Has the Oldboy tin gone out of print?

hiccupleftovers

CAGiversary!
I remember not picking this up at the last DDD sale because A) they were out of it, B) I wasn't expecting it to be apart of the sale, and C) I kind of had to cut my spending at that point. Right now, though, I'm looking for it and haven't been able to find it anywhere.

i picked my copy up on the last day of the DDD sale, so, i guess it went in and out of stock during the sale....

as for it being OOP, www.dvdaficionado.com does not list it as being OOP, and they are usually pretty good about things like that, so im assuming it is still in print, just hard to find.....

[quote name='tholly']i picked my copy up on the last day of the DDD sale, so, i guess it went in and out of stock during the sale....

as for it being OOP, www.dvdaficionado.com does not list it as being OOP, and they are usually pretty good about things like that, so im assuming it is still in print, just hard to find.....[/quote]

On DD/DDD it says discontinued som i'm not really sure who to believe.

[quote name='Josef368']I work at BestBuy and we sent it back a month ago. It just says deleted in the computer.[/QUOTE]

i didnt know HBK works at BESTBUY

It's coming up as in stock at all my local bordersstores. Granted, it's really only worth buying dvds at borders when you have a 40% off coupon. But it's definitely not OOS everywhere.

in any event, i forgot to say when i posted above: "Buy this movie." It is an amazing foreign flick....I know most people have a hard time getting past subtitles, but if you can, you will absolutely love this movie....

bestbuy.com has it. WHats the average price for the set? ive been looking at this movie for a while..didnt know about the fancy set.

[quote name='rokkon']It's coming up as in stock at all my local bordersstores. Granted, it's really only worth buying dvds at borders when you have a 40% off coupon. But it's definitely not OOS everywhere.[/quote]

Well, it is showing up in stock at BB for $35 so I may try there with some coupon. Still, if not then Borders was going to be my Plan B of all places. They always carry DVDs longer than anyone else, though will pay a slight markup then usual, it's still bettre than paying $100 for it through Amazon Marketplace.

I saw a copy of this at an FYE I was at the other day. I didn't know it was that hard to find. I may have to go back this weekend and pick it up. It's a great film, too.

[quote name='starmask2k3']i didnt know HBK works at BESTBUY[/quote]
HOLY SHIT! Pharrel from NERD is a Cheap Ass Gamer! I love that song you made for strippers about lap dances!

[quote name='tholly']in any event, i forgot to say when i posted above: "Buy this movie." It is an amazing foreign flick....I know most people have a hard time getting past subtitles, but if you can, you will absolutely love this movie....[/quote]

God yes. It is so awesome.

It's a damn good movie and the only other dvd I've paid more than $20 for other than the Criterion Fear and Lothing. Very good extra discs.

[quote name='qpid']http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.php?p=5566731&postcount=75

Now this is a great copy of Oldboy!!

sigh...[/quote]
They go for a few hundred on ebay, a bit to much for me to spend on a dvd title, but hey.

So has Tartan ever released how they decided to come up with the design for the tin?

band_of_brothers_dvdr1.jpg

5784329.jpg

As for finding the tin, its easily available online for around $23-26 shipped. FYE/Suncoast/Sam Goody/Wherehouse have it for as low as $12 if you dont mind doing some flipping.

[quote name='exRounder']Do people really find it that hard to get past subs?[/QUOTE]

yea...some people really do....(generally people that are more into hollywood trash than something good....)

but, i think the absolute worst is dubbing......dubbing really detracts from a movie....

got it at bestbuy today instore for 29.99... i looked for it a couple days ago didnt see it..of course i didnt know of the tin until 2 days ago.

[quote name='exRounder']Do people really find it that hard to get past subs?[/quote]

I HAVE to watch live-action subbed. Anime, I REALLY prefer if it's dubbed.

fuck! i knew i should of picked this up last DDD sale! i thought i could wait till next sale. i tried to see if any were in stock at my local BB, but every-time i check, it just gos to BB's home page.

thanks OP. i had been too lazy to pick this up. i finally got off my butt to get one now that it might be hard to find. had to pay $40 though.

