Hastings 9.99 and under clearance

Megafrog

CAGiversary!
I stopped by my local Hastings today (St Joseph, MO) and found a clearance sale on used video games going on. This sale was different than most as it had titles including the Atlus RPGs Steambot Chronicles, Metal Saga and Stella Deus. For the Game Cube, they had titles from $4.99 such as Alien Hominid.

Just lots of used games marked at 9.99 and under.

All used XB games were B1G1F when I went a few days ago. I managed to pick up:

Capcom vs SNK 2 EO
SC: Double Agent
Myst 3
Dead to Rights
Stolen
MLB2K5 World Series Edition (which i've never really seen cheap)

for $20. Pretty good stuff. I didn't check the PS2 stuff. Didn't really think to. I was just ecstatic that I finally found Capcom vs SNK 2 EO cheap.

Picked up Call of Cthulu and Splinter Cell Double Agent (brand new, tagged as used though) for a grand total of $10 and change. I was trying to pick up Knights 2 w/ original Knights, but it's tagged at $24.99. I tried so hard for the person helping me out to check it via the scanner, but the stupid chicken-looking old lady couldn't seem to understand that some of those prices might be outdated, and MAYBE, just maybe, it might be a tad cheaper. Alas, my lunch hour expired, and the fact that there are only 2 people working the ENTIRE sales floor (including register), I left.

Both the Hastings near me are 30min away.
So if there was a list of games it might be worth the drive.

Mine was pretty lame...... they did have signs up though for buy 1, get 1 for 1 cent on all used Xbox and Gamecube games. Didn't see anything I wanted though.

The $9.99 clearance stuff had a bunch of copies of Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, which I came close to picking up, but I just don't have time for it right now. I saw Breakdown for $4.99, Panzer Dragoon Orta for $9.99, and most of the rest of the stuff didn't interest me at all. (those are all used btw)

[quote name='chrisnsally']PD Orta - two for $10 would be a deal...that's getting harder to find (especially new?!)[/QUOTE]

Yeah.... they only had one copy, and we're talkin' used here, not new.

[quote name='SGT Killjoy']i don't even know what hastings is. didnt know they would have used games. so they take trades?[/QUOTE]

Yes they do. They have real obscure games, well at least at the one I go to (snagged a sealed Valkyrie Profile for the PS1 for $20 one time), but there's fierce CAG competition in my town so I might not get to them on time. They also give you the most bang for your buck on trades, but have horrible price tag adjustments, meaning you might find Halo 1 at $29.99, when the real system price might be $8 or something.

Just a heads up.

ALL used Xbox and Gamecube games are $9.99 or under now. And my store still had the "Buy One get One $.01" signs up so I was able to combine the two.

My store didn't have much, but I was able to find Fatal Frame II for Xbox, which I'd been looking for.

Just thought I'd let you guys know and maybe someone could get lucky and find a MvC 2 or REs on Cube or something.

[quote name='v0yce']Just a heads up.

ALL used Xbox and Gamecube games are $9.99 or under now. And my store still had the "Buy One get One $.01" signs up so I was able to combine the two.

My store didn't have much, but I was able to find Fatal Frame II for Xbox, which I'd been looking for.

Just thought I'd let you guys know and maybe someone could get lucky and find a MvC 2 or REs on Cube or something.[/quote]

When did this happen? I was checking some yesterday and they weren't all 9.99. Mercenaries, for example, was still 17.99 used.

Did manage to grab a few more: Hulk UD, Fatal Frame 2, Timesplitters FP and Painkiller: Hell Wars for $20.

[quote name='Scorch']When did this happen? I was checking some yesterday and they weren't all 9.99. Mercenaries, for example, was still 17.99 used.

Did manage to grab a few more: Hulk UD, Fatal Frame 2, Timesplitters FP and Painkiller: Hell Wars for $20.[/QUOTE]

I went Sunday night. They had signs posted as well as printed ads near the registers.

The Buy One Get One $.01 didn't ring up and they adjusted it manually. So that part may be over and YMMV.

[quote name='calum93']so halo 2 is under $10 now?[/QUOTE]

Should be.

There should be no used Xbox or Gamecube games more than $10.

Just checked my local Hastings (in McAllen no less, hello Negative!) and they are advertising all used Gamecube and Xbox 1 games for $9.99. There was also a sign for Xbox games proclaiming buy one get one for $0.01.

Didn't pick up anything, but sounds like a good deal. The wife found a copy of Chibi-Robo sealed for $12.99 that she picked up.

Yo, Negative!

Don't be hatin' on your CAG competition. ;)[quote name='pissedoffpoet']Just checked my local Hastings (in McAllen no less, hello Negative!) and they are advertising all used Gamecube and Xbox 1 games for $9.99. There was also a sign for Xbox games proclaiming buy one get one for $0.01.

