Has the craving for Egg Nog hit you yet?

evilmax17

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Once October hits, I get an insatiable craving for Egg Nog. It's like clockwork every year, and luckily it starts to appear in stores not long after. I would kill for a nice tall glass of it right now.

How about you? Has the turning of the seasons struck your Noggy chord yet?

ph_OdEn.jpg

I voted the waiting one. My mom used to always add milk to our egg nog. I guess so it wouldn't be so rich, and so it would last longer. I don't like spirits with my nog, though. I'm a beer man, through and through. The only time I'll drink hard liquor is when it is offered to me as a friendly gesture. But that, my friends, is for another thread.

Edit: I see all the apple cider people on here. I sort of like apple juice. HOT apple cider? No thanks. I don't know why.

[quote name='MidnightRain']I'm allergic to eggs, so, no. ;) Apple cider, on the other hand, is a completely different story.[/quote]I'm not allergic to eggs or anything, but I just hate eggnog.
I am quite partial to apple cider though:D

I really need to try some apple cider. Eggnog is OK, but I rarely drink it. Maybe once every few years.

Also, I abstain from sugar and sweets and crap like that. However, come Christmastime (and Thanksgiving to a smaller extent), all bets are off. :D

Saucy Jack, do you mean to say you've never had apple cider??

No egg nog for me... I stopped drinking it years ago. I just do the bourbon and/or rum straight these days.

[quote name='Scobie']Saucy Jack, do you mean to say you've never had apple cider??

No egg nog for me... I stopped drinking it years ago. I just do the bourbon and/or rum straight these days.[/QUOTE]

I've never had apple cider, unfortunately.

Yeah, it just hit me a couple of days ago. I'm a Vanilla Egg Nog person though, tastes just like a milk shake (mmm). The urge doesn't really hit me until I have that first glass. Then after that, it becomes an addiction again.

Seek some out this fall/winter. You'll thank us later. :D

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I've never had apple cider, unfortunately.[/quote]

[quote name='MidnightRain']Seek some out this fall/winter. You'll thank us later. :D[/QUOTE]

And it's best to drink it hot? And what's the best way of heating it?

I prefer a nice donut and (cold) apple cider throughout September and October. But once November hits, lactose intolerance be damned! Egg nog all the way :)

[quote name='Saucy Jack']And it's best to drink it hot? And what's the best way of heating it?[/QUOTE]

In a pot on a stove... don't microwave... I'm not a huge fan of it hot, though... I'm a cold cider kinda guy. You may also be interested to toss in a cinnamon stick while heating the cider if you're into that sort of thing.

Edit: Also, try to get your cider from a local orchard if at all possible. The stuff in grocery stores (unless it's local) tends to be weak.

Egg Nog.........sounds goooood so does apple cider but i aint buyin it till the season has come.

I like it but haven't gotten any withdrawals from it so far this year. Weird, the poll is tied 3 ways with all the choices at 23 votes.

Definitely don't microwave it. The flavor's better if you heat it on the stove. I also second the cinnamon stick suggestion; very tasty.

I'll drink it either cold or hot -- depends on the situation. A couple years ago I was meandering around Valley Forge National Park in mid-November and it was freezing. I jogged over to the gift shop to warm up, and they were giving out free hot apple cider. I was never so grateful for a warm drink in all my life!

[quote name='Scobie']In a pot on a stove... don't microwave... I'm not a huge fan of it hot, though... I'm a cold cider kinda guy. You may also be interested to toss in a cinnamon stick while heating the cider if you're into that sort of thing.

Edit: Also, try to get your cider from a local orchard if at all possible. The stuff in grocery stores (unless it's local) tends to be weak.[/quote]

I'm been itching for some nog lately. I like to put a litte spiced rum in it, warm it up and sprinkle with cinnamon ... mmmmmm

IT HAS BEGUN!

Just got back from the supermarket, and bought 2 new Limited Edition flavors from Hood!

Pumpkin Egg Nog - Oh my god, it's shockingly delicious. It's like drinking a liquified pumpkin pie. Definately worth buying on a regular basis.

Cinamon Egg Nog - Kind of disappointing. It tastes like Egg Nog with too much cinamon in it basically. Kind of off-putting.

Hopefully Pumpkin becomes a regular flavor, just like Vanilla did.

Nog on!

Pumpkin%20Eggnog.jpg
Cinnamon%20Eggnog.jpg

I don't really like it, but that pumpkin one is tempting as I am addicted to pumpkin.

I am however craving this apple cider drink that the Coffee Beanery makes, its got like... Whipped cream, and pieces of butterfinger or something on the top. It figures that the only local coffee beanery closed last month. I might have to try the starbucks caramel apple cider.
I prefer hot cider over cold. If it's cold, I prefer apple juice.

bread's done
Back