Hastings 30% off Used sale Again!

alissima

CAGiversary!
Sorry if this topic was already started, i couldn't find it anywhere. Hastings just e-mailed me their current promotions.

http://www.gohastings.com/

30% off used games, dvds
20% blu-rays
10% off new games and movies...
and this is a new one, that i LOVE
20% action figures!! and music :)

Promo Code : HOLIDAY

**edited to reflect extended time of sale** valid from 12/6/2009 to 12/19/2009 Central Standard Time

Last edited by a moderator:
I love hastings, I'm not sure if it was a error or just a great deal but a few
days after black friday i bought the rock band 2 bundle for the 360 for $20.
at the time i assumed it was a error and figured that they would send me the
game only which is what I was looking for anyway.
when I finally got it in the mail they had the price back up to $99.

I've recieved Final Fantasy 4 DS, Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles PSP, Riviera the Promised Land PSP, and Rhapsody a Musical Adventure DS, all working and came with their boxes and manuals and stuff. Very pleased first time user of hastings.com. Good deal.

Well I got 4 games out of 6 today which I had ordered back on the 10th. Hastings lists my order as completely shipped so I'll probably get the other 2 games tomorrow or so. Not to bad of a turnaround time to get them to me. Each game arrived in its own paper packaging which is a little odd but someone had mentioned used games are shipped from whichever store happens to have them. The games were all complete and in excellent condition. Pretty good deal for 30% off.

[quote name='Morphx2']My Ratchet Tools of Destruction came today...but no manual. I emailed them saying I was disappointed[/QUOTE]

I must have got your RNC TOD, it was mint with everthing. Do you guys think they open new ones and sell them used just to get rid of some
when I got my MNC CE it was in awesome condition like never used and this one you cant even find used because so new.

Question for any of you that made a purchase with standard shipping. Did you receive any sort of tracking number at all? My first purchase was made on December 9th and all I've received was a shipping confirmation the following day. Customer service still hasn't replied to the e-mail I sent on the 10th about tracking numbers.

[quote name='spyhunterk19']2 days and no reply from gohastings service....anyone else have a problem?[/QUOTE]

They never emailed me back and it was a week ago. Just call, its easier

[quote name='sokari']Question for any of you that made a purchase with standard shipping. Did you receive any sort of tracking number at all? My first purchase was made on December 9th and all I've received was a shipping confirmation the following day. Customer service still hasn't replied to the e-mail I sent on the 10th about tracking numbers.[/QUOTE]

I also made a purchase on the 9th, I just received them yesterday, and today. (I purchased 3 books)

There are no tracking numbers at all, it does take a while it seems.

Anyone have a problem placing an order on their website? I clicked "Place Order" twice and both times it said "Check for errors highlighted in red", but there wasn't anything that was highlighted. Now, I have 2 pending payments on my debit card of $35. I hope those payments will be removed.

[quote name='Megiddo_CAG']I also made a purchase on the 9th, I just received them yesterday, and today. (I purchased 3 books)

There are no tracking numbers at all, it does take a while it seems.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I finally decided to call yesterday and the CSR said that there are no tracking numbers for purchases under $40. Oh well, all the more hell for them to pay if something goes wrong with any of my three purchases ;)

I just got my two games(inFamous/Sacred 2) I ordered from them on the 11th today and both are mint/complete aside from a little leftover sticker on inFamous and some dust/fingerprints on both game discs they're both perfect.

I would definitely order from them again.

Almost all of my orders have shipped, so I'm waiting to see 5 or 6 bubble mailers sitting in my mailbox tomorrow or Saturday. So far the three games I've received have been in excellent condition. I hope that continues.

i just started receiving stuff from my most recent order... i've never gotten tracking from them, but also never had problems receiving my stuff. this order is mostly books, which i've never purchased from them, so i'm interested in seeing the condition they show up in. first one resembles a library used copy but without stickers. definitely not bad for the 50 cents plus shipping.

Last Saturday, I ordered five games and a dvd with expedited shipping (wanted to have them here for Christmas). Two showed up yesterday and two today. I imagine the last two will be tomorrow. The crazy thing is each package is being shipping priority. Six packages at $4.95 each is more than my entire order, including shipping.

some of my older games arrived scratched to hell and don't play on my ps3.

i called cust. service and i got a cutie with a sweet Texas voice on the end. I was able to get a refund on the games that didn't work. They have great cust. service.

[quote name='thelonepig']Last Saturday, I ordered five games and a dvd with expedited shipping (wanted to have them here for Christmas). Two showed up yesterday and two today. I imagine the last two will be tomorrow. The crazy thing is each package is being shipping priority. Six packages at $4.95 each is more than my entire order, including shipping.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Unless they pay Gamestop prices to the people who traded/sold those items to them they're probably close to losing money on the shipping alone.

Both of my games arrived in seperate mailers today and the total on shipping was $3.46 total, not including the mailers. Funny thing is, they both shipped from Amarillo in Texas, so you would think someone would've combine the shipping/package and just use ONE mailer.

Mind you, I'm still not complaining, since these games are 1000% better than most of the stuff from Gamestop, even when you go in-store and nitpick over 10 copies of a game to pick out the best one during a decent sale.

Yeah, it seems that they ship every single item separately. I ordered 3 games, and they shipped them all separately. One of the game was not what I ordered, so I got a refund and got to keep the wrong game.

The HOLIDAY coupon code also qualifies for BOOKS too.

I just did a search for the Uncharted 2 guide, which hasn't dropped to a penny anywhere as of yet. It's like $7 before shipping, which is a much more tolerable amount than $20, right?

