Has Gamestop stopped giving out cases for used games?

hinkbert

CAGiversary!
I was going to buy a used version of Kartia I found at a Gamestop today and when I brought the case up to the guy he got the cd, rang me up, gave me the cd but left out the case, the one I had brought up. So I ask him if I get the case and he tells me they are only for display purposes, WTF! I mean if the game is used, why would they need to have a display case. So I got my money refunded. To clarify the case was the actual, original game case with original manual and everything, not just some generic cd case with a piece paper with Kartia written on it. So has the happened to anyone else and has Gamestop changed it policy or something?

It sounds like he wanted it for himself. If the store doesn't sell the thing, together with the game disc or separately, they wouldn't need it for anything, and wouldn't have a reason to keep it.

Maybe he has a copy of the game without the instructions, or sells them on ebay... I always wondered where those ebay people got hundreds of boxes + instructions, and it looks like now we know.

Well I figured that either the guy was stupid or just trying to keep the case for himself, so it's good to know that they didn't change their policy for some stupid reason.

They might have had another copy. I bought some used games during the last B2G1 deal, and the guy at the register asked if it was ok to give me a plain box instead of the real thing because they still had another copy.

You should've asked if they had another copy. If not, he's BSing you about keeping the case. Either way, you should get the case when you buy the game.

Yeah, he wasn't even giving me any sort of case at all. Everytime I've got a used game at Gamestop they always give you some kind of case, instead he was trying to give me the game in one of those old Funcoland sleeves they keep the cds in. I think out of everytime I've gone to Gamestop I have never got the game in one of those sleeves, they seem to be pretty patricular about keeping them for some reason. In any case I'm sure he was just to dumb to realize that you're supposed to give the case to the customer when a game is used.

you should just tell him to get to writing up a new case.

my gstop has a bunch of their stupid blue label handwritten cases.

Idf that doesn't work, knock something on the desk over

In any case, you guys need to stop with the EB leg humping, they are a much worse store than gamestop, and your leg humping disgusts me. Gamestop usually doesn't screw you over on everything, takes somewhat good care of their games (EB takes horrible care of game cases), and gamestop generally charges less for games, something you idiots deny all the time. EB IS A HORERIBLE GAME CHAIN, ADMIT IT!!!

[quote name='hinkbert']I was going to buy a used version of Kartia I found at a Gamestop today and when I brought the case up to the guy he got the cd, rang me up, gave me the cd but left out the case, the one I had brought up. So I ask him if I get the case and he tells me they are only for display purposes, WTF! I mean if the game is used, why would they need to have a display case. So I got my money refunded. To clarify the case was the actual, original game case with original manual and everything, not just some generic cd case with a piece paper with Kartia written on it. So has the happened to anyone else and has Gamestop changed it policy or something?[/quote]

Next time, call the Gamestop cust. service # on the back of the receipt and speak to an operator about 'A store issue' (it should still be an option). Tell them what's going on and hand the phone to the cashier, you should get immediate results. Worked for me when a store employee was 'holding' a copy of valkyrie profile for a future purchase of his own...

bread's done
Back