Hastings B&M-Double Credit on Console Trade Ins

enorris311

CAGiversary!
Feedback
132 (99%)
If you have some Gamestop credit to burn, you could get two 500GB Super Slims for $300 and trade them to Hastings for $440 and have your PS4 paid for.

Weeklyad_10132013_pg2.jpg

I like that the 360 that they show is the old model. I wounder if I took an elite in to them if they'd really give me $180. I wish there was one around me, I'd totally try.

the problem is having credit at hastings. i have one here and i never go there, retail prices are too much, sales are scarce, and employees are almost nonexistent. 

the problem is having credit at hastings. i have one here and i never go there, retail prices are too much, sales are scarce, and employees are almost nonexistent.
I'm definitely with you on that. The store is pretty terrible, but that's why I mentioned trading it towards a Ps4. That would be the only reason I would ever want credit at Hastings.

For sure. I trade stuff to them, but generally anytime they have a decent sale online I transfer as much of that Hastings credit as I can to Best Buy. I like their site during sales, but I really don't care for their retail stores anymore. Especially not now that they gut the new games.

For sure. I trade stuff to them, but generally anytime they have a decent sale online I transfer as much of that Hastings credit as I can to Best Buy. I like their site during sales, but I really don't care for their retail stores anymore. Especially not now that they gut the new games.
Yeah, I noticed the gutting at my Hastings last week, and was quite disgusted they had adpoted GS' technique. The store is only a few miles away from me, but I haven't really been going there at all for the better part of the year, for most of the reasons you guys have mentioned: mainly horrible prices and TiV's, and lack of sales or trade-in specials at their B&M locations.

They have had some decent trade in values as of recent, though, so I give them credit for that. They have earned back some of my business, but I would just like to see a few more sales at the stores to make the prices more competitive with GS, BB, etc..

I just bought a [near] DOA Xbox 360 without a hard drive off CL. Wonder if they'd take it? It does say trade in ANY console for double credit...

Edit: Dang, looks like that was last weeks ad >_>

Last edited by a moderator:
Traded in my 320 gb xbox slim for $200. Thanks for post
Were you able to get $200 on 10/21? It's a little confusing since the ad expired yesterday, but the fine print said something like trade-in values were good until 10/29. Wasn't sure if this applied to the console deal.

I traded mine in on the 19th just posted it late sorry. Would call them as one hastings told me they would only give me 150 so went to a different one.

Sounds like you just have a crappy Hastings. I've worked at my store for three years. We have rotating sales every sunday and often have 2 day sales on the weekend. 30% off of everything used during midnight releases. Constant B2G1 and B1G1 sales on used movies. We recently remodeled our store and carry all kinds of new cool shit like Go Pro's and longboards, even televisions. And I personally go out of my way for each and every customer that comes in. Sorry you've had bad experiences with Hastings, but it really is a pretty great company. If you are ever in the southwest oklahoma region, come see my store and I think you would change your tune very quickly.

The hastings Ine Lake Jackson Texas just south of Houston is a place that any nerd would want to live in. Might be my favorite store in the world.

Were you able to get $200 on 10/21? It's a little confusing since the ad expired yesterday, but the fine print said something like trade-in values were good until 10/29. Wasn't sure if this applied to the console deal.
I followed up, and at this point the deal appears to vary by store. I think the issue was that there was an ad out that said they were offering double credit on any Xbox system, while they only intended to offer it on the latest 250GB model. Although the system no longer reflects double credit, apparently there was an e-mail from corporate asking stores to honor it.

You may have better luck in a store that still has the double credit signs posted in the video games dept. I went to such a store, and a manager was able to get the extra $110 on the gift card for me.

Sounds like you just have a crappy Hastings. I've worked at my store for three years. We have rotating sales every sunday and often have 2 day sales on the weekend. 30% off of everything used during midnight releases. Constant B2G1 and B1G1 sales on used movies. We recently remodeled our store and carry all kinds of new cool shit like Go Pro's and longboards, even televisions. And I personally go out of my way for each and every customer that comes in. Sorry you've had bad experiences with Hastings, but it really is a pretty great company. If you are ever in the southwest oklahoma region, come see my store and I think you would change your tune very quickly.
i moved to Boise idaho 7 years ago and we have a few Hastings in the area. I love there stores ! Not sure where all the Hastings hate is from

I wouldn't say I hate Hastings, but they don't ever run any good video game sales. They have gave great online sales but the shipping usually kills it. Their in store used selection is usually top notch, so if they were to ever do B2G1 sales or 40 percent off sales, or something like that, they would get a lot more business from me. But right now, prices are generally too high in store for video games.

