Have no clue what this wall hookup is for...

QiG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
Found this next to my cable hook up in my new apartment, no clue what it's for... any ideas?

wallplate.jpg

Colecovision? It reminds me of the old switch hookups that ancient game systems used (basically anything before the NES).

See below:

rfset.jpg

No clue why that would be in your wall though. Maybe you can open it up and see if any wiring in there?

[quote name='zionoverfire']looks like an old antenna hookup[/quote]

Yep, I'm pretty sure that is what it is.

I was hoping it was something like that.. I built the coat hanger antenna over the weekend and it's been working fine except for channel 3 (NBC) I'll yank the balun off and see if this works better

Edit: Must not be hooked up to anything, coat hanger antenna works much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah... I agree with the people in here. It's sad when people don't know what stuff is anymore because it makes me feel that much older...

Those are for zombie tenants. They need the correctly modulated electrical feeds to maintain their undead existence. If they let their charge go low the decomposition of their flesh sets in and they become unable to function in the world of the living.

You probably have never realized how many of your neighbors are zombies. With discipline the self-maintenance keeps the smell within acceptable limits. If there is a guy in your building who never uses the pool, never exposes any more flesh in summer than in winter, always seems to go too heavy on the cologne or in perpetual need of a shower, there is a good chance he is a zombie.

Anyway, those leads made life or unlife easier for zombies by providing the correct modulation from a bulky machine in the basement. At least until they became obsolete. Those machines are now quite small and are usually disguised as things like clock radios that are a little bigger than current models. The style and display technology may seem somewhat retro as zombies tend to lose track of time and whole decades pass for them like a year for the living.

bread's done
Back