Hastings B2G1 for $1

Im having a hell of a time trying to place orders.

Sorry! We're Working on This Page.
spacer.gif

We're sorry. An error has occurred when attempting to process your request. Please go back and try your request again, or return at a later time.

It's fine for me, debating an order at the moment. Folklore, Van Halen and ODST for $31.55. Will probably pass, I just got in on the the stacking gamestop B2G1 and shipping is not helping this deal, as always. Oh well.

[quote name='sainrub']Im having a hell of a time trying to place orders.[/QUOTE]
Same here. I'm not going to be too thrilled if I end up not being able to get what I want or if it charges me repeatedly..

[quote name='Donkey132']as usual their shipping kills it for me[/QUOTE]

yeah I am ultimately passing on this sale for now. Not necessarily because of shipping, but because of shipping and their used prices seem a touch higher than normal. I have a huge backlog and I want some of those games around $30 (Castlevania, Dead Rising 2, Heavy Rain, Warriors of Rock, etc...)

I'm guessing if I wait, when this sale comes around again near the holidays, these games will all be much closer to $15 than $30

[quote name='JaylisJayP']yeah I am ultimately passing on this sale for now. Not necessarily because of shipping, but because of shipping and their used prices seem a touch higher than normal. I have a huge backlog and I want some of those games around $30 (Castlevania, Dead Rising 2, Heavy Rain, Warriors of Rock, etc...)

I'm guessing if I wait, when this sale comes around again near the holidays, these games will all be much closer to $15 than $30[/QUOTE]
well the deal isn't too bad if you are gonna buy some newer release games. My problem is I want a bunch of $7-$15 games which ultimately makes shipping kill it. I don't care how many games I'm buying, $30 shipping is outrageous.

[quote name='JAlbertL']do their used games come complete (case and manual)?[/QUOTE]

I've always received game case and manual gohasting

Yeah, this isn't working for me. Trying to pick up Bayonetta, RE5 and Wolverine Uncaged to no avail. :/
Same error mentioned above.
What's wrong with the shipping cost? $6.84 for 3 games isn't bad at all.

[quote name='sainrub']Im having a hell of a time trying to place orders.[/QUOTE]

I've been getting the same message since yesterday. Some people are obviously getting through because some of the games I had in my cart are now OOS. GRRR

Just a heads up, but SMT: Nocturne is showing as in-stock at 25.15 Used. Almost pulled trigger on it, Super Mario Galaxy 2 & DK Returns for a little over $80 with shipping and tax. If it weren't for that meddling backlog...

I won't buy @them anymore.
Used to participate on this promotion.
Got an email the $1 title was canceled, the others still on the way.
So, I paid for 2 full used price plus shipping.
Try to complain their CS, also nothing happen.
WTF!!!

I'm curious where everyone shops who is calling Hastings overpriced? (Serious question.)

They are usually on par with used Amazon games and far below Gamestop, even when you add in shipping + tax. Or am I missing something? (Yes, I know the cases might be shoddy, but I've had good luck with them)

buyer beware, they are notrious for canceling games and still charging you full shipping prices, canceling your $1 game and not allowing you to chose another, advertising they have games in stock when they don't, when they cancel your order you will have a hold put on your account, and finally their customer service will never side with the customer, only themselves

[quote name='mason6799']buyer beware, they are notrious for canceling games and still charging you full shipping prices, canceling your $1 game and not allowing you to chose another, advertising they have games in stock when they don't, when they cancel your order you will have a hold put on your account, and finally their customer service will never side with the customer, only themselves[/QUOTE]

Bullshit...like stink on shit...you are.

[quote name='VaultDweller']anyone still getting errors? too scared to try it again myself what if i get charged?!?!?[/QUOTE]

Yup, they seriously need new infrastructure if they are going to keep inviting the internets to their front door.

Just wanted to chime in and say that I've had nothing but good experiences with Hastings online and in-store. Purchased a dozen games or so in the last 6 months from them (mostly winter/fall sales) and all have come in acceptable or like new condition and complete (all ps3 games). All orders have been shipped promptly and arrived on time with no issues. Can't say much for their CS department because I've never needed it.

Beats the hell out of Gamestop any day, both in price and product quality.