I called my local store today and although they wouldn't give quotes over the phone, she confirmed the double offer is over.  On the bright side, she also said they were going to bring it back during the holiday season sometime but who knows if the values will be as high then.

I called my local store today and although they wouldn't give quotes over the phone, she confirmed the double offer is over. On the bright side, she also said they were going to bring it back during the holiday season sometime but who knows if the values will be as high then.
Strange. I just came from Hastings in Murfreesboro TN, where I traded in my Wii-U deluxe for $240. The trade in took 3 hours, but the double credit was automatic. Tried to trade in a 250 GB ps3 super slim, but it didn't have the usb cable (I think they dropped it when they opened the box, but I can't prove it. I should have bought one of their $10 cables and just done the trade, but I couldn't bring myself to do it). Hopefully it will go quicker tomorrow. Their system showed $200 trade-in value for my PS3, hope it doesn't drop.
They have little signs that show an end date of 11/30/13, but I don't know if it'll actually last that long. Not sure what I'll be using the credit on, after 3 hours of looking around, pretty much everything seemed overpriced.

I wouldn't say I hate Hastings, but they don't ever run any good video game sales. They have gave great online sales but the shipping usually kills it. Their in store used selection is usually top notch, so if they were to ever do B2G1 sales or 40 percent off sales, or something like that, they would get a lot more business from me. But right now, prices are generally too high in store for video games.
If you're interested, they're giving out a coupon for 50% off any used game next Monday night from 9 to midnight for some midnight release or something. In-store only though.

already traded mky xbox 360 old model 120g to Gamestop

The employee pushed the tray button really fast and told me that it took several tries to get it open. So she charged a refurb fee.

It'd take anyone several tries if you keep cancelling out the tray open with the tray closed.................

Golt $36.00 FOR IT.

already traded mky xbox 360 old model 120g to Gamestop

The employee pushed the tray button really fast and told me that it took several tries to get it open. So she charged a refurb fee.

It'd take anyone several tries if you keep cancelling out the tray open with the tray closed.................

Golt $36.00 FOR IT.
Surprised you let her get away with that.

I went back to Hastings tonight with another usb cable (I still think they lost the other one) and traded in my 250GB PS3 super slim. There were no trades in front of me this time, so it only took about an hour and a half. Seriously, they do not seem to be in any rush to process trades. The double credit was automatic again, once they finally found the entry in their system for the PS3. One of the workers was visibly shocked at the $200 credit, so I explained the double credit deal to speed things along.

I also figured out what to spend the bulk of the credit from my 2 trades on. We'll be going on a trip soon, and, for whatever reason, Hastings sells Southwest Airlines gift cards. Bought 3 $100 cards (Southwest only allows 4 forms of payment per reservation, so 3 gift cards and 1 credit card), no fees, no expiration. Thanks OP (I forgot to thank you in my previous post).

I went back to Hastings tonight with another usb cable (I still think they lost the other one) and traded in my 250GB PS3 super slim. There were no trades in front of me this time, so it only took about an hour and a half. Seriously, they do not seem to be in any rush to process trades. The double credit was automatic again, once they finally found the entry in their system for the PS3. One of the workers was visibly shocked at the $200 credit, so I explained the double credit deal to speed things along.

I also figured out what to spend the bulk of the credit from my 2 trades on. We'll be going on a trip soon, and, for whatever reason, Hastings sells Southwest Airlines gift cards. Bought 3 $100 cards (Southwest only allows 4 forms of payment per reservation, so 3 gift cards and 1 credit card), no fees, no expiration. Thanks OP (I forgot to thank you in my previous post).

Hey man thanks for the post. Also a Boro native. I've never traded a system but it takes long enough just for games so I can only imagine. I think I may dump my ps3 if your saying you got 200 for your's today. I hate to because it's a super slim I bought less than a year ago & it's in perfect shape but I just never play it.

Hey man thanks for the post. Also a Boro native. I've never traded a system but it takes long enough just for games so I can only imagine. I think I may dump my ps3 if your saying you got 200 for your's today. I hate to because it's a super slim I bought less than a year ago & it's in perfect shape but I just never play it.
I bought it not too long ago off Amazon Warehouse Deals (Amazon exclusive family bundle) to replace my aging launch 60 GB. The noise from the superslim's fan was unbearable. I replaced it the other day with one of the GS converted 320 GB slims. It took me a while to find a store with a converted system (they didn't really seem to know anything about it), and I didn't get as lucky as some people (they wouldn't do an override to take the SotW coupon, and it didn't come with the original box or move bundle), but I'm happy with it, and I got BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend Limited Edition (360) as my free game. Traded the game itself to BB for $22.40 after bonus, kept the cardboard box, artbook, and soundtrack cd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange. I just came from Hastings in Murfreesboro TN, where I traded in my Wii-U deluxe for $240. The trade in took 3 hours, but the double credit was automatic. Tried to trade in a 250 GB ps3 super slim, but it didn't have the usb cable (I think they dropped it when they opened the box, but I can't prove it. I should have bought one of their $10 cables and just done the trade, but I couldn't bring myself to do it). Hopefully it will go quicker tomorrow. Their system showed $200 trade-in value for my PS3, hope it doesn't drop.
They have little signs that show an end date of 11/30/13, but I don't know if it'll actually last that long. Not sure what I'll be using the credit on, after 3 hours of looking around, pretty much everything seemed overpriced.
I really appreciate this! Thanks to you I actually went in person and indeed, there are signs with an 11/30 expiration. You can never trust young employees! The girl on the phone did sound very confident when she said it had ended though.

