Have you ever walked out during a Movie?

The only movie I've ever walked out on was Australia; not because it was a bad movie but because it was so fucking long my friends and I couldn't sit there any more. It had about 84 false endings and we finally picked the one we were happiest with and left.

I fell asleep during Remember the Titans. I also had a friend who went to see Anger Management and he was pretty drunk. Halfway through the film he stands up and calls Jack Nicholson an A-hole and leaves the theater.

Is this really the bad movie's fault, or your own? What the hell did people expect going to movies like Date Night, Jason Goes to Hell, Epic Movie, Scary Movie 4?

[quote name='looploop']Only once, when I was a kid and our dad made us walk out of "The Fifth Element" a little while after Chris Tucker showed up. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I love that movie, but thought that Chris Tucker's character was unfunny and uninteresting. That stupid whiny voice was actually making me angry. The only thing that saved it was flying cars, Bruce Willis and a mostly naked Milla Jovovich.

I walked out of Species II. What a pile of crap! Got my money back too.

If my husband hadn't been saying, "Oh, it'll get better," I would have walked out of The Last Airbender and tried to get my money back or a pass. That movie sucked so, so, so much more than I thought it would, and my expectations going in were so low already.

[quote name='dmaul1114']No. I know my tastes and I'm pretty selective about what I go to the theater to see so it's rare that I see something that I absolutely hate.[/QUOTE]

This has the plus of meaning you never walk out on anything, or at least you are a lot less likely, but has the downside that you may miss out on movies you would have liked had you given them a try. Going to a movie that you end up disliking, even disliking intensely, like happened to me yesterday with Winter's Bone, still led to a fun and interesting conversation afterward, so I have no regrets about having gone to it at all, and the aftermath made it worth it. Mind you, I didn't know I was going to dislike it - I thought I was going to like it. I'm not suggesting that you should go to movies you're sure you will hate. :) Anyway, just something to think about.

Only once with "The Fast & The Furious" (the first one.) I really didn't want to see it in the first place but a friend dragged me along insisting it was awesome. About 30 minutes in I walked out and skipped into Atlantis, the Disney movie. Which is what I wanted to see in the first place.

I'm gonna get drawn and quartered for this, but when I went with my Dad to see The Wrath of Khan when I was 6, we walked out of it because I didn't like it.

[quote name='2DMention']I'm gonna get drawn and quartered for this, but when I went with my Dad to see The Wrath of Khan when I was 6, we walked out of it because I didn't like it.[/QUOTE]

No you won't. You were SIX!

...You've had time to see the error of your ways.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Is this really the bad movie's fault, or your own? What the hell did people expect going to movies like Date Night, Jason Goes to Hell, Epic Movie, Scary Movie 4?[/QUOTE]

It's the trailers....they can be misleading 75% of the time. Take for example Transformers 2.... the trailer exciting and expected a lot out of it...then when I saw the movie I was like what the fuck is this shit? Of course by that time you have already paid your monies and the studio made millions opening night :(

Another trailer was for Shutter Island...I thought it was going to be a so so movie and considering the release problems behind it I thought it was going to flop...the movie turned out to be good...not great but good..with a nice twist at the end.

Sherlock homes ...holy crap the first 40 mins of it bored and confused the hell out of me...wanted to just leave but then got better.

The early trailer for The Wolfman made it look incredible, but I haven't heard very good things about it. I enjoyed Sherlock Holmes a bit more than I expected to tell ya the truth.

[quote name='DrSodaberg']The early trailer for The Wolfman made it look incredible, but I haven't heard very good things about it. I enjoyed Sherlock Holmes a bit more than I expected to tell ya the truth.[/QUOTE]

it was an ok movie... I was kinda excited to see it. They really need to remake Frankenstein for the 1000 time...im sure the visual effects will be good... yes I know he was in Van Helsing....

[quote name='ITDEFX']1, 2 or 3?[/QUOTE]

The first one. After that, I didn't go back to watch the other ones, obviously.

I've never walked out of a movie... But I really, really wanted to during The Haunting in Connecticut. At least I wasn't the one that paid.

