Have I had too much paracetamol/acetaminafin?

magiic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
144 (100%)
I've had I think 4500mg today. I've also had a couple beers, some rum and an energy drink. I am starting to think I may have dropped the ball on this in frustration because of how sick I am on my birthday. Anyone know the safe limit?

thats not good Im going to go have some more water

EDIT: I am not taking tylenol for what it's worth. I am drinking a cold and flu tea that has paracetamol in it.

EH, if you're not feeling weird or anything I wouldn't worry.
However, drink too much water for the next few days. I'd also really eat a lot of fruits.. in fact, go out and buy some real fruit juice too to help your liver/kidneys out.

Beet juice is great for your liver/kidneys.

facepalm8bu0.jpg

Acetaminophen is pretty benign... until you mix it with alcohol.

Last edited by a moderator:
uhm yeah....just to let you know that much should be causing some problems for you...if not now then you better hope to get it out of your system FAST.

Juice, water and a whole lotta peeing my friend. FYI if you start peeing brown GET TO THE NEAREST HOSPITAL FAST! brown pee means your kidneys are shutting down and you won't make it long without them.

Yellow = fine
Dark yellow = fine
green = stop drinking those monster slurpees
brown = your organs are shutting down
red = dear god call an ambulance

obviously your paracetamol to sauninginal ducts ratio is gonna be waaaaaay out of whack. generally speaking the equivalent of 2 drinks will not cause serious harm to your kidneys or to your ducts, though it can have some symptoms like fever/hotness of the face from swollen ducts/kidneys, bloating, pissing, loss of balance due to constricted arteries decreasing blood flow to your head and ears.

so if you have any of those or the whole pissing brown thing, see your doctor, and quick.

4500mg? That's it? Wuss! Go take a couple vicodin/percocet and call me in the morning.

*note: If you do this, you likely won't be calling me in the morning. Just flush your system for the next couple of days.

I think I am rolling Ok guys. I downed probably 2-3L of water before bed last night and pissed pretty much crystal clear in the morning. I have about a dozen apples to work through today. I feel fine outside of the fact that I am still sick :mad:

Being sick on your birthday is such a kill joy.

Although I imagine liver damage is more of a killjoy

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're not dead now, you should be okay. Liver failure from acetaminophen toxicity is usually pretty fulminant.

Is this like one of those internet suicide things where we are all supposed to say "do it pussy!" and the cops come to our houses later?

Good thing its over, but yea in the future if your skin starts to turn yellowish/orange and feel light headed call a doctor. I believe yellowing/oranging of the skin means goodbye liver (good thing liver can regenerate...but there are limits).

I actually checked my eyes for jaundice before bed because I am just that awesome. I still feel fine now. Been drinking lots of water. Did some flying today down south.

bread's done
Back