Has anybody bought a refurb Ipod from Gamestop?

ajh2298

CAGiversary!
Feedback
181 (100%)
I am really missing my Ipod at work since my Touch broke a week ago. I am thinking about picking up a Nano at my local Gamestop since I am extra credit there plus a $10.00 off Power Up Coupon I could use on it. Does anybody know what Gamestops "Refurb" process is on one of these? I called my local store and they pretty much said they didnt know what happens to them once they get sent in to be refurbed.

Has anybody purchased one from Gamestop and if so how did it look and did it work 100% like new?

Thanks,
Anthony

Standard refurb conditions, put into like-new status. Cleaning, polishing, fix any scratches/dents, data wiped, etc.

It has the same warranty as all other pre-owned products. 7 days for money back, 30 days exchange only for same item if defective (can purchase extended warranty).

I wouldn't. They probably have old, consumed batteries in them - but if you can check the S/N with Apple, maybe you'll get one still in warranty there.

This sounds like the worst idea ever. Go with Craigslist, there's less chance of you getting raped in the transaction.

I've thought about it but I know when they first started their prices were teh same as buying a refurb straight from Apple and I trust Apple a lot more than I do Gamestop.

Not the same thing, but I did buy a refurbished iPad 2 from Gamestop. It's worked for me flawlessly. Looked like new and the battery holds a charge just as well as any other iPad. Just my experience, I'm sure it's partly luck of the draw with how good of condition it will be in.

I ended up with a 6th generation like new 16gb Nano for $95.00 the apple store wants $120.00 for the same refurbed one. I traded in 3 HDMI Cables and had a $10.00 off Power Up coupon so it ended up costing me $75.00 of my existing credit. I added the 2 year warranty on it for the extra $15.00 and I have been using it for a few days and it works flawlessly.

bread's done
Back