Has anyone here worked in an office mail room?

Moses144

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
I may be starting this, and from what I'm told it seems like a fine job. Pay isn't bad (for a 21 year old with no bills), benefits, and it seems to be low-stress, low-fucking up prospect. It seems I'll be unloading some trucks, delivering some things to people around the building, and sorting mail in one way or another. I'm fine with this, as I'm able to do monotonous things.

Does anyone have experience with this? Is it an okay job, or is it hell?

It's very very easy. I don't work in the mail room nor do we have one at my company, but I do sort and deliver the mail when necessary.

If your company logs and tracks everything that comes in and out, keep up to date.

However, I'd imagine a "mail room" would get very lonely...

You punch in at 8:30 every morning, except you punch in at 7:30 following a business holiday, unless it's a Monday, then you punch in at 8 o'clock. Punch in late and they dock you. Incoming articles get a voucher, outgoing articles provide a voucher. Move any article without a voucher and they dock you. Letter size a green voucher, oversize a yellow voucher, parcel size a maroon voucher. Wrong color voucher and they dock you! 6787049A/6. That is your employee number. It will not be repeated! Without your employee number you cannot get your paycheck. Inter-office mail is code 37, intra-office mail 37-3, outside mail is 3-37. Code it wrong and they dock you! This has been your orientation. Is there anything you do not understand, is there anything you understand only partially? If you have not been fully oriented, you must file a complaint with personnel. File a faulty complaint and they dock you!

[quote name='emdub']You punch in at 8:30 every morning, except you punch in at 7:30 following a business holiday, unless it's a Monday, then you punch in at 8 o'clock. Punch in late and they dock you. Incoming articles get a voucher, outgoing articles provide a voucher. Move any article without a voucher and they dock you. Letter size a green voucher, oversize a yellow voucher, parcel size a maroon voucher. Wrong color voucher and they dock you! 6787049A/6. That is your employee number. It will not be repeated! Without your employee number you cannot get your paycheck. Inter-office mail is code 37, intra-office mail 37-3, outside mail is 3-37. Code it wrong and they dock you! This has been your orientation. Is there anything you do not understand, is there anything you understand only partially? If you have not been fully oriented, you must file a complaint with personnel. File a faulty complaint and they dock you![/QUOTE]

Nice -- Awesome movie

My best friend made the most of the 8 months he worked there. We once had a conversation about the art of 'looking busy', so the next day he did this experiment at work. He would simply spend a whole 8-hour shift wheeling one of those large canvas containers around the sorting center; just pushing it around and nothing else. Anyone who was in on the joke tried so hard not to laugh, and anyone not in the joke didn't notice he wasn't doing real work.

bread's done
Back