Has anyone seen Christmas with the Kranks? Is it worth watching?

Kinda figured.... It's just that I am on a Home Improvement kick right now with the first season now being on DVD. That was one of my favorite shows back in the day and I just thought that maybe Tim could save this movie. Not that he saved any of his other movies. O well

[quote name='y2jrevolution']Kinda figured.... It's just that I am on a Home Improvement kick right now with the first season now being on DVD. That was one of my favorite shows back in the day and I just thought that maybe Tim could save this movie. Not that he saved any of his other movies. O well[/quote]
The Santa Clause still makes me laugh. "I'm freezing my nubs off out here." but Santa Clause 2, we won't talk about that one.

I always had a problem with that show, mainly because it replaced a showing of the Simpsons on my local channel, knocking down the acceptable airing of four episodes a day down to a miniscule three. Seriously though, I just couldn't get past how nearly each episode folllowed the same pattern throughout the entire run of that series. Basically, someone does something stupid which hurts someone else, causing them to talk to the guy next door, resolving everything by the end of the episode.

[quote name='heffaji']I always had a problem with that show, mainly because it replaced a showing of the Simpsons on my local channel, knocking down the acceptable airing of four episodes a day down to a miniscule three. Seriously though, I just couldn't get past how nearly each episode folllowed the same pattern throughout the entire run of that series. Basically, someone does something stupid which hurts someone else, causing them to talk to the guy next door, resolving everything by the end of the episode.[/quote]

i guess wat saved it was the hot co-stars on TOOL TIME..i think they had some baywatch girl on it once..but then again..the show was kinda sucky :whistle2:\

i guess wat saved it was the hot co-stars on TOOL TIME..i think they had some baywatch girl on it once..but then again..the show was kinda sucky :whistle2:\

There's nothing wrong with some eye candy, but nothing you couldn't find elsewhere.

[quote name='Medium_Pimpin']Tim allen has never been in a good movie besides that santa clause.[/quote]Big Trouble wa a great movie I watch it every now and then a still laugh my ass off. If you have not seen it go to Blockbuster now and rent it!

[quote name='spoo']http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/christmas_with_the_kranks/

Hmmm[/quote]

:rofl:

Damn, it went down even MORE then last time I checked...

[quote name='greydemise'][quote name='heffaji']I always had a problem with that show, mainly because it replaced a showing of the Simpsons on my local channel, knocking down the acceptable airing of four episodes a day down to a miniscule three. Seriously though, I just couldn't get past how nearly each episode folllowed the same pattern throughout the entire run of that series. Basically, someone does something stupid which hurts someone else, causing them to talk to the guy next door, resolving everything by the end of the episode.[/quote]

i guess wat saved it was the hot co-stars on TOOL TIME..i think they had some baywatch girl on it once..but then again..the show was kinda sucky :whistle2:\[/quote]
PAMELA ANDERSON Pamela Anderson was the first Tool Time hottie before she went 100% skank.

Oh yeah, if you want another movie suggestion, see Finding Neverland. Especially if you like good performances, Johnny Depp, Peter Pan and theatrical sort of elements all spiced together. It's a pretty artsy film. The kid is good in it as well... and I think it's getting better reviews then christmas with the kranks ;).

I've only heard that national treasure and incredibles are good too... so there you go?

I'd take a pass on seeing if I were you. If you're pressed to watch a Christmas movie for some reason, I suggest Polar Express. While it wasn't great by any means, it was half-way decent and a hell of alot better than Christmas with the Kranks IMO. Either read the book instead, watch Polar Express, or even better, go rent Elf.

As for the other film recommendations from DZ, I must say I did get to see Finding Neverland today, and even though I'm usually not a big fan of that kind of genre, I thought it was brillant.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']I'd take a pass on seeing if I were you. If you're pressed to watch a Christmas movie for some reason, I suggest Polar Express. While it wasn't great by any means, it was half-way decent and a hell of alot better than Christmas with the Kranks IMO. Either read the book instead, watch Polar Express, or even better, go rent Elf.

As for the other film recommendations from DZ, I must say I did get to see Finding Neverland today, and even though I'm usually not a big fan of that kind of genre, I thought it was brillant.[/quote]

I'd second Polar Express... but don't take your kids to it :p. There are so many mind-boggling rollercoaster scenes that, while fun, may be too much for the little ones. You don't want to expose them to forms of acid trips too early ;).

In all seriousness though, it was alright, the rollercoaster rides made it a bit more fun to me. And even though I haven't seen CWTK, I'm guessing that PE is indeed better.

[quote name='x0thedeadzone0x']Oh yeah, if you want another movie suggestion, see Finding Neverland. Especially if you like good performances, Johnny Depp, Peter Pan and theatrical sort of elements all spiced together. It's a pretty artsy film. The kid is good in it as well... and I think it's getting better reviews then christmas with the kranks ;).

I've only heard that national treasure and incredibles are good too... so there you go?[/quote]

mmm...Johnny Depp..... :lol:

[quote name='6669'][quote name='x0thedeadzone0x']Oh yeah, if you want another movie suggestion, see Finding Neverland. Especially if you like good performances, Johnny Depp, Peter Pan and theatrical sort of elements all spiced together. It's a pretty artsy film. The kid is good in it as well... and I think it's getting better reviews then christmas with the kranks ;).

I've only heard that national treasure and incredibles are good too... so there you go?[/quote]

mmm...Johnny Depp..... :lol:[/quote]

:rofl: ;) :lol:

I saw this stupid promotional preview they do at my theater called the 2wenty and they talk about movies up close, this was one of them. Let's just say that it didn't look very good o_O.

Seriously, go see finding neverland if you've got any respect for artsy films whatsoever, or if like Duo said you're just dying to see a christmas film see Polar express.

bread's done
Back