki:
  • Random freeze up of the game, especially in winter.
  • Inability to marry the Witch Princess because the game fails to count dead animals
  • Inability to marry the Goddess because of the missing Buckwheat Flour and the Necklace
  • Inability to complete cooking and shipping lists due to aforementioned Buckwheat Flour
  • In winter, tiles can randomly become impassable if a grass building falls
  • "Ghost Town", where all doors are permanently locked and villagers are missing
  • Milker glitch, where any animal that can be brushed can be milked
  • Cats and dogs getting stuck after home additions
  • 1 billion gold fishing glitch
Other glitches include blank bottom screens and some events seem to be either missing or impossible to access.

[quote name='dcdsguy']lol is that illegal?[/quote]
I think thats consider fraud when you tamper with prices

I'd probably take this for $5 if I saw it, even though it sounds glitchy, which is pretty pathetic since it's basically a GBA port with a few additions thrown in. The next two DS Harvest Moon games sound much more interesting and promising. But for $5, why not, add to the list of games I've gotten for $5 recently: Polarium, Castlevania, Ridge Racer...and two of those were just to get to $25 to use a TRU coupon. Gotta love CAG.

[quote name='parKer20']These are the glitches listed on Wiki:[/quote]
Yeah, there are quite a few glitches in this game. Sadly, I bought this at full price for my daughters birthday and now it sits unplayed because it glitched and ruined her save file. She's too busy with Pokemon now anyway.

Lesson: Harvest Moon DS isn't even worth $10.

I checked my local BB for this just yesterday after reading the thread, and it's nowhere to be seen. I don't think I've ever seen it in stock in my store, and the GBA/DS sections are my playground. :p

has anyone bugged natsume about all these bugs. I can't imagine them refunding but might be a second deal in this through them. Just a thought.

also for anyone intrested there were at least 2 copies left in Fort Wayne Indiana at the Jefferson Pointe store as of about noon 5-23-07

[quote name='floormat']has anyone bugged natsume about all these bugs. I can't imagine them refunding but might be a second deal in this through them. Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

It's been how many months already and I don't think they ever said anything about fixing the glitches, so it's really doubtful they'll bother by now. I really hope they don't mess up Rune Factory. I'm really looking forward to that game. Maybe they can actually fix some bugs from the Japanese version too, rather than add more.

[quote name='bmachine']Is it completely unplayable? I snagged a copy today but it's still wrapped in plastic...should I bring it back?[/quote]

Ditto, I grabbed it today before I read about all the damn glitches! What to do???

I have a feeling Best Buy reordered a bunch of these when the Harvest Moon PSP game came out. I wouldn't be surprised if they raised the price back up to $20 or $30 (see Castlevania: DOS).

[quote name='parKer20']These are the glitches listed on Wiki:[/quote]

I'm pretty sure I ran into the ghost town glitch when I started a new file on my friend's cartridge to try this game out. I didn't realize it was a glitch at the time and just figured the game sucked that much. Apparently the glitches aren't that rare then.

Also, the touch screen menus on the game are a joke from what I remember. You have to touch the screen to type in things or select options...but the options don't actually execute! After you touch them on the touch screen, you have to actually hit the physical start or select button on your DS. Talk about tacked on. You can just tell by looking a the presentation that this was a poorly ported GBA game. Even for $5 I would pass on this broken game. Rune Factory looks promising though (fingers crossed).

I picked this up for $5 Saturday when I spotted it for $10. Is this more appropriate for my adult sister (who loves Nintendogs) or my little niece? I haven't played Harvest Moon since the SNES but I know a middle-aged woman who loves every one so I'm not just being sexist here. :)

bread's done
Back