[quote name='mason6799']buyer beware, they are notrious for canceling games and still charging you full shipping prices, canceling your $1 game and not allowing you to chose another, advertising they have games in stock when they don't, when they cancel your order you will have a hold put on your account, and finally their customer service will never side with the customer, only themselves[/QUOTE]

I've probably purchased 50 plus games from Hastings over time and have never had a single problem with them.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I've probably purchased 50 plus games from Hastings over time and have never had a single problem with them.[/QUOTE]

Just leave him be...he likes to shit in every goHastings thread.

mason6799 actually has a point much of what he mentions does happen regularly enough. I've at least experienced cancellations and out of stock games on more than one occasion.

Yeah, code isn't working for me. I mean, it takes the code, but doesn't change my total.

I bought once from gohastings and 2 of the games were in great condition, the third had a tiny crack in the center of the disc. I didn't return it because the game still worked fine and I beat the game with no problem.

[quote name='VaultDweller']anyone still getting errors? too scared to try it again myself what if i get charged?!?!?[/QUOTE]

Yeah doesn't work for me either. The code does, but I get a system error on the last page of checkout.

I've never had any major issues. I've only ordered one video game because I'm somewhat anal about getting them complete. I've heard they are generally complete, and mine was, but there is no guarantee.
I've mostly ordered books, with generally good results.
At one time part of my order was cancelled. They just refunded based on the total dollar amount divided by the number of books- so prorated the discount if you will.

I've ordered at least twenty video games from them.
Have had just one cancellation, which is fine if you understand how their inventory works.
I've had just one game not include an instruction manual.

I've ordered 'used' game guides as well and all of them have come in new condition with the spine unbroken and all contents/maps still attached.

They DO NOT charge you for canceled games or the shipping for canceled games...you get a final invoice AFTER all games that were in-stock shipped in your order.

This thread will fill up fast with angst towards goHastings, but it's more of a reflection of not understanding how debit cards work and their inventory system. I suggest any CAGs new to the B2G1 deals to pull up an old thread for more info.

I used to try and maintain a goHastings thread, but the ignorance and vitriol of some people (trolls) just isn't worth it.

I've ordered 8 games from them. They all work, came complete. One even came as an unopened collector's edition even though it said I bought the regular edition. All this and that I bought them during the 60% off + free shipping interlap so that was one of the best deals I've ever seen.

I agree that their used game condition are better quality, compare to GS.
The worst case I got, insert manual missing on 4 PS2, DS games.
But their inventory system too lousy, they allow you to submit on out of stock title, then cancel it.
Especially on this promotion, hope the cancel one doesn't fall to $1 title as I got.
Good luck guy,

3capture.jpg

[quote name='mason6799']muthfudda take the giant gohastings cock out of your mouth and please shhut the fuck up[/QUOTE]

How about you go cry elsewhere since you're just so damn butthurt

[quote name='Muthafodder']
I used to try and maintain a goHastings thread, but the ignorance and vitriol of some people (trolls) just isn't worth it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mason6799']muthfudda take the giant gohastings cock out of your mouth and please shhut the fuck up[/QUOTE]

you mean this.

go hastings isn't perfect they will mess up once and a while-but if you get on them they make shit right.

from my experience anyway--also calling them is way faster results than emailing them--sometime they wont answer emails for like a week.

[quote name='Lips Of An Agel']I agree that their used game condition are better quality, compare to GS.
The worst case I got, insert manual missing on 4 PS2, DS games.
But their inventory system too lousy, they allow you to submit on out of stock title, then cancel it.
Especially on this promotion, hope the cancel one doesn't fall to $1 title as I got.
Good luck guy,

[/QUOTE]

You're lucky, shipping is less expensive in an area where they aren't located and no tax.

On a side note, you may be the only one who has had an order go through :)

Any time that I've ordered 2 (or, presumably, more) of the same item in the same transaction, they've only sent me one. They must have a problem with multiples for whatever reason.

Also, "previously viewed" which are never part of the b2g1's, from my experience, are in better condition. I'm 100% as of this writing on full packages with them.

I've bought 11 used books from them (7 guides, 4 books) and of the 9 I have received, all are in great shape. About the only thing that I found funny was that the Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn guide I bought had a Hollywood Video sticker on it that said it was used, and it was on the outside of the shrinkwrap they put on the guide. Aside from that, it looked better than some of the "new" guides I've bought off Amazon.

bread's done
Back