Hastings B2G1 for $1

[quote name='Altanis']PC Richard's shipping is $2.99 per game. GoHastings is $2.28 per game.

I'm not sure how that works out...[/QUOTE]
Nah, it cost 13$ for shipping 9 games, so not sure where you got 3$ a pop from. This is from my last order with them:

Subtotal:$90.00 Total Tax:$0.00 Total Shipping/Handling:$12.72

For 9 games 13$ shipping isn't too bad. :)

[quote name='randomdud']Nah, it cost 13$ for shipping 9 games, so not sure where you got 3$ a pop from. This is from my last order with them:

For 9 games 13$ shipping isn't too bad. :)[/QUOTE]
this is what I get for 9 games:
Merchandise: $87.62 Shipping: $20.52 Estimated Sales Tax: $0.00 Estimated Total: $108.14

[quote name='randomdud']Nah, it cost 13$ for shipping 9 games, so not sure where you got 3$ a pop from. This is from my last order with them:

For 9 games 13$ shipping isn't too bad. :)[/QUOTE]

Shipping depends on your location, but the base PC Richards shipping is about $2.99. And which 9 games were they? PC Richards sales are always 3/4ths shovelware crap. Getting something like Singularity or Battlefield Bad Company 2 for $10 is incomparable to getting Alien vs Predator or Star Wars Battlefront for $10.

[quote name='gotdott']Shipping depends on your location, but the base PC Richards shipping is about $2.99. And which 9 games were they? PC Richards sales are always 3/4ths shovelware crap. Getting something like Singularity or Battlefield Bad Company 2 for $10 is incomparable to getting Alien vs Predator or Star Wars Battlefront for $10.[/QUOTE]
All of their games are new, though, and I honestly wanted all of them as quick thrills. 10$ new and then I can trade after beating for something else. :D

I got
Army of Two: 40th day
Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon
Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron
Guitar Hero 5
Resistance Retribution
Prince of Persia: the Forgotten Sands
Guitar Hero Smash Hits
Lost Planet 2
Bioshock 2

[quote name='gotdott']Decided to place another order:

Final Fantasy XIII
Darksiders
Dead Space

$33.44 including shipping.

Total trade-in value of these games on Amazon: $35.25

People complaining about shipping aren't using their heads.[/QUOTE]

Or they're not planning on trading the games in to Amazon the week after they get them. Yeah, there's always that. Plus, you still have to buy the box you're shipping them to Amazon in...so it looks like a wash.

My order is all pending and no cancellations yet. Got Metro 2033, Star Wars the force unleashed 2 and monopoly streets all for 360

LOL at the price increases.

MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 went from $47 yesterday to $62 today
NCAA BASKETBALL 2010 (an oop title I was looking for) was at $37 yesterday in my cart to $57 today...and of course out of stock!

Just like yesterday's "site error", another epic fail.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Or they're not planning on trading the games in to Amazon the week after they get them. Yeah, there's always that. Plus, you still have to buy the box you're shipping them to Amazon in...so it looks like a wash.[/QUOTE]

I don't see what you are getting at. If they don't want to trade it in, then they don't? $10 is a sweet spot for almost any game.

I move games I feel borderline about to the top of my backlog and I do a playthrough before I trade it in and use that credit to get something new. Most of these games have trade in values that are fairly stable and wont change drastically in the next month.

And buy a box? It comes in a box.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']LOL at the price increases.

NCAA BASKETBALL 2010 (an oop title I was looking for) was at $37 yesterday in my cart to $57 today...and of course out of stock!

Just like yesterday's "site error", another epic fail.[/QUOTE]

You know, maybe that copy you were looking at was sold and the next available copy was that price? It's not like they sell all their used games at the same price, their stuff comes from their different locations which could have different pricings. My friend bought a copy of MVC3 yesterday.

[quote name='randomdud']All of their games are new, though, and I honestly wanted all of them as quick thrills. 10$ new and then I can trade after beating for something else. :D

I got
Army of Two: 40th day
Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon
Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron
Guitar Hero 5
Resistance Retribution
Prince of Persia: the Forgotten Sands
Guitar Hero Smash Hits
Lost Planet 2
Bioshock 2[/QUOTE]

Why it would matter to you if a game was new if it's just a quick thrill that you will dump off later :p. I guess we just have completely different opinions, I don't care what condition most of my games come in as long as I can beat it and pass it along

[quote name='gotdott']You know, maybe that copy you were looking at was sold and the next available copy was that price? It's not like they sell all their used games at the same price, their stuff comes from their different locations which could have different pricings. My friend bought a copy of MVC3 yesterday.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad your friend got in on it, I tried all day yesterday and got site errors. As for the pricing, that doesn't make sense to me. They're a big chain with an incredibly poor website design -- and I highly doubt one venue has different pricing to that degree than another. More likely they did mass online price increases for certain titles that were low in quantity or whatever; once their "site repairs" were completed some went up.

