Has anyone ever tried returning a GI subscription to Gamestop/EBgames?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadlykeyboard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I kind of got suckered into buying an Edge Card for "$5" that turned out to be $15 today. Is there a way for me to return the subscription?

I don't like GI anyways. Has anyone tried returning it? Or is my $15 gone forever?

GI is the best console and game industry mag out there. Your $15 was well-spent, even if you never use your edge card (which you will, of course).

Technically, there's no such thing as "returning a subscription", and it certainly wouldn't be done B&M, but you can try calling the customer service # on the inside frontish page of any GI issue to see if they have some sort of satisfaction guarantee.

Oh, and: In Before The Lock.

[quote name='DefinedByClass13']Did you buy a lot of used games? You were probably charged the 15, but technically only really paid 5 after the discount taken off from your purchase.[/QUOTE]

exactly, it was obviously 5 after the edge card discount.

Nope. I only traded in two wii games to get Brawl for $10 and Brute Force, Tony Hawk 4, and Metroid: Hunters.

All in all I only "saved" $3. Anyways, most of the used games at GS are a total rip off. I can usually find cheap new games for $20-30 off craigslist.

All in all I only "saved" $3. Anyways, most of the used games at GS are a total rip off. I can usually find cheap new games for $20-30 off craigslist.

While this is generally true, you can make out like a bandit when you take advantage of the GS deals, especially on newer games. For instance, I got Devil May Cry 4 like a week after it's release for $35, thanks to the Edge and 25% off. Plus, everything was mint.

[quote name='soups']edge card usually stacks, you'll live with it[/quote]

Seriously, it's like $15. And GI is a really good magazine.

the magazine's okay, i wouldn't subscribe to it again though. I ended up paying for it too when i got the edge card, but it was my fault since I didn't really pay attention to what the cashier was saying, all I heard was 10% off used games for a year lol, and I was more eager to get home.

[quote name='archibishopthedoge']GI isnt bad. I like getting it. At the very least it makes good reading when you're on the can.[/QUOTE]

yeah, GI is batter than say, Gamepro, which you should use as TP after you sit on the can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back