Hatred

This is going to get a lot of hate from the media. So is the point of the game to essentially kill as many people as you can before you die? I'm not too sure about this game. 

PC only lame!  I want this on Wii U.  No maybe more on PS3. lol  Anyway, this seems like game you play after working at a customer service job.  You just want to murder everyone complaining about their exaggerated problems.  I want this on Vita.  The irony a game about death on a system named for life.

In for a collector's edition....

I would think PC only is the way to go. Game will most likely be censored if not banned in many regions outside the U.S. therefore it'd be difficult for many people to get physical retail copies.. I don't game on the PC much anymore but I'm assuming it's much easier to get PC games through other venues. 

Not into ultra violent games just cause they're ultra violent but this looks like something I would enjoy tooling around on for a few minutes here and there. Will be fun to see how it's received. 

Holy shit, this is my cup of tea right here. Too bad I'm not a pc gamer. Would buy this ASAP if it was on consoles.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Wikipedia entry is a riot. "We're protesting against color, political correctness, and games as art!" Because as you know, there are so few blood-soaked brown-grey shooters on the market these days. Only EVERYBODY makes them.

Seriously, these guys can bend over on a railroad track with their pants down and wait for the train to arrive. What a bunch of stupid, irresponsible, attention-seeking gits.

The Wikipedia entry is a riot. "We're protesting against color, political correctness, and games as art!" Because as you know, there are so few blood-soaked brown-grey shooters on the market these days. Only EVERYBODY makes them.

Seriously, these guys can bend over on a railroad track with their pants down and wait for the train to arrive. What a bunch of stupid, irresponsible, attention-seeking gits.
If everybody is making this kind of game, then why are they getting such criticism and vitriol such as what you just displayed?

You can't have it both ways. Either this is a unique game that is deserving of the unique response that it's getting from gamers themselves, or it's just another shooter that is undeserving of the criticism it's receiving, because, as you said, everybody makes blood-soaked brown-grey shooters.

Because it takes what's already an obnoxious industry trend to ridiculous extremes. Come on, a mass murder simulation? People are acting like the designers are brave for making this crap, when they're just being tacky and exploitative. We should expect better from developers than this. Just because you can do something awful doesn't mean you should, or should be rewarded for it.

I'm just saying that they are doing something out of the ordinary, which is why they are getting so much flak.

If the trend now is artsy indie games with thinly veiled messages about social issues, then they are bucking the trend I guess.

I like it because they don't use a shield of flimsy context to justify why their game is so violent. The idea of war, America being the policemen of the world, offends me, but that doesn't stop me from playing Call of Duty as long as the gameplay is fun.

Lame, gave it an Adults Only rating.  Just change the skin color to green, the blood to purple, the screaming to random zombie moans, and the story to being the last uninfected human bent on revenge to give the game a Mature rating.

Seems like a whiny kid with some serious issues made this game. "I'll show them, I'll get back at them by making a game to pop some heads. I will name it after them HATRED"

How origenal.

Im glad they are making this game. Im glad it pisses a lot of people off. Im glad its going to extremes. And Im glad its getting an AO rating.

Will the game be good? Eh probablly mediocre at best. But the point is they are pushing the envelope, they are upsetting people and still able to release it. In the long run this will be good for gaming in general because it will open the doors for other developers to make something other than what is safe and acceptable.

Even if they suck and are bad games I want people to make AO rated games with graphic sex and extreme violence in them. Not because I enjoy that stuff so much but because once its out in the open and not so taboo anymore then other developers can bump up their games and go in new directions. Like how rape was taboo is movies, well some underground movies came out in the 60s with it that were awful films but it led to the ability for movies like clockwork orange to feature it and become cinema legend, or movies like they call her one eye used it also and it added a whole new layer to the film and did nothing but add satisfaction to her eventual revenge. Hell even some nudity in a mass effect or dragon age game could benefit it instead of two models still clothed clumsily bumping around and make the pursuit of a love interest more satisfying and beautiful (no it doesnt need to be hardcore).

But I hope this helps break games out of their safe and sterile environment they are in now and allow for a wider variety of games to be made, new forms of expression and so on.

Most of all I dont think any game should be banned simply because banning stuff just because "most people" dont like it just means what we end up with is whats acceptable to the majority, and the majority pretty much suck when it comes to taste. We would end up with watered down and safe games that appeal to the most people as possible while offending the least amount.

And dont forget, if you dont like this game (barring the fact you have never played it yourself and thus have no idea if you like it or not) then dont buy the fucking thing and shut up, it really is that simple. How does what some stranger across the country plays matters to you in any way, shape or form? Worry more about what makes you happy and stop worrying about what complete strangers like or dislike. Stop being judgement, stop saying someone should or shouldnt make a game because youre the very definition of anti freedom, and stop worrying what others play or make. 

If you actually are upset about this game, or have some negative comment to make about the people who make it then you should be overjoyed in life because you have no real problems.

I've been doing this in every open world game I've played since GTA III.  Kill as many civs, run from the cops, die.  Then do it again.  Definitely buying this too.  

Watched the trailers.  There's nothing remotely interesting about their game design, nor is there anything above average about their presentation (the graphics are kinda cool, but the dialogue writing is Goth-kid-in-8th-grade-English-class levels of cringe, and the voice acting is just as bad) so it's obvious that courting controversy was the only chance for such mediocre talents to produce a work that would achieve any modicum of attention or exposure.  Can't knock the hustle, but at the end of the day I imagine the people who actually get duped into paying for this game are going to be the ones *most* offended by this title.  

Wow, so emos are making games now? Good for them.
since when have game designers been the "macho" type?

everybody says they won't play this game, it is getting way too much talk for me to believe that

i see it becoming the nickelback of games, nobody admits to liking them yet they've somehow stuck around for about 15 years now and sell out their concerts

bread's done
Back