Either way, I just don't believe it's coincidental like you apparently do. Given that Gohastings' in-stock listing is a perennial joke, I don't think their system is set up so that if one copy is sold in one venue then the price adjusts accordingly to the next copy sitting in a different locale. That would be far too complicated given how lousy GH's site is at simple things like indicating whether or not items are in-stock.

well ended up getting one FFXIII, two SSF4 (one for friend), two AC2 (one for friend) and one GOW collection, all for $80 shipped, which is like $13.50 each , not bad

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']LOL at the price increases.

Just like yesterday's "site error", another epic fail.[/QUOTE]

They've always done this... an item has a lower price when it's OoS than when it's in stock. I hate that they do that and I don't understand why they do it other than maybe they price in stock items at the current market rate and some old price for when it's OoS.

Still, they have enough sales and whatnot to make for some great deals... not to mention that most of their (>75%) games are usually in pristine condition.

I ended up getting one order in. Everything I wanted for the 2 orders yesterday was OOS, so I ended up with some scraps.

Picked up
iconps3.gif
Modnation Racers
iconps3.gif
Megamind
iconps3.gif
The Shoot

$49.01 shipped

Hmm it may just be me, but a word of warning on their game shipping.

It's bubbled, and adhesives were falling off on 2 out of the three ps3 games that came for me.

Hope its only a one time occurrance.

Oh and if their previous sale is any indication, they may/could cancel your order even after getting the confirmation, (not the one that said shipped).

I ordered a couple of games off their last b2g1f 1 penny and they canceled 1 out of the 3, charging me full price for the other 2.

You will plat Megamind in 3 hours ;)
I wanted a few games that would have made me some flip money after platting them, but no such luck, 2/3 were out of stock. i went with a crap order of naughty bear, street fighter 4 and bond quantum of solace. i only pay $1 after flipping for a 3 week rental, so it's not bad but eh...

[quote name='Velo214']You will plat Megamind in 3 hours ;)
I wanted a few games that would have made me some flip money after platting them, but no such luck, 2/3 were out of stock. i went with a crap order of naughty bear, street fighter 4 and bond quantum of solace. i only pay $1 after flipping for a 3 week rental, so it's not bad but eh...[/QUOTE]

Awesome! I saw it was co-op so I grabbed it for me and the kid to play.. an easy plat makes it even better.

I just got around to playing that 007 a few weeks ago. It was much better than I had expected it to be. Kick ass trophy score btw.

[quote name='gotdott']Why it would matter to you if a game was new if it's just a quick thrill that you will dump off later :p. I guess we just have completely different opinions, I don't care what condition most of my games come in as long as I can beat it and pass it along[/QUOTE]
I'm going to keep some of them for a long time. But about half I will be putting on my trade list once beaten and I like new games because I am guaranteed manuals and everything then. As long as new games are cheap I go for them, instead of used games. What other people consider good/great condition often isn't the same for me.I'm a neatness whore about my videogame quality.

Well, I got shipping confirmations for both the guides I bought.

Too bad I just realized they had a 4 for $20 promo, instead of getting in on the 2 for $15 deal...

[quote name='Gosha']Anyone know if their PSP games come with case/manual?[/QUOTE]

I've never ordered a PSP game from them, but nearly all of my orders (~30-40 games) came complete.

One out of my three PS3 games got cancelled due to becoming out of stock right after I ordered. Let's see if they give me a hard time cancelling the order.

I can hardly believe they cancel peoples $1 games and still charge full price for the others. I'd be pissed.

When that happens do you guys call and talk to anyone about it? It seems like they'd give you some kind of compensation for something like that. Either let you get another game for a dollar or make the lowest priced game that did ship $1 and refund the difference..