When i was younger i would go to the movies every other week, so i did get to walk out of a few aweful movies.
1.- Baby Geniuses (stupidest movie ever)
2.- Master and Commander "with russell crowe" ( so boring, and I couldn't understand that english accent)
3.- Alexander ( it was late and it was loooong, I fell asleep for 20min then walked out)

I've noticed more people nowadays feel the need to loudly comment about movies in threatres so others can hear. I never noticed this when I was younger. I don't know what to attribute it to--either the internet making everyone feel as though they can be a critic, or social networking which makes everyone feel as though their supposedly unique opinion matters.

[quote name='ITDEFX']

That reminds me, Cloverfield...I know a lot of people hated it, but some people had that motion sickness in the first 20 minutes (rob's party). Did anyone get a refund for that motion sickness?[/QUOTE]

My girl got a refund due to motion sickness for cloverfield and avatar imax 3d.

Only movie I walked out on was Twilight (first one). My girl just kept hearing me sigh over and over and just said ,"yea this sucks, go watch transporter 3 and i'll meet you when its over." she knew it sucked but had to watch it because she was a fan. Man, did the most recent one suck balls, too. The fight time in this movie was like 5 minutes or less. Seriously.

Someone said they walked out of happy feet...Why?! this movie was soooo good!

I've never walked out of a movie in a theater, but if I did see Mouse Hunt in the theater, I would have walked out. My parents insisted we rent it, and I complained so much that I wanted to go play the Genesis game I rented that they eventually let me go. It was bad, and the game was good.

The audio mix was horrible, too. It was hard to hear the voices.

I think I walked out of a movie but can't remember which. Almost walked out of Quarantine and almost tossed my lunch during it. Stupid camera bullshit.

I was so tempted to walk out of Brothers, but I was with people who wanted to see it, so I stayed.
Terrible movie.

[quote name='strayfoxx']I've noticed more people nowadays feel the need to loudly comment about movies in threatres so others can hear. I never noticed this when I was younger. I don't know what to attribute it to--either the internet making everyone feel as though they can be a critic, or social networking which makes everyone feel as though their supposedly unique opinion matters.[/QUOTE]

This is a big reason why I watch matanees and avoid evening shows. Theather edicit is non-existant nowadays. I wish ushers would do their jobs and kick people out who countinously disrupt a movie.

Play Theathers do not stand for this. The last play I went to a cellphone went off and everyone in the theather gasped, turned around and gave Mr. Cellphone the stink eye. I wish Movie Theathers would adopt this mentality.

The only one I've ever walked out of is Bolt. There are many I've wanted to walk out of though (Bee Movie, Blindness, and some others I cant think of)

[quote name='ivandrz']
3.- Alexander ( it was late and it was loooong, I fell asleep for 20min then walked out)[/QUOTE]

Did you watch the Gay Edition? The Extra Gay Edition? Or the Not-So-Gay-But-Still-Kinda Edition

Walked out of The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor. The shitastic camera was making me sick, and my husband and me were getting sick of the terrible "humor" anyway.

^ Holy shit, I'm with you 100% on that one. I watched that On-Demand a week or so ago and it was so godawful.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Walked out of The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor. The shitastic camera was making me sick, and my husband and me were getting sick of the terrible "humor" anyway.[/QUOTE]

Glad I skipped this at netflixed it instead.... boy what a shit fest.. I missed Emoteph (sp?).

OT: Btw, when did u get married?

Walked out on the new texas Chainsaw Massacre, the one with Jessica Biel. I went with my sons Mom when we were together, She started freaking out like 15 minutes in. They gave us a refund and we saw kill Bill: Volume One instead. I want to call her a Bitch but, kill Bill was the far superior movie anyway.

[quote name='whoknows']The only one I've ever walked out of is Bolt. There are many I've wanted to walk out of though (Bee Movie, Blindness, and some others I cant think of)[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Bolt? I love that movie.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Walked out of The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor. The shitastic camera was making me sick, and my husband and me were getting sick of the terrible "humor" anyway.[/QUOTE]

The third Mummy sucked so hard. Saw it at a friend's house, and I kept laughing at how bad it was, when my friend's girlfriend was all gaga over The Rock in it.

The only movie I almost walked out of was Open Water and actually it would've been that we(a friend and I) would've drove out, since we were at a drive-in watching it.

The only good part of that movie was the credit.

[quote name='Jessfest']The third Mummy sucked so hard. Saw it at a friend's house, and I kept laughing at how bad it was, when my friend's girlfriend was all gaga over The Rock in it.[/QUOTE]

The Rock was in the second Mummy film as in "The Mummy Returns." Not that you are far off on the awfulness.