I managed to get a quote for a 160gb Slim PS3 - $180, and a 4gb Slim 360 - $140 but not first without the guy telling me it wasn't possible to look up values without me actually bringing the console in. I was like WTH, that makes no sense. Ends up I had to give my drivers license so they could look up my trade-in account and then they just scanned the barcode for each particular system from a binder. Hastings really needs to upgrade their system from out of the 90's.

Can you elaborate on why exactly it took so long for them to do the trade-in. The employee today said they just test it out for 30 minutes, which is understandable, but no way am I gonna wait around for 2 or 3 hours! Those values aren't that good! Although, I suppose I could just leave and come back - why didn't you do that by the way?

So what all trade in values have people gotten for different systems? 

I have a ton of Gamestop credit and I'm considering using some during the b2g1 to get a couple systems to flip at Hastings.

Anyone trade in a 3DS XL?

So what all trade in values have people gotten for different systems?

I have a ton of Gamestop credit and I'm considering using some during the b2g1 to get a couple systems to flip at Hastings.

Anyone trade in a 3DS XL?
The ad for the double credit specifically states 360, PS3, and Wii-U. I don't think it applies to any other systems.

I really appreciate this! Thanks to you I actually went in person and indeed, there are signs with an 11/30 expiration. You can never trust young employees! The girl on the phone did sound very confident when she said it had ended though.

I managed to get a quote for a 160gb Slim PS3 - $180, and a 4gb Slim 360 - $140 but not first without the guy telling me it wasn't possible to look up values without me actually bringing the console in. I was like WTH, that makes no sense. Ends up I had to give my drivers license so they could look up my trade-in account and then they just scanned the barcode for each particular system from a binder. Hastings really needs to upgrade their system from out of the 90's.

Can you elaborate on why exactly it took so long for them to do the trade-in. The employee today said they just test it out for 30 minutes, which is understandable, but no way am I gonna wait around for 2 or 3 hours! Those values aren't that good! Although, I suppose I could just leave and come back - why didn't you do that by the way?
Glad I could be of some help. I think they just weren't in any rush to do it. Once they actually get started testing it, it takes about half an hour, give or take. If I had realized it would take that long, I would have left it there and gone somewhere else while they did it.

Thinking about unloading my 360 and PS3. I wasn't going to for a while, but this is the best deal I'll be able to find.

I'm not happy about having to spend all day at Hastings though. 

Went in today to trade my Vita. I told her I got an email about double credit on the Vita. She pulled it up and they were only offering $80 including the double credit. So I passed. Would have been nice if it was double the $80, but oh well.

Not sure which thread to post in, but does anyone think Hastings (B&M) will have another 50% coupon [on top of the 30% off] for the release of Man of Steel next week? Is this common with them lately?

I only ask because I am really interested in trading in Battlefield 4 for $50 [plus they are running a trade in 3 games/get 10 more credit]. 

Just saw the ad for this in-store when browsing randomly. Gonna attempt to trade in my 500GB Superslim PS3(the backup to my 60GB fat model) and use the credit to get a Zelda WiiU tomorrow.

Update: As of Friday, the trade-in deal is still going. Got 220 for my PS3 Superslim. Took them 20 minutes to complete the buyback process. No issues.

Not sure which thread to post in, but does anyone think Hastings (B&M) will have another 50% coupon [on top of the 30% off] for the release of Man of Steel next week? Is this common with them lately?

I only ask because I am really interested in trading in Battlefield 4 for $50 [plus they are running a trade in 3 games/get 10 more credit].
Is there a coupon required for the 3 for $10? There usually is, and I usually see them in my emails, but I haven't gotten anything referring to this for the month of November.

Is there a coupon required for the 3 for $10? There usually is, and I usually see them in my emails, but I haven't gotten anything referring to this for the month of November.
I remember last time they did this ( I think it was 3/$25) there was a coupon code, but it was something that they had behind the register and only like one person knew how to apply it.

bread's done
Back