Have you ever walked out of a movie in a theater? If yes, which film(s)?

Haha Mrs. Doubtfire wasn't that bad, I mean it's probably robin williams best movie (not saying much). I've walked out of one movie - Last Action Hero because I was about 4 years old (which is really a good age to be seeing an R rated movie) and was scared of something (the terrible plot?) so we left.

I walked out of Austin Powers 3: Gold Member. However, it wasn't my choice. My friends and I were removed for enjoying ourselves too much (we were laughing very loudly and when asked to stop we couldn't help it).

[quote name='sevdustflyer']Haha Mrs. Doubtfire wasn't that bad, I mean it's probably robin williams best movie (not saying much). I've walked out of one movie - Last Action Hero because I was about 4 years old (which is really a good age to be seeing an R rated movie) and was scared of something (the terrible plot?) so we left.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it was in the mood I was in but for some reason, Robin Williams was really getting on my nerves. What happened was the film broke 4/5 of the way of its screening. A manager came out and said that it will take 15 minutes to repair the film and the theater was offering money back to those people who were not happy. I took the money.

I didn't walk out but I was tempted too on Alexander. I remember when I was a kid I saw Gettsyburg with my father and I fell asleep. But of course that movie had an intermission it was so long.

The wallace and gromit movie. piece of shit. It was boring as hell and it looked like my brothers weren't enjoying it either so we went home. I also turned off anger management after about 30 mins, but that was on dvd.

nope i can't remember a movie i've walked out of. But i remember watching Envy and it was one of the shittiest movies ever, but the dvd was scratched so i never got to find out what happens at the end.

[quote name='varsitygamer']Open Water

and

History of Violence

And for the record, it takes a REALLY BAD MOVIE to make me walk out.[/QUOTE]

Why didn't you like Open Water? Not what you expected?

[quote name='mykevermin']Chojin densetsu urotsudoji, a/k/a Legend of the Overfiend. Way too much demon cock.[/QUOTE]

:lol: I can't believe they would even try to show that in a theater.

I don't think I ever have walked out before but I know I was damn close with Batman Returns.

speed 2...i had to go to work and since the movie was free(my friend worked there) i walked out...to this day i havent watched the end of it...probably one of the worst sequels ever

[quote name='docvinh']I've never walked out of a movie, if I paid money to see it, fucking right I'm going to watch the whole thing, even if it does suck.[/QUOTE]

Same.

[quote name='varsitygamer']Open Water

and

History of Violence

And for the record, it takes a REALLY BAD MOVIE to make me