Has anyone played Barnyard for the Wii? Is it worth $25?

BrerDan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi folks. I ran across Barnyard for the Wii the other night for $25 and picked it up on a lark just because I know it will be a while before there are many cheap Wii games and it seemed like it could be fun. The official reviews suggest that it is ok, not great, but not bad.

Just curious what any of you all might think. Have any of you played it? Is it worth $25?

Thanks

Yeah, with the EB 2 for 1 deal, you could at least break even. Play it for a bit and then take it in with a cheap far cry or something to get Paper Mario or Wii Play, or the Godfather or something.

NOt a bad thought...although I wonder how long the 2 for 1 deal will last....cuz I don't have a Wii yet! I've been looking a couple of times every week since launch...but no luck so far.

[quote name='jer7583']Yeah, with the EB 2 for 1 deal, you could at least break even. Play it for a bit and then take it in with a cheap far cry or something to get Paper Mario or Wii Play, or the Godfather or something.[/QUOTE]

It's not bad. If you are looking for kids games (judging from your post you aren't, but I thought i would mention anyways) Spongebob and Chicken Little are much better than Barnyard. For $25 though I don't think you can really go wrong. When you are done with it just toss it on ebay and you probably are out no more than the cost of a rental at most.

[quote name='dallow']I'd take it back, and get Super Paper Mario.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

One awesome game for $50 is better than shitty ones at $25, espicially Barnyard. There is a reason it is so cheap.

i picked it up at target on clearance for $13 last week...

the reviews are correct. it's not spectacular, but it's much better than most of the junk games that are based on movies. it's a kid-friendly GTA, like simpsons hit and run... your cow runs around the farm and takes on missions and little minigames for the other animals. you collect coins to buy items for the farm's nightclub... it lasts a lot longer than i thought it would, but that's not really a good thing... most of the tasks are the same, or similar, and it eventually gets repetitive. but you can invest a lot of time in it before you reach that point.

worth $25...? debatable. honestly, that's probably about the right price for it, but this IS cheapassgamer, and people here would probably be let down. but for a more casual gamer, a kid, or someone just looking to get more playtime on their wii (you?), it's not awful.

Thanks to all for the replies!

Ooh! I wish I had found it at that $13 price....I think for me that would be just about right! At this point, I think I am going to return it. $25 isn't pricey, but it ain't cheap either.

Thanks for all the input!!

Dan

I try ;)

I still have my receipt and I have to return some other stuff anyway, so it will be easy and painless.

But, yeah, I'm amazingly cheap! If I ever find a Wii, it will be the first console I have every purchased at launch window. In fact, all my others have been used!

[quote name='JoeTheZombie']Cheap ass....

:bow:[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back