Didn't pick up anything, but sounds like a good deal. The wife found a copy of Chibi-Robo sealed for $12.99 that she picked up.[/quote]
Check out the PS2 section, some games have this ginormous sticker on top of the spine with reduced, and I mean reduced prices.

I picked up Manhunt 2 "Used" for 5.99, and Fire Pro Wrestling Returns for the same price.

Manhunt 2 was new/sealed underneath the plastic wrapping they usually use, so I'm not too sure of the story behind that.

Nice deal. I just got NGB, Family Guy, Guy Game (don't judge me), and Twilight Princess (GC) for $20 total + tax. After the woman let me get them out of the game case, I asked if there was a scanner to check the prices, or if we had to take them up to the register. Her reply: "The prices are on them" ($26.99, $23.99, $31.99, and $44.99, btw). I told her that the price tags are sometimes wrong. She reluctantly agreed to check them at the register (I think she really wanted to prove me wrong).

[quote name='pissedoffpoet']Just checked my local Hastings (in McAllen no less, hello Negative!) and they are advertising all used Gamecube and Xbox 1 games for $9.99. There was also a sign for Xbox games proclaiming buy one get one for $0.01.

Didn't pick up anything, but sounds like a good deal. The wife found a copy of Chibi-Robo sealed for $12.99 that she picked up.[/QUOTE]

Jots down pissedoffpoet on his yellow tablet titled "CAGS to take out"

I just picked up Zelda TP and Harvest Moon for Gamecube. I was just gonna pick up Zelda, but then I saw the buy on get one for a penny sign on the window of the game case, so I ended up getting both for $10. They rang up as 9.99 each, but once i showed them the sign they did an overide.

Last night after hearing about all used GC games were $10, I rushed over to my nearest Hastings to pick up the game that I have been staring at the glass for the past six months, Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. Luckily when I got there it was still behind the glass. The best part was that the signage for last week's "Buy one, get one for 1cent" deal was still up. None of the other games that I really wanted to complete my GC collection cheaply were there (RE 2, 3, Code X, Ikaruga, Cubivore, Prince of Persia series). I saw a used Lego Star Wars II (I definitely liked the first one) so I went ahead and picked it up. The clerk was a little taken aback when the $40 Star Wars JKII rang up for $9.99.

In all, I was successful in getting SW JKII: JO + Lego SWII for only $10 before tax. This is definitely one of the better deals that I have gotten on this website :). BIG Thanks to v0yce for pointing this deal out!

[quote name='4tygames']Last night after hearing about all used GC games were $10, I rushed over to my nearest Hastings to pick up the game that I have been staring at the glass for the past six months, Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. Luckily when I got there it was still behind the glass. The best part was that the signage for last week's "Buy one, get one for 1cent" deal was still up. None of the other games that I really wanted to complete my GC collection cheaply were there (RE 2, 3, Code X, Ikaruga, Cubivore, Prince of Persia series). I saw a used Lego Star Wars II (I definitely liked the first one) so I went ahead and picked it up. The clerk was a little taken aback when the $40 Star Wars JKII rang up for $9.99.

In all, I was successful in getting SW JKII: JO + Lego SWII for only $10 before tax. This is definitely one of the better deals that I have gotten on this website :). BIG Thanks to v0yce for pointing this deal out![/QUOTE]

No problem.

And Jedi Knight II is a lot of fun. I played it back in the day on Xbox. Good pick up.

After getting raped by my Radiology test I swung by Hastings and picked up:

Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast (GC)
Skies of Arcadia: Legends
Ninja Gaiden (Too bad it wasn't NG: Black)
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath

Using the B1G1F and all GC/Xbox for 9.99, everything totaled for $21.60

Hopefully, they'll keep the B1G1F deal going on, but probably not. Should head back for the couple of other titles I want. The only copy of Call of Cthulu is hiding to await my return.

I'll have to try tomorrow and see if the games marked 17.99 and 24.99 that I saw will ring up for 9.99

I went back today and got Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance II and Star Wars Knights of the old reppublic II for Xbox. This deal is probably the best one I have seen at my Hastings. Thanks OP!

Anyone know how long this is going to go on?

Saw Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction xbox: 9.99, Call of the Cthulhu Dark Corners for xbox: 9.99. Halo 2 was way overpriced at $24 and Halo 1 was $14. I thought getting Capcom Classics Collection for xbox for 9.99 or Justice League Heroes, or Fatal Frame 2. Next time I go which might be Sunday, I'll try to scoop out everything and actually use my credit to get something.

I wish they had a better list online.

Got Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction for xbox and Justice League Heroes ps2 for buy one at 9.99 get the other for a penny. JLH, isn't that great...

Thanks Op
Found myself in TX by a Hastings and dropped in
Picked up Donkey Konga (complete) with Drums, Baiten Kaitos (complete) and 2 new copies (marked used) of Odama w/mic for $21 total .
Great store, wish I had one closer than an hour away.

bread's done
Back