Personally I've never walked out on a movie at the theater since I only go to movies that appeal to me. The closest I've been to walking out was the horrible Nightmare On Elm Street reboot. Sorry but that dreck did absolutely nothing for me.

I swear I really tried I really really tried. I stayed for like 80% of the movie hoping a actual plot would subtlely rise and I would not have just wasted two hours of my life. The last two movies was Transformers 2 when the Twin blew up devastators head (weak!!!) and district 9 up to wear he gets the suit and starts killing everything. I don't mind campy movies, loved the live action GI Joe, and Transformers 1. I just don't like movies that in my humble opinion have no plots are pretty much just done for the big explosion seems. That reminds me add the 2nd Pirates of the Carribean to the list. Never even wanted to see the 3rd one and when I went to home to visit my family in Hawaii we happened to see the black pearl being filmed out ewa beach side. Doubt I'll see that either. But as always these are just my humble opinions and like my dad says opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one and they don't think their own ever stinks.

I shoulda been clearer on my last post. Apparently it looks like they are currently filming Pirates OTC 4 or maybe a spin-off or prequell, who knows and I don't really care. I real like the first Pirates but if 4 is anything like 2 or 3 with a totally convoluted plot I probably won't go to the theater.

I walked out of the Matrix Reloaded after less than 15mins! fucking boring!I don't get the big deal about people in trench coats and ray bans talking all sci-fi the whole damn movie! I walked my ass right next door to Xmen 2....I really wasn't disappointed with that movie!

Scorpion King was better than The Mummy 3. Because, despite being cheesy, it maintained continuity and had at least some camp value. Mummy 3 was a pure cash-in hackjob. Evident by them not even bothering to write out Rachel Weisz's character and have Maria Bello wreck the movie's continuity from the start. Jet Li, Michelle Yeoh, and that foxy young Asian chick were good. But Brendan Frasier brought too much of his "kids movie" typecasting that he unfortunately acquired, which is destroying the career he was building. Guy needs to fire his agent and play a serial killer or something, pronto.

[quote name='Chronicle79']I shoulda been clearer on my last post. Apparently it looks like they are currently filming Pirates OTC 4 or maybe a spin-off or prequell, who knows and I don't really care. I real like the first Pirates but if 4 is anything like 2 or 3 with a totally convoluted plot I probably won't go to the theater.[/QUOTE]

Oh, it's going to be good. Ian McShane ("Swegen" from Deadwood) is going to play Blackbeard and Penelope Cruz his daughter. Effectively removing any doubts that Bloom and Knightly jointly abandoning ship (no pun intended) will ruin the franchise, but will restore it after the convoluted finale to the original trilogy. I just hope Pintel and Raggetti will be in it.

Nope, either I'm more tolerant or I'm just better at picking movies (I don't go that often). Worst movie I think I've seen in the theater is the Matrix 2, but it wasn't so terrible that I walked out, I just sure as hell didn't pay to see the third one. Just like video games, music, what-have-you, 90% is total shit. Just total fucking shit - made as a money grab from uninformed people who are bored and loose with their money. Be more selective and not only will you see better movies, but you won't be funding as many shitty ones. You can usually tell from the trailers and there's always rotten tomatoes now.

Yes. Jurassic Park 3; I enjoy it now but the first time I saw it I couldn't get over how bad it was. The lake house as well. Went with a girl on a date. The hole in the popcorn just wasn't big enough to keep me from wanting to get out of that theater.

[quote name='digital83']I walked out of the Matrix Reloaded after less than 15mins! fucking boring!I don't get the big deal about people in trench coats and ray bans talking all sci-fi the whole damn movie! I walked my ass right next door to Xmen 2....I really wasn't disappointed with that movie![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hate how the original didn't clue you in on that shit.

Yes, though I don't remember the film, it was that bad. It was the one where a guy meets a girl in Paris and they have a fling (I think there was a cable car in the movie, but maybe not). There might have been a sequel, also.

I should have walked out of that crapfest, "Solaris".

Edit: Found it: "Before Sunrise".

I shouldve walked out on funny people. I had a friend walk out on don't mess with the zohan. I unfortunately saw that movie all the way through.

Be kind rewind was pretty crappy too. Saw it for free though since one of my fraternity brothers was a manager at a theater near my alumnus

bread's done
Back