Has anyone tried D-skin on there games?

Odenat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
I just saw a commercial for d-skins and was curious if anyone has purchashed them and tried them on any gaming systems. It looks like a pretty good idea but I would like to hear from people who have actually tried them

It is some clear sticker you apply to CDs to keep them from scratching. I think.

On some webpage somebody called them "condoms for compact discs".

These things have the most hysterical marketing ever. They're the 'righteous' disc protectors that protect your discs from 'the cruel reality of scratches'.

If they work with DVDs they would be worth it for kid vid -- I can't tell you how badly my kids trash their DVDs despite my best efforts.

[quote name='donssword']If they work with DVDs they would be worth it for kid vid -- I can't tell you how badly my kids trash their DVDs despite my best efforts.[/quote]

If DVD's are the same size as PS2/Xbox games, why wouldn't it work?

They work fine, but you CANNOT use them on front feeding machines (Ie A Car Stereo, something without a tray). And yes, led, I too feel the pain from their marketing. It's not NEARLY as hilarious as the "Blow Off" products though.........some of you must know what I'm tlkaing about. It's canned air, called blow-Off....and.....man, we used to stock it at gamestop, but I just recently discovered their other HILARIOUS product names/images. I have a shipping box with ALL of the following images on it:

http://www.blowoff.com/products/products.htm

Prepare for terrible marketing hilarity.

Reality's Fringe said:
They work fine, but you CANNOT use them on front feeding machines (Ie A Car Stereo, something without a tray). And yes, led, I too feel the pain from their marketing.
Im supprised. I keep on seeing that comerical for with the truckdriver.

I decided to bump this old ass thread instead of making a new one. Has anyone used these? Do they really keep discs from getting scratched? Are they worth the money? I may have to pick some up....

I got a good deal on these a while ago, $20 for a 50 pack. I use them on all my rare games. Some of the older Xboxes will have trouble reading the disc through the protector, two of my old ones can't read them at all. My new one can, no problem. They work very well but the price is insane, look for a good deal before you buy any.

My old Xbox couldn't read through them, it usually gave me a DDE. Hmm, I'll have to try them on the new 'box.

They work fine for DVDs as well. A buddy of mine loaned me a movie and I didn't have any problems with it.

I have like 30 something D-skins, they slow down my boot time on games, but if keeps my games running longer, i usually take the skins off when im playing the actual game

bread's done
Back