Have any of you experienced fixing or sent out your PS3 to be fixed?

nystate

CAGiversary!
Feedback
46 (100%)
My PS3 is loud. It's a 60gb BC model. I haven't played a PS2 game on it in forever. I'm afraid I might get the dreaded YLOD.
15.gif
I clean it all of the time, not as much as I should lol. I'm worried that it might go out. I have been thinking about selling it and buying a slim. I wanna take it apart or get someone to fix it off of Craigslist but I don't know...maybe I should?
Suggestions?

If it's still working I'd sell it and get a slim.

My PS3 got the YLOD. I fixed it on my own, it lasted a month or so. I fixed it again and it lasted less than a month. I then bought a slim.

It being loud though doesn't necessarily mean it's going to die though I don't think.

[quote name='whoknows']If it's still working I'd sell it and get a slim.

My PS3 got the YLOD. I fixed it on my own, it lasted a month or so. I fixed it again and it lasted less than a month. I then bought a slim.

It being loud though doesn't necessarily mean it's going to die though I don't think.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. It sounds like the fan though.

I wouldn't worry about it. 60 giggers are built like tanks. I'm still using my near launch model. I've had Zero issues. I'd just use it till it dies. Its not like they're going for a grand on ebay. In any case, how often are you really playing PS2 and PS1 games? Probably not that often. I've all about forgotten about last gen gaming. This current generation blows the last two generations of 3D gaming out of the water.

FYI, if you want your system to last the long haul just turn it off every few hours. After 2-4 hrs of gaming let it cool down. Also vacuum the air ports every now and then. Every video game system I've owned has lived to see the next generation of consoles replace it. Even my launch PS2 (which were made like trash) lived to get replaced by my PS3.

I was going to go with this but I found a local repair shop that'll do everything including "resoldering" to prevent overheating. The wait time isn't all that important to me seeing as I have a brand new $50 PS2 thanks to TRU & a PSP plus the price isn't too bad $110 tax included.

But this place also offers a good warranty too longer than the 1 I'm getting
http://www.rsolpc.com/ps3/repair/default.htm

Personally have yet to have a system die on me (My 360 or my PS3, knock on wood)

I usually just replaced them when i started getting those death signs (Artifacting, freezing, unreadable discs, etc)

Either way, unless your system was doing something WAAAAY out of the normal, i wouldnt be worried. My first PS3 scared me with some YLOD signs (Kept freezing with RDR, and had to use the Recovery Menu to fix corruptions a few times), and was still running almost half a year later.

bread's done
Back