Just got twilight princess on the wii from them. A) Case was destroyed, had soo many sticker son it and ripped plastic, but i just figured ok i'll buy another case somewhere o rmake one. Well when I went to play the game I get a disc error telling me to eject the disc turn off machine go to manual. Its told me that 30 times in arow. I try my other games and not a problem.

How are they on refunds or same item replacement?

The person I talked to for customer service was very easy going. I didn't have to argue and it only took a minute. My refund didn't show up on my bank's account web page until ~4 days though.

Bought MGS3 Substance and Xenosages Episode 1 Der Wille Zur Macht. Both are in great condition and came with manual.

inFamous came in great condition... except I also got a copy from Amazon for the same price (about $25) during the lightning deals event as a safeguard. Guess I'll use the Amazon version as a Christmas present, heh.

Everything else was great and with the manuals too -Final Fantasy Tactics A2, Uncharted (non GH version too, woohoo!), and Star Ocean 2.

goHastings has been pretty decent for my first purchase -MUCH easier than trying to scavenge for used games with original casing and manuals at Gamestop; not to mention cheaper as well. I'll probably order from them again if they have any more of these sales. I still need Harvest Moon Animal Parade and Uncharted 2 :D

Maybe they ended it a day early? I know the site said it ended the 19th the last time I checked it. Hopefully it didn't, since I intend on checking if the God Of War Collection came back in stock every couple hours today, since it's the last thing I wanna try and get at a decent percentage off.

EDIT: The promo page still comes up and still says it 'starts the 13th and ends the 19th'.

http://www.gohastings.com/department/GAME.uts

It's the first promo that comes up on that page.

Tested it with a random wii game and dvd and the discount shows up in my cart and when I advance it to entering credit card info.

Odd that's it not working for you.

[quote name='animemaniac14']any reason why this wouldn't be working? trying to order some used dvds and the discount isn't showing up :([/QUOTE]

Is it a DVD set? Sets have been known to be excluded from the discount.

So yesterday I sent them my second email this week to bring up the fact that I've still yet to receive half of my order placed 3 weeks ago. I have yet to hear from them. Are they typically a week slow when it comes to responding via email?

edit:
well crap, helps if I look back one or two pages, huh? guess I'm gonna call'em instead

Well got off the phone for Twilight Princess. They issued my refund and were cool about it. Told me to keep or throw away the item. Anyone want a busted ass copy of Twilight Princess on the wii? :p lol Maybe someone would buy a defective copy on ebay for the sake of it.

I finally got Bowser's Inside Story...it came factory sealed! Pretty nice -- overall costed a little less than the Amazon deal.

[quote name='Snuckles']Well got off the phone for Twilight Princess. They issued my refund and were cool about it. Told me to keep or throw away the item. Anyone want a busted ass copy of Twilight Princess on the wii? :p lol Maybe someone would buy a defective copy on ebay for the sake of it.[/QUOTE]

I might be interested...depends on what you want for it.

Just got 5 games from them

Ratchet: Deadlocked - Case is noticeably used (not bad though).
Star Wars: Kotor - Perfect
Max Payne 2 - Perfect
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance - Perfect
Jak 3 - Off brand case (Perfect otherwise)

Everything is in awesome condition. Now all i need is SW:TFU, Max Payne 1, and .hack Infection to arrive.

SO everything has shipped and I'm just waiting to receive it. Three arrived today, and they were fine except Mana Khemia 2. I open the larger package to find the cardboard box version which included a poster and the soundtrack, but no game. I'm going to try emailing first but will probably end up calling.

Edit: So I just called and they are refunding my order. I feel a little bad that they had to spend the money to ship it out because they were so polite. I guess I'll have to just pick the game up since I have all the extras.

Are these used games sold by people like they are over on Glyde? If not then can someone explain why Lips for X360 is $75.00 used but $54.00 new? Seriously? It's like Peter Griffin is setting these prices.

They're sold by goHastings stores/branches if I recall correctly. The prices are a bit funky time to time on certain items, but it's probably because they didn't update it on their site or something.

I've bought about 50 games from goHastings. I've had a couple cracked cases, a missing manual, and one game, Jeanne D'Arc, arrive without the original case artwork. Aside from those issues, however, I can't say anything bad about the games they sell. (I built my PSP library very quickly and very cheaply!)

The shipping is a little awkward for my tastes (each item in a separate envelope??), but I just save and reuse the envelopes when I eventually finish a game and sell it. Fine by me.

Customer Service is SUPER slow to respond - took them 2 weeks to respond to my simple query about their return policy on Used games. Still, they did respond, so kudos for that, but calling is definitely better.

Ahhhhhh, dammit. Ordered an action figure and it arrived broken. It's real nice they ship figures in huge padded envelopes, those offer almost no protection.

I finally received my copy of InFamous today. And much to my surprise it was actually a new and sealed copy. I payed about 25 bucks including shipping, so it was about the same price when Amazon's had it in its gold box.

Anyone know what coupon code went out in the gohastings email today? The text of the email I got said 'Coupon valid 12/20/09 - 12/26/09. Coupon code may only be used once per email address.' The actual coupon was in a picture that my email didn't download and when I tried to click to download it, my stupid touchpad screwed up and hopped the cursor over to the delete button. Curious if they threw out another 30% off.

[quote name='maxfisher']Anyone know what coupon code went out in the gohastings email today? The text of the email I got said 'Coupon valid 12/20/09 - 12/26/09. Coupon code may only be used once per email address.' The actual coupon was in a picture that my email didn't download and when I tried to click to download it, my stupid touchpad screwed up and hopped the cursor over to the delete button. Curious if they threw out another 30% off.[/QUOTE]

think it was buy 2 get the 3rd for 1.00

bread's done
Back