Has anyone gotten their Gamefaqs account hacked?

dpatel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Logged in today to find I was suspended for "censor bypassing". I check which post, specifically, was the cause of this, and apparently someone had gotten on to my account and posted on the "Hellhole" board the word "shaq-fu".

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone before. A little concerning that someone MAY have access to my account. Don't really care about my gamefaqs account, but I have a few other accounts with the same password. Am going to go and change them all right now.

Kind of. Someone must have gotten into my e-mail, and I'm pretty sure I know which board it was from (I went to 4 then, counting GameFAQs and CAG) but in summer 2007, I lost my Yahoo e-mail account, which ended up deleted. My MySpace got deleted; my Facebook was taken over, and vulgarity was posted on that board at which the person got the access, as well as on GameFAQs. My GameFAQs account which I had had since 2000-2001 was banned. The reason that sucks is that I had access to LUE.

Well I just checked, and it looks like whoever had access to my account posted the password in some topic. Definitely couldn't be someone I know, since I don't share that password with anyone.

You dont get your account hacked on sites like that. When shit like that happens someone has gotten ahold of your pass by a keylogger virus o your pc, you have a unsecured network, they found you had it written down in which its someone you know or you just have like password as your password.

To hack your account they would have to actually get into gamefaqs secure servers, decript the shit and then find your password and then decide to single you out of millions of accounts to post a bunch of curse words just so your one account is banned. I doubt that will happen.

bread's done
Back