Went to CD Universe last night and the product page said they had 2 left so I went ahead and snatched them up. The next day I get an email from them sayign they are backordered. Oh well. Hopefully they will get some more in soon.

[quote name='Bezerker']If anyone's looking to buy online, DDD has it for $26.03 shipped.

http://dvdpricesearch.com/cgi-bin/goto?st=deepdiscountdvd&ty=title&id=5784329

Or $23.82 shipped @ Buy.com after GCO (use the special Buy.com GCO link in the VG GCO thread)

http://dvdpricesearch.com/cgi-bin/goto?st=buyvideos&ty=title&id=202988267[/quote]

hmm.. i don't see a "buy now" button like i do for other dvds at ddd. its "on order" at buy.com. maybe i'll just pick it up from buy.com when its available and return the full price one at borders. thanks for the heads up.

I really hope Tartan decides to release a US version of the fancy Vengeance Trilogy boxed set. I've been on the fence about importing the UK box for about $100.

I just saw a copy of this tin at my local Circuit City yesterday for $29.99, so if you have a Circuit City near you, try looking there. I saw it located in the horror section.

I just picked this up today. They had to go to the back because they were about to send it back after pulling it. I wouldn't be surprised if this starts to get pulled everywhere real soon (my BB said they did a couple weeks ago). The price on Ebay's starting to shoot up to the $60s. On Amazon marketplace it starts at $60 and then shoots up to the $100s. buy.com still has some in if people want to try there with GCO. Mine came upto $30 with a coupon at Border's.

Are the extras included in the 3-Disc CE really that good? I borrowed the DVD from the library to see if I'd like the movie, and if the extras are worth the extra cost, I'll probably look through my local Borders and Barnes and Nobles to see if any of them have it.

[quote name='Bezerker']If anyone's looking to buy online, DDD has it for $26.03 shipped.

http://dvdpricesearch.com/cgi-bin/goto?st=deepdiscountdvd&ty=title&id=5784329

Or $23.82 shipped @ Buy.com after GCO (use the special Buy.com GCO link in the VG GCO thread)

http://dvdpricesearch.com/cgi-bin/goto?st=buyvideos&ty=title&id=202988267[/quote]

I just noticed this, but how'd you find the Oldboy tin on DDD? I searched through DVDAF and through DD's normal search function and it never came up just the regular version.

If anyone is in San Francisco, Virgin Records had one left about a week ago. I'm not sure if there's another one in San Francisco but for the record it was on Market Street.

I didn't realise there were this many old boy fans. I buy every copy I can find, me and my boss at work figure out which stores have them in stock localy (detroit) and buy them for friends, family, etc... as of right now the Troy, MI Somerset FYE has 3 copies of Old Boy, and two copies of the other two movies in the revenge trilogy.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I guess this thread or another one gave you incentive to pick this movie up.:lol:[/quote]Yeah. Truth be told, I really liked the movie, but it's not something that I needed to get right away. I always meant to grab the tin, so when it went OOP, it became a high priority. I'm glad I've got it now, if only because I'm a collector/whore. :cool:

[quote name='modium']Yeah. Truth be told, I really liked the movie, but it's not something that I needed to get right away. I always meant to grab the tin, so when it went OOP, it became a high priority. I'm glad I've got it now, if only because I'm a collector/whore. :cool:[/quote]

Same here. I was looking it up on the net, when I suddenly saw that a bunch of online retailers were out of it and a bunch of stores in my area stopped carrying it. What I had hoped to nab at the next DDD sale became grab now.

Well it doesn't look like I'll ever get my order from Amazon, would anyone happen to know a good place I can still find these for a decent price?

bread's done
Back