Has anyone ever heard of Friendster?

Xevious

CAGiversary!
A friend of mine was telling me about it . Its like some kind of social networking thing on the internet.

Is anyone here a member? Can you tell me what your experiences are?

as much as I agree with the above poster, I do have to say that myspace>friendster

Friendster was always very slow when loading pages, myspace was 10X faster.

If you are going to get into one of those types of sites, go with myspace, not friendster.

Yeah, Xevious I guess you're behind in that part of the East Bay, up here in the Herc town everyone here uses MySpace

Except me, personally I think the whole thing is dumb, you'd think people would find something better to do with their time, like playing video games.

It's ok, I don't use it much, I use myspace.com a lot more, myspace isn't bad, been able to find some friends that i haven't kept in touch with from high school and stuff like that.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']It's lame to the max. But if you like lame stuff like blogging you will be right at home.[/quote]

^^ That pretty much sums up my feelings about the site too.

I'm on friendster, while some people use it to meet people and stuff, I think its been good to stay connected/in touch to people you know. I rarely go on it but I've got in contact with a few people I haven't talked to/seen in awhile. Pretty cool. I have to say that I hate Myspace. The person who started it started rumors about Friendster closing to get people on myspace. Myspace also has the blog thing and is loaded with high school kids using it to show off pictures and leave comments on people they see everyday. Also when you join myspace the dude who created it automatically becomes your friend. I say stick with friendster, its more straight forward.

MySpace is better, just because its server is so much faster. Friendster might have improved since I last used it, but it used to time out on me all of the time. :x

wow...thats a lot of good feedback.

Personally, I am not into the blog thing. Posting here at CAG is good enough for me.

Still, I'll check out Myspace since most of you seem to like it more (although I appreciate CouRageous' decenting opinion).

But then again when everything is said and done, I might not end up caring at all for myspace or friendster. Still, I give it a shot....

[quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='Mr Unoriginal']It's lame to the max. But if you like lame stuff like blogging you will be right at home.[/quote]

^^ That pretty much sums up my feelings about the site too.[/quote]
that sounds about right, a couple of friends convienced me to sign up, i did, made friends with them and havent logged on in a LONG time, soooooooo if its for your friends just appease them and then you wont have to waste your time with it any more

[quote name='iheartmetal'][quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='Mr Unoriginal']It's lame to the max. But if you like lame stuff like blogging you will be right at home.[/quote]

^^ That pretty much sums up my feelings about the site too.[/quote]
that sounds about right, a couple of friends convienced me to sign up, i did, made friends with them and havent logged on in a LONG time, soooooooo if its for your friends just appease them and then you wont have to waste your time with it any more[/quote]

lol, same reason I signed up, haven't logged on in like 6 months

Its stupid. Before you know it you'll be "friends" with half of the registered users, but you won't know 99.9% of your "friends".

bread's done
Back