Has anyone imported a New smaller 3DS non-XL?

jkam

CAGiversary!
Feedback
260 (100%)
I've been considering imported a smaller new 3ds but don't know where to start. Has anyone done this? What would be the best version to go with? A Japan model? Pal? Can you only play retail games from that region or can you get eshop games as well? Just curious...thanks in advance. 

All 3ds are region locked. A Japanese one would likely be better over a PAL version as you can access the Japanese eShop which will have tons of stuff likely never to be released else where. Mastercard and Visa should work - might incure fees though.

I won't be surprised if the New 3DS (no XL/LL) is announced for the US around E3.

I think the demand is high enough that they could release the smaller N3DS with the face plates, but they will want to phase out the regular model 3DSs first. Retail shelf space is limited and Nintendo already has several SKUs for the current crop of handhelds with the older and new 3DS models and the 2DS. It's worth getting the XL now though IMO, the larger screen always has been better. The faceplates are nice, but I know in Japan the really cool ones are hard to find and rare already and if you follow Amiibo's at all, no thanks.  

bread's done
Back