Has anyone ordered a hard drive off the Xbox Storage Upgrade website?

V878

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I'm not sure if many people here have done since it only applies to folks with a core or arcade system. If your system qualifies, you can get a 20GB HDD with 3 months of LIVE for $30. Website is here.

I have a few questions for anyone that's done it:

1. How long did it take you to get the hard drive once you placed the order on the site?

2. The site asks for a serial number and console ID. Would I need to take the system online at all to get these numbers? The reason I ask is because I'd rather wait to go online after the hard drive comes in. I'm assuming it'll force me to get NXE download when I'm online and I'd rather install that to the hard drive when I get it.

Appreciate the help. Don't have my 360 yet otherwise I'd just try it myself.

[quote name='niceguyshawne']The serial number and console ID are on the unit. I have a Pro so I can't answer the first question.[/quote]

Console ID IS NOT ON THE UNIT. It can only be accessed in the system settings while the machine is on.

Yes, I got the deal offered by Microsoft. I bought the Arcade Xbox 360 and took advantage of the MS offer you mention.

How long? 2 days. I ordered it on a tuesday and got it on a thursday. I live in Houston, TX and it was shipped from Forth Worth, TX (about 4 hours North of Houston). And it was FREE shipping! That part was awesome.

Where to find serial number and console ID? It tells you exactly where to find it on the website, but the console ID is located under the system info (with the machine powered on but not online).

The weird thing is the drive comes imaged with about 15 game demos from Xbox LIVE Arcade. Nice, but when I looked at available space on the drive it said 12.9GB. I thought, "Those demos seem awfully big!??" When I checked the capacity of the drive it said 13.8GB. Far short of the 20GB capacity.

Taking into account the normal discrepancy between hard drive manufacturers idea of a GB and the actual binary to decimal equivalent of 20GB, I should still see a drive somewhere in the range of 18.5 to 19GB.

What gives???? Did they format it wrong or something?

No, all 20GB drives were like that. They use some of the space for their own usage and you can't touch it.

bread's done
Back