In my case,
First I call them, they said they would submit this $1 title item for a reorder, if it is available they will notify me via e-mail
Then the last mail I got from them is

" I have verified that this item is completely out of stock,
so unfortunately we would not have a way to adjust the price.
If there is anything else that we can help you with please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you, "

The fact that I occasionally found it available on their site, BULLSHIT

[quote name='Lips Of An Agel']In my case,
First I call them, they said they would submit this $1 title item for a reorder, if it is available they will notify me via e-mail
Then the last mail I got from them is

" I have verified that this item is completely out of stock,
so unfortunately we would not have a way to adjust the price.
If there is anything else that we can help you with please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you, "

The fact that I occasionally found it available on their site, BULLSHIT[/QUOTE]
I'd call them and tell them the deal was buy 2 get one not buy 2 get fucked. Maybe not those exact words though.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I can hardly believe they cancel peoples $1 games and still charge full price for the others. I'd be pissed.

When that happens do you guys call and talk to anyone about it? It seems like they'd give you some kind of compensation for something like that. Either let you get another game for a dollar or make the lowest priced game that did ship $1 and refund the difference..[/QUOTE]

it happened to me once and they just email you a form with a packing slip and you send it back...i sold the game locally to a friend though becuase it took them a couple weeks to get that to me, so i cant remember if the shipping was paid for by them...i think it was though

seriously, what are you all bitching about? if they cancel your $1 game, just return everything for a full refund.

i've never had this happen with 100+ games, but then again, I don't buy the latest and greatest games. this doesnt seem to happen on older games.

[quote name='Gosha']Anyone know if their PSP games come with case/manual?[/QUOTE]

I've ordered about 7 or 8 PSP games and they've all complete. Two of them were in bad shape though. A couple looked liked they had just been unwrapped.

My order got canceled (no email yet but each item in my order status is OoS). Bah!

If I didn't have to go to work, I could have gotten my order in early and probably would have had a chance to get everything.

[quote name='Vinny']My order got canceled (no email yet but each item in my order status is OoS). Bah!

If I didn't have to go to work, I could have gotten my order in early and probably would have had a chance to get everything.[/QUOTE]
Not necessarily. I ordered three games in two orders once and two of the games went out of stock and I thought they were going to cancel them. 3 or 4 days later both games shipped.

[quote name='Zin_LG']Not necessarily. I ordered three games in two orders once and two of the games went out of stock and I thought they were going to cancel them. 3 or 4 days later both games shipped.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying they went OoS on the item page or in your actual order status? My actual order status says my ordered items are OoS. And if it stays OoS when their shipping estimate runs out, then they cancel your order.

My 48 hours runs out tonight... so it's likely that mine will be canceled.

[quote name='Vinny']Are you saying they went OoS on the item page or in your actual order status? My actual order status says my ordered items are OoS. And if it stays OoS when their shipping estimate runs out, then they cancel your order.

My 48 hours runs out tonight... so it's likely that mine will be canceled.[/QUOTE]
The actual order status said OoS which of course me me go wtf since I didn't buy them during a sale. The order shipped eventually though.

my order of:

force unleashed 2
need for speed hot pursuit
sly collection

all for ps3, shipped this morning even though it said OOS for sly collection on my order page.

total ~ 66.xx

Got 2 of my games I ordered on the 28th (Bowsers Inside Story + Spirit Tracks) both like new and complete. DQ IX just shipped this morning.

[quote name='Vinny']Are you saying they went OoS on the item page or in your actual order status? My actual order status says my ordered items are OoS. And if it stays OoS when their shipping estimate runs out, then they cancel your order.

My 48 hours runs out tonight... so it's likely that mine will be canceled.[/QUOTE]

all three of mine shipped even though Demon Souls was OoS, so you can't always assume OoS means canceled...good luck with your order

[quote name='realskillz']just ordered all xbox 360 resident evil 5 gold edition, just cause 2 and castlevania for 59 bucks.[/QUOTE]

why did you get gold edition? it its used, its basically like a regular RE5 that you can get for $10

[quote name='VaultDweller']why did you get gold edition? it its used, its basically like a regular RE5 that you can get for $10[/QUOTE]

Bubble_by_lida68.jpg

[quote name='VaultDweller']why did you get gold edition? it its used, its basically like a regular RE5 that you can get for $10[/QUOTE]

Please don't tell me that gold edition comes with a download ticket for the DLC? If so then that person is severely boned!!

[quote name='Nightmarecast25']Please don't tell me that gold edition comes with a download ticket for the DLC? If so then that person is severely boned!![/QUOTE]

The ps3 version has all DLC on the blu-ray, the xbox one is a voucher.

bread's done
Back