Have stuck pixels? Fix them!

tcrash247

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Someone made a video to play on your PSP that will fix dead or stuck pixels. I'm not sure how to do this because I don't have a PSP, but someone can try it out. It has a 60% success rate. You pretty much have nothing to lose. Heres a link to the article and the download of the video.

http://www.psp-vault.com/Article168.psp

Yea I read this on pspforums.com and they said it worked well for stuck pixels not for dead one though but ill give it a try for my 2 dead ones anyway lol.

Well I have some dead pixels and i would love to try this out but if it doesnt work i really dont wanna waste my time. So if this works for anyone please post. Thanks ^_^

[quote name='Strell']Is there an equivalent for LCD monitors? :p[/QUOTE]

That's where the idea came from. It says that right at the top of the page...

And tyrant, are yours stuck or dead? And how long did you leave it running? It needs to run for a few hours at least.

I have 2 stuck (blue) pixels and I'm giving it a shot right now. I'll let the thing run for 5 hours and let you know if it works. The only thing that's kinda weird is that the movie you download in the link doesn't fill the entire screen of the PSP. It's only a 4:3 formatted movie even though the PSP screen is widescreen. So if you have stuck pixels on the extreme edges of your psp, then this thing is not going to help at all.

We'll see what happens...

Okay after 5 or so hours of playing the fix video nonstop my stcuk pixels are... actually better.

One of the two is 100% fixed and I can't even see/find it anymore. The other stuck pixel is improved, but not completely fixed. By improved I mean that it used to stick out like a sore blue thumb when the background was straight black - now it will actually turn black but not as fast as the other pixels. So instead of being stuck, now it's just slow. I'm not sure if it will eventually be 100% fixed if I keep running the video, but it is much improved and I'm quite happy with it.

So overall I would say my experience with the video has been a success!

[quote name='phatbunbao']5 hours!! is it really worth it?[/QUOTE]

I don't know, is it? It all depends on how bad your stuck pixels bother you, and where they are on the screen. If you have a few in the dead center that are bugging the shit out if you, give it a shot. If not, don't worry about it.

Thanks for the heads up OP! I'm glad I tried it.:D

[quote name='Professor Oreo']I have 2 stuck (blue) pixels and I'm giving it a shot right now. I'll let the thing run for 5 hours and let you know if it works. The only thing that's kinda weird is that the movie you download in the link doesn't fill the entire screen of the PSP. It's only a 4:3 formatted movie even though the PSP screen is widescreen. So if you have stuck pixels on the extreme edges of your psp, then this thing is not going to help at all.

We'll see what happens...[/QUOTE]

Couldnt you change the screen mode to normal or full screen?

I heard the dead pixels were supposed to disappear if you used your PSP regulary for 2 weeks, but I didnt have any, so I dont know

[quote name='LiquidNight']I heard the dead pixels were supposed to disappear if you used your PSP regulary for 2 weeks, but I didnt have any, so I dont know[/QUOTE]

Dead pixels will NOT disappear...Stuck pixels are a different story.

There's actually a virus inside the video where it changes your wireless network settings and hackers will make your PSP explode.

//lie

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Couldnt you change the screen mode to normal or full screen?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but I'm a total 'tard and didn't even think about it until you mentioned it. :lol:

Your question has already been answered.

I wonder if this causes any damage to the LCD circuits (i.e. premature death from excess wear & tear)? It would be similar to turning a light on & off repeatedly..... eventually you'll wear out the switch or the bulb.

troy

Dead pixels are a hardware issue. They were damaged in the manufacturing process. No software could fix it. As for stuck pixels... who knows. It may work.

As for wear and tear, if your monitor is on, its refreshing your image 24-85 times every second. What you display really won't affect lifetime.

As I understand LCD displays, only the pixels that have changed are updated. The rest remain in a constant "on" or "off" state, which causes virtually no wear.

But this movie, is constantly switching them on and off..... causing excess stress beyond the norm. In engineering, that's how we do accelerated life testing, in order to kill units in just a few weeks.

troy

[quote name='Quackzilla']The added stress can often make a stuck switch switch. (funny, a noun+verb and they are the same word)[/QUOTE]True, but at the cost of shortening the LCD's lifespan. I'd think long & hard before I used this movie:

(a) fix a stuck pixel, but the added stress shortens my LCD's lifespan from 10 years to 1 year? -or-

(b) Ignore the stuck pixel, and enjoy my LCD for the full 10 years?

As an engineer who has seen how an Accelerated Lifespan Tests can kill a unit in just a few weeks, I'd avoid using this movie. I'd choose option (b).

troy

I forgot I made this topic, so I changed the title to read stuck, sorry about that. And congrats to anyone who gets this to improve your PSP.

bread's done
Back