Hastings - 60 PS3 $399 After MIR + free controller or Heavenly Sword

mkernan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (92%)
Just got an email from playhastings.com about this deal. It's $399 for the 60 GB model and that's after a $100 mail-in rebate. They're also throwing in your choice of either a SIXAXIS or a copy of Heavenly Sword with the purchase. The email doesn't say how long the deal is good for, just that its for a limited time.

If you're in the market, and near a Hastings, not a bad deal.

Denton, repping haha.
Can you post the email though?
I bought it earlier this week at the Golden Triangle store with the rebate, but no mention of anything extra.
Definitely a good deal though, already was for $400.

[quote name='mkernan']Just got an email from playhastings.com about this deal. It's $399 for the 60 GB model and that's after a $100 mail-in rebate. They're also throwing in your choice of either a SIXAXIS or a copy of Heavenly Sword with the purchase. The email doesn't say how long the deal is good for, just that its for a limited time.

If you're in the market, and near a Hastings, not a bad deal.[/QUOTE]
Solid deal! I wish I had a Hastings remotely close to me.

I got one earlier today too. Here's the email as requested earlier:

Image2.jpg

When you click "more" it takes you to an advertisement about COD4. Nothing is mentioned regarding the PS3. Other than that, there is a link to a trailer for Mass Effect and a "check out these other titles bit". This is the only section discussing the PS3.

[quote name='Blitz_Pro']No chance of getting this online or by phone?[/quote]

price match maybe???? doubt it tho...

I finally bit on a PS3 for this deal. I didn't see that they were offering the controller/game, either, so I guess I missed out on that part, but it's still pretty good.

I hope you have patience. It has been a long time since I bought my PS3 from them; still no rebate on file. When I called they told me that they recently changed rebate companies and that the computers were down.

I just did this today. I picked up Heavenly Sword with it, and it took off the price of the game as an automatic coupon (i.e. ring up both, and the system recognized the deal automatically).

The sales staff was oblivious to the deal, but it worked, and assuming the rebate comes through, I'll be a happy camper. Thanks for the heads up, mkernan.

Another reason why I wish Hastings would've stayed open here in town. I need to get a 60 GB here soon.

People that want a PS3 should get the 60GB model it's the best model, all the others have less features and you can easily change the hard drive (80 bucks for a 160GB) if you need more space.

Don't get the extra Sixaxis though, get the game. The Sixaxis sucks it's made from the thinest crappiest plastic imaginable. You can actually see through it if you put it in the light and you can easily snap it in half like a twig. Also it's extremely light which is something I find extremely annoying and I hate the fact that there's no vibration. Playing the Uncharted demo with the Sixaxis took away from the game I think. If you want extra controllers for your PS3 wait for the Dual Shock 3 to come out.

[quote name='roymustang']People that want a PS3 should get the 60GB model it's the best model, all the others have less features and you can easily change the hard drive (80 bucks for a 160GB) if you need more space.

Don't get the extra Sixaxis though, get the game. The Sixaxis sucks it's made from the thinest crappiest plastic imaginable. You can actually see through it if you put it in the light and you can easily snap it in half like a twig. Also it's extremely light which is something I find extremely annoying and I hate the fact that there's no vibration. Playing the Uncharted demo with the Sixaxis took away from the game I think. If you want extra controllers for your PS3 wait for the Dual Shock 3 to come out.[/quote]

SIXAXIS Quality aside, I would agree on picking up the game vs. the controller, as the DualShock 3 will be coming out at some point. Just wait for that.

Sweet offer man, The 60 GIG PS3 is THEE one to get while you still can. Clearly go with the game also. The Sixaxis is soon to be replaced.

This is killing me, every other deal on the 60 GB is pretty crappy, and the first really good one is not close to me at all.

[quote name='roymustang']People that want a PS3 should get the 60GB model it's the best model, all the others have less features and you can easily change the hard drive (80 bucks for a 160GB) if you need more space.

Don't get the extra Sixaxis though, get the game. The Sixaxis sucks it's made from the thinest crappiest plastic imaginable. You can actually see through it if you put it in the light and you can easily snap it in half like a twig. Also it's extremely light which is something I find extremely annoying and I hate the fact that there's no vibration. Playing the Uncharted demo with the Sixaxis took away from the game I think. If you want extra controllers for your PS3 wait for the Dual Shock 3 to come out.[/QUOTE]

I main thing I'm interested in 60GB is backward compatibility, I thought Sony was planning to bring out another model with full BC later, any tips?

As for rebate, forget it, my experience with them were nothing but scam. I wish Sony would just keep what they had from launch, 20GB and 60GB (maybe up to 100GB). 20 GB would've been $400 now or maybe even less.

Stopped at Hastings tonight: since they couldn't find a date saying when the deal/MIR was effective/started, they ordered a copy of HS (they didn't have any in stock) and will give me a call when it comes in. So definately stop by if you bought one before they were offering the game/controller along with the rebate.

bread's done
Back