Haunt XBLA free thru July 2nd - US only - thru dash with Kinect plugged in!

jdawgg76

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
Access the Kinect Central homepage on the dashboard to get Haunt free according to majornelson. US only.
According to fellow CAGs, you MUST have your Kinect sensor plugged in for the Kinect Central tile to show up in the dash. Thanks for the info CAGs!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shivan128']congrats to those who did not buy it a few weeks back. shaq-fu for the rest of us!![/QUOTE]

Basically. Sunnuvabitch! It'd be nice if they'd do something to compensate us, though you'd sooner see an ice sculpture of a pig sprout wings and flap its way through the depths of hell.

This just gets me all excited to think MSFT might be taking steps in the direction of PS + if so, god help our hard drives! Its about time..easily grabbed Haunt, had the trial downloaded since launch, never played it.

Maybe it's just me, but when I was on xbox.com to snag a .jpg of the boxart I noticed it doesn't show up as "already downloaded" like the trial of it shows (and every other game that I've ever bought on XBLA).

I downloaded the game early this afternoon, so I wonder if this means it won't be available to re-download later if necessary due to the special way it's being offered...I'm not checking too deep into it for fear of it charging me 800.

[quote name='Kerig']Maybe it's just me, but when I was on xbox.com to snag a .jpg of the boxart I noticed it doesn't show up as "already downloaded" like the trial of it shows (and every other game that I've ever bought on XBLA).

I downloaded the game early this afternoon, so I wonder if this means it won't be available to re-download later if necessary due to the special way it's being offered...I'm not checking too deep into it for fear of it charging me 800.[/QUOTE]
It's because this offer is available only to Kinect owners and they're being pretty strict about it. If you need to re-download it you can always just go to download history on your 360 and get it from there.

Here's hoping whenever they get the Minecraft update with Kinect controls that there's an exclusive discount now.

[quote name='Kerig']Maybe it's just me, but when I was on xbox.com to snag a .jpg of the boxart I noticed it doesn't show up as "already downloaded" like the trial of it shows (and every other game that I've ever bought on XBLA).

I downloaded the game early this afternoon, so I wonder if this means it won't be available to re-download later if necessary due to the special way it's being offered...I'm not checking too deep into it for fear of it charging me 800.[/QUOTE]

Just use someone's Xbox that has kinect and download it there.

Yeah, I noticed the same thing when I went to xbox.com. Hopefully that doesn't end up being an issue should I need to re-download it in the future, hopefully the download history thing works fine.

...also hoping this may be the first in a line of free things, even if the others are just Kinect arcade games...

kinda enjoyed it....the in place walking is weird but pretty cool game,

i was able to play it even with my crappy setup..so it must be even better in a good playarea

I was shocked as hell when I saw this on my dashboard yesterday. Still though, I paid 400msp for it and am not the least bit disappointed--well worth it.

I was shocked as hell when I saw this on my dashboard yesterday. Still though, I paid 400msp for it and am not the least bit disappointed--well worth actually spending money on.

I'm in the opposite place, when I spotted it yesterday I thought that it couldn't be legit (either it's a different version, the trial, or something else entirely), so even though I'd already paid and purchased it weeks ago I clicked the tile to download it and when the confirmation page came up, it didn't say "download again" and continued to let me download it like it was a completely different game. When the progress bar showed up though, it jumped from 1% to finished, so clearly it's the same data. That's kinda messed up.

bread's done
Back