Has this happened to you?

HACBassoon

CAG Veteran
Feedback
2 (100%)
Well, I sold my PS2 on half.com yesterday, and I mailed it earlier today. I get an email this afternoon saying that the buyer has been suspended because of incorrect funds or something, and to not send it... but... I already did. Am I screwed? Or could it just be a mixup...?:cry:

Nope, money was never transfered. Supposedly, according to Half.com, the seller doesn't get the money until the 15th or 1st of the month... ugh. Shoulda just gone to EB and get ra^)8ed out of my stuff, better than stolen.:cry: And to think, I threw in a couple of games out of the goodness of... eh.

If you mailed it earlier today, I'd contact USPS (or whichever shipping service you used). Obviously it won't reach the buyer until a few days from now so maybe you can get it back.

[quote name='Kendro']If you mailed it earlier today, I'd contact USPS (or whichever shipping service you used). Obviously it won't reach the buyer until a few days from now so maybe you can get it back.[/quote]

QFT.

[quote name='magiic']Ya if he keeps it technically it's stealing right?[/quote]

Yes, he never paid for it and the seller didn't give it as a gift.

I second the calling USPS and telling them to send the package back to you, if it hasn't been delivered. Of course, you'll be losing some money, but at least you'd be getting your stuff back.

I have never used half.com before, so forgive me if this comes of stupid. Why would you ship before you have the money? Does it not work like ebay, where they pay through paypal?

[quote name='schuerm26']I have never used half.com before, so forgive me if this comes of stupid. Why would you ship before you have the money? Does it not work like ebay, where they pay through paypal?[/QUOTE]

I doesn't sound stupid at all, infact I was gonna ask the same thing. How did he try to send they money? Paypal, Money Order, Check? Was their some confirmation that the money was recived, or else why would you ship already?

Half.com works completely differently than ebay. The buyer pays half.com the price that you charge, plus shipping. Half.com takes a commission, gives a small shipping reimbursement, and pays the sellers the total amount for everything that they've sold twice a month directly to their bank accounts.

You can't send after getting paid because of that system and the fact that you're required to ship within like 3 days of purchase.

[quote name='SpazX']Half.com works completely differently than ebay. The buyer pays half.com the price that you charge, plus shipping. Half.com takes a commission, gives a small shipping reimbursement, and pays the sellers the total amount for everything that they've sold twice a month directly to their bank accounts.

You can't send after getting paid because of that system and the fact that you're required to ship within like 3 days of purchase.[/QUOTE]
Well then isn't it Half.com's responsibility to pay the OP, even if the buyer scammed them?

[quote name='PyroGamer']Well then isn't it Half.com's responsibility to pay the OP, even if the buyer scammed them?[/quote]

Yeah, it should be, since they told him the buyer had paid. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried their best to get out of it though, half.com doesn't have the best customer service or anything.

Thanks for clearing that up SpazX. So what's the benifit of using Half.com over eBay? With the way you described it I don't feel very compelled to use it. Paypal seems more secure than having a middle man with poor customer service.

It happened to me. Paypal was holding my funds I received from the trascation. ($50). It took them 2 weeks to fix it and then funds were reversed(He got the money back). Sucks beacuse I wasted my time waiting to see if I will get them back. Gladly I didnt ship

Thanks guys for all the insight. Any idea on how to get in touch with someone at Half.com, or did you just wait and they contacted you about refunding you. I havn't heard anything since they told me not to send it...
I'm pretty bummed, and will be bitter towards half.com if this works out to where i just lost a ps2, but i'm glad it wasn't something like a ps3 or something. Bad timing I suppose, because I just got screwed over by UPS's "insurance" claims on a car wheel shipment. Bad month...:cry:

bread's done
Back