Has anyone got banned from Halo 2 just by using a 360 to play it?

Puzznic

CAGiversary!
I have a good friend that i play Halo 2 with on Live. This guy has never done so much as a superjump much less any kind of cheating.

He ended up getting a 360 and started playing Halo 2 with it. After 2 days his main name got banned. He bought a 1 month card just to play Halo and after 2 games he gets banned again. He buys another card and gets banned after 2 more games.

Has anyone heard about anything like this? It's like Bungies sensors sees his 360 as some kind of modded Xbox or something. He has been calling Microsoft customer service and they won't do anything.

Has anyone had any luck getting an unjust ban reversed or is there a phone number for Bungie that he can call?

Everything I've heard is that if your account is banned, it stays banned. Even if they should somehow screw up they won't unban it because they're stubborn like that.

[quote name='Puzznic']I have a good friend that i play Halo 2 with on Live. This guy has never done so much as a superjump much less any kind of cheating.

He ended up getting a 360 and started playing Halo 2 with it. After 2 days his main name got banned. He bought a 1 month card just to play Halo and after 2 games he gets banned again. He buys another card and gets banned after 2 more games.

Has anyone heard about anything like this? It's like Bungies sensors sees his 360 as some kind of modded Xbox or something. He has been calling Microsoft customer service and they won't do anything.

Has anyone had any luck getting an unjust ban reversed or is there a phone number for Bungie that he can call?[/QUOTE]

So he bought two new live cards to play halo instead of calling Microsoft right away after the first was banned? Sorry, but it sounds a little fishy that someone would do that. Are you sure your friend is being honest with you?

[quote name='greendj27']So he bought two new live cards to play halo instead of calling Microsoft right away after the first was banned? Sorry, but it sounds a little fishy that someone would do that. Are you sure your friend is being honest with you?[/QUOTE]

The way I wrote it out was kind of backwards. He didn't buy the other cards until after he called Microsoft. But he called them again after the second card got banned because then it was obvious that it was some kind of glitch.

Trust me i have played with this guy for years and he is one of the few people i play with. He never had any problems before he traded in his regular Xbox for the 360. This is the type of guy who won't even use a plasma pistol since it is cheap, which is why i play with him.

I was banned back in August on the regular XBox. I've emailed Bungie, written 2 letters to them and everything just to get some type of an explanation and I've recieved nothing from them at all. So tell him not to bother trying to get in touch with Bungie. XBox Live might be able to help in that they can tell him who banned him. I found out XBox Live didn't ban me and that Bungie did but they couldn't tell me anything other than that. I don't cheat and am really average with my highest ranking being an 18 in Big Team. I think it's shitty if they don't give you an explanation, especially if you're too stupid to cheat like myself.

[quote name='Puzznic']The way I wrote it out was kind of backwards. He didn't buy the other cards until after he called Microsoft. But he called them again after the second card got banned because then it was obvious that it was some kind of glitch.

Trust me i have played with this guy for years and he is one of the few people i play with. He never had any problems before he traded in his regular Xbox for the 360. This is the type of guy who won't even use a plasma pistol since it is cheap, which is why i play with him.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, makes more sense now. I haven't played on a 360, so I can't help you with that one.

The stupid thing is that if they would look at his game results they would see 1:1 kill ratios and maybe a few positive kills. Nothing like the kill ratios and lack of deaths that cheaters would achieve.

[quote name='Puzznic']The stupid thing is that if they would look at his game results they would see 1:1 kill ratios and maybe a few positive kills. Nothing like the kill ratios and lack of deaths that cheaters would achieve.[/QUOTE]

Is he perma-banned or just temp banned?

[quote name='greendj27']Is he perma-banned or just temp banned?[/QUOTE]

Im guessing it's permanent but i don't think they let him know either way. Even if he gets unbanned he'll just get banned again after 1 or 2 games.

The exact same thing happened to a friend of mine. Call the Xbox Live support line, they gave my friend the number for Bungie and they straightened everything out for him, I'm sure they'll do the same again.

did he get banned for cheating or something else? does he talk/scream/swear constantly? this can do it too.

[quote name='thagoat']did he get banned for cheating or something else? does he talk/scream/swear constantly? this can do it too.[/QUOTE]

This guy is extremely polite on Live. When his first account got banned we thought it might have been some built up feedback but it happened right after he got the 360. After the 2nd and 3rd account got banned so quickly it has to have something to do with the 360 itself.

i played 2 games on live with my 360 no problem.. but i got owned by buncha 10 year olds...after getting owned soo bad i didnt want to join any more games haha... i freakin suck at 1st person on console....

[quote name='tigerjh81']i played 2 games on live with my 360 no problem.. but i got owned by buncha 10 year olds...after getting owned soo bad i didnt want to join any more games haha... i freakin suck at 1st person on console....[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I'm not alone in the world.

I have banned myself, because the world should not be subjected to sucking on the level I suck.

[quote name='HeadRusch']So I can just log on and start leaving negative feedback just to get people banned?[/QUOTE]

Theoretically, maybe. You start leaving tons of feedback when you haven't before and for every person you play, they're going to know something's up. Plus it takes more than just one person's bad feedback for a player for them to get banned.

Can you leave bad feedback for them for no apparent reason? Yes.

My guess is since the 360 is using an emulator to run H2 some kind of glitch is being picked up as a mod. He should delete all H2 files off the 360 and redownload the emulator.

[quote name='klwillis45']My guess is since the 360 is using an emulator to run H2 some kind of glitch is being picked up as a mod. He should delete all H2 files off the 360 and redownload the emulator.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing and told him to clear his hard drive and redownload everything. He did and it still doesn't work.

[quote name='Pope On A Rope']The exact same thing happened to a friend of mine. Call the Xbox Live support line, they gave my friend the number for Bungie and they straightened everything out for him, I'm sure they'll do the same again.[/QUOTE]

I asked him to make sure to ask for Bungies number but i wasn't sure that they had one. It's good to hear that they fixed it for someone else though, maybe there is hope for my friend. I told him to just keep calling until they finally get annoyed enough and do something about it.

It could be a Quality of Service issue. I've heard people with inconsistent connections can often be flagged for banning as it looks about the same to them as standybying. How is his connection?

[quote name='HeadRusch']So I can just log on and start leaving negative feedback just to get people banned?[/QUOTE]
Heh awesome, we could get a group together and just get tons of people banned. I'm sure we'd be popular >.>

Tired of losing at the game? They must be hacking, report them!

[quote name='mmercer13']I was banned back in August on the regular XBox. I've emailed Bungie, written 2 letters to them and everything just to get some type of an explanation and I've recieved nothing from them at all. So tell him not to bother trying to get in touch with Bungie. XBox Live might be able to help in that they can tell him who banned him. I found out XBox Live didn't ban me and that Bungie did but they couldn't tell me anything other than that. I don't cheat and am really average with my highest ranking being an 18 in Big Team. I think it's shitty if they don't give you an explanation, especially if you're too stupid to cheat like myself.[/QUOTE]

try using the word "lawsuit" in your next e-mail. It might help getting some sort of reply.

[quote name='takingchase']try using the word "lawsuit" in your next e-mail. It might help getting some sort of reply.[/QUOTE]

And they will laugh at you. It may be frustrating what is going on, but you signed their TOS when you signed up for Live, so a lawsuit would not get you anywhere. Just keep trying to talk to Bungie about it because its the only option you have, but threatening them or being rude to them is not going to help your cause when they have all the power on this one.

bread's done
Back