Have you ever had any BC games Crash on you ?

KingDox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I just started playing Mercenaries on my 360 and the game crashes after a few minutes. I played the Punisher awhile back and I think it crashed on me once. But Mercenaries locks up my 360 like I've never seen.

Do BC games really not work all that great ? Has anyone else had a hard time getting a BC game to work on their 360 ?

I always had issues with framerate and the occasional lockup. I have yet to try any on the refurb unit I have now, but the software emulation hasn't impressed me much so far.

The only issue I have is with my favorite game Sniper Elite which is on the list but won't run in any of the HD settings or in widescreen, other than that I have never had a problem as long as the game is on the list. maybe check that with Mercenaries as well(settings). I do remember people saying that game had issues but I don't remember exactly what they were.

As I can recall, I have had Conker Live and Reloaded freeze up on me. I don't play many other BC games on my 360 otherwise, but Halo 2 and Avatar have been fine for what I have played of them.

I had issues with tearing in Darkwatch, but lately it's been fine...

Pirates worked great... and by far the only one I can remember that was so glitch free... everything has had a few minor issues. I have a friend in Boston who played Half Life 2 to the end with no problems as well....

Morrowind locked up on me after I left the dock... (right after changing my name and all that...)

Mercenaries, Red Dead Revolver, and 007: Nightfire have all froze on me multiple times. The rest of my 57 backwards compatible games have had no problems other than minor framerate problems, but I haven't played most of them all the way through.

[quote name='mcroa7']The only issue I have is with my favorite game Sniper Elite which is on the list but won't run in any of the HD settings or in widescreen, [/QUOTE]
Some games don't support widescreen, it has nothing to do with backwards compatibility.

Silent Hill 2's emulation makes it unplayable. Textures don't load (like walking on a plain white road), it stutters insanely bad sometimes and for some reason certain objects tear, like in the apartments, the cabinets in some rooms have white aliased seams and really detracts from the atmosphere...its just sloppy.

i've actually never used the BC on the 360 before and i still kept all my 360 games. i should bust out psychonauts again.

I have problems with Fable: the Lost Chapters and Tecmo Arcade has never worked for me. :bomb: I just picked up Slient Hill 2, I hope it works.:cry:

[quote name='mogamer']I have problems with Fable: the Lost Chapters and Tecmo Arcade has never worked for me. :bomb: I just picked up Slient Hill 2, I hope it works.:cry:[/QUOTE]

I don't know about Fable but the trick to getting Tecmo Arcade to work is to set your 360 to 480p. Once that is done then boot up the game and it should be fine.

Red Dead Revolver freezes up at the Bad Bessie boss fight. I thought it was my 360...as this was right around when I bought it...however...I found out on the xbox forums it happens when she runs up close to you. It sucks because I was enjoying the game up until that point. I grabbed it on the PS2 recently though so I could play through it. With the exception of that I haven't had any problems with BC.

I've had problems with Fable: TLC as well, it will lock up occasionally forcing me to completely powerdown and restart and the occasional audio glitch. Other than that, KOTOR 2 hasn't crashed on me, but suffers from audio bugs, lots of stuttering and framerate slowdown that make it nearly unplayable.

[quote name='whiptcracker']I've had problems with Fable: TLC as well, it will lock up occasionally forsing me to completely powerdown and restart and the occasional audio glitch. [/quote]

same here.

Munche's Odyssey is fucked up beyond playability. Not because of freezing, but all the dialogue is fucking muffled for no apparent reason.

I fucking hate MS and their fuckind BC list, tons of that shit isn't even playable and yet they advertise it as being playable.

Even Halo 2 (the ONE game they should have gotten right) is unbearable when you have the ghost of some fucking texture stuck on your fucking screen making it impossible to see.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Munche's Odyssey is fucked up beyond playability. Not because of freezing, but all the dialogue is fucking muffled for no apparent reason.

I fucking hate MS and their fuckind BC list, tons of that shit isn't even playable and yet they advertise it as being playable.

Even Halo 2 (the ONE game they should have gotten right) is unbearable when you have the ghost of some fucking texture stuck on your fucking screen making it impossible to see.[/quote]

yeah that's really annoying. happens only sometimes but it's this semi-transparent grayish block texture

Oh yeah, and JSRF has some nasty slowdown, especially on 99th street. Basically you just play the game in slow motion on those levels.

I was able to play all the way through and have a blast, but still, the slowdown is there. I think they updated the emulation by now, but I'm not sure if they've completely fixed the slowdown.

Geez, sounds like BC really isn't up to snuff on these things. I thought I might be the only one having problems.

It's a shame too, xbox games look so good on my Tv when I use my 360.

bread's done
Back