HAVE YOU BOUGHT A SYSTEM FOR ONE GAME

I bought a jaguar just to play Tempest 2000.
Get yourself a copy of Defender 2000. I started playing the 2000 mode on it (there is 4 different modes) and now I play that almost exclusively. Once you learn the gameplay like T2K its as addictive. You should pick up AVP and Iron Soldier also. Love the Jaguar!

Get yourself a copy of Defender 2000. I started playing the 2000 mode on it (there is 4 different modes) and now I play that almost exclusively. Once you learn the gameplay like T2K its as addictive. You should pick up AVP and Iron Soldier also. Love the Jaguar!
defender 2000 is on my list. The price has gone up on that one though. I would also like to get my hands on missile command 3d , protector se, and Atari karts. Price is an issue on those too. I have avp and iron soldier already. The jaguar is a unique piece of gaming history for sure.

I wouldn't say just for one game but I got them at the time I did because I really wanted to play a game that was out and that's what convinced me to buy the console.

DS--Pokemon Pearl

Wii--Smash Bros

Wii U--Smash Bros

PS4--was waiting on a console I liked and for the Phantom Pain

PS3--Tales of Graces/Xillia/Kingdom Hearts

Bought a playstation 2 when it first came out to play The Bouncer, at that time those were the best graphics I have ever seen in my life lol.. and thought it was completely worth it even though I paid $1000 for the console... omg.. 

I live in Australia, and on launch day it was $1000 AUD... which is $500 USD back then (or less can't remember the exact exchange rate, but i think it was roughly 50 c AUD for $1 USD)

Asked for a Gameboy Color just so I could play pokemon red version. I got a couple more games for it much later but mostly pokemon themed games.

Xbox One for Rock Band 4. Of course there are other games I wanted (KI, DR3, Sunset Overdrive), but Rock Band 4 releasing and all the 360 DLC I have made pull the trigger.

Back when Capcom was going through just starting their retardation phase, I bought a gamecube just to play Resident Evil 4 and the remake.  To this day I own three games for the system still: RE0, RE1 remake, and RE4.  Was a poor investment. . .

Last edited by a moderator:
There's dozens of great games for the GameCube though.
I wouldn't say dozens, but there are quite a few. I never bought a Gamecube. Played all my Gamecube games on my backwards compatible Wii I got a few years after launch. It's great that it can play both, as I would never have bought a Gamecube by itself.

I don't do it just for one game, but there is usually one game that's like the motivating factor.  GTA III for PS2, Last of Us for PS3, and when I do get a PS4 it will be because of Until Dawn.  

bread's done
Back