Has anyone received the Saints Row The Third CE? Also the Hell with Futureshop.

kathos

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Futureshop just keeps sending me canned replies when I ask the where the fuck my CE is. Then they keep linking me to their website to preorder more. fuck that place any preorder I've gotten from FS have either been missing things (steelbook for example, no rectifying is planned on their end) or come in way late (it took me a week to get Batman). Also they've cancelled two orders because "supplier" issues and not their own brain-dead management overselling.

The only reason I didn't preorder with EB is because they were full up a few months ago and Amazon.ca isn't carrying it.

Also how is the Saints Row The Third headset?

They cancelled my SSX pre-order due to their own mistake and via email they refused to do anything about it and blamed the publisher but when I called on the phone they fixed it immediately.

the headset is not for your console, its for your mp3 player/ ipod or whatnot. Check in with your local EB's to see if anyone cancelled their pre-order. I know the local store in kitchener ontario (sportsworld location) had 2 cancelled and still has 1 for each system available for purchase

I picked up my copy from GameStop, loving the game. Headphones are pretty good, they work. Oh, you will need 2 AAA batteries, remember that. ;) That Zimos auto-tuning was a lot of fun to play with, personally. ^_^ As just headphones, I think they work just fine, considering they were $40.

[quote name='Booyakz']... Oh, you will need 2 AAA batteries...[/QUOTE]

Godammit, two batteries? Gotta go buy batteries now :l.

fuck I actually preordered from EB 7-8 months ago, but they didn't have the CE then, then I went to EB again and they were sold out ):< so I went to Futureshop. I'm getting cornholed all over the place.

The reason for that is FS may have expected to be getting some in but didn't realize just how limited these were, Canada for EBGames/Gamestop cut off the CE pre orders way in advance(as my store was only allowed to take 1) and FS maybe didn't see that and figured they were gonna get a few in anyways.

If anyone is looking for the PS3 CE, check the Wal Mart on Hwy 7 & Jane.
For the 360 version, check the Wal Mart on Hwy 7 & Airport Road. These two locations are outside Toronto.

The battery issue did suck, who stocks AAA bstteries anymore? :S I searched the entire house for a device that uses them and found nothing. >.<

I'm not so sure about the pre-order issue, I do know that when I went to pick mine up (relatively early), there was only one CE behind the counter. Why would they limit stores to a single CE? :S

[quote name='Booyakz']The battery issue did suck, who stocks AAA bstteries anymore? :S I searched the entire house for a device that uses them and found nothing. >.

Update on the headphones, they ate the batteries. -.- I forgot them on for an hour and when I got back they were dead! I only started using them yesterday, so figure it took maybe 8 hours? Is that normal for AAA batteries? :S

I think I'll try to find some rechargable AAA batteries.

Oh, and indeed, To Hell with FutureShop. They're always letting us down. -.- Plus I've always hated that the "Product Experts" are commision-compensated...

[quote name='Booyakz']Update on the headphones, they ate the batteries. -.- I forgot them on for an hour and when I got back they were dead! I only started using them yesterday, so figure it took maybe 8 hours? Is that normal for AAA batteries? :S

I think I'll try to find some rechargable AAA batteries.

Oh, and indeed, To Hell with FutureShop. They're always letting us down. -.- Plus I've always hated that the "Product Experts" are commision-compensated...[/QUOTE]

Yeah the only thing their commission employees are experts in is lying. Their gaming employees don't work on commission (unless you get warranty) so they're pretty on the ball.

I think I'm just gonna re-seal my Saints Row 3 and return the damn thing. The headphones look cheap and if they don't last very long then fuck it. I haven't used the co-op/Genki codes so bully for the next guy that buys it.

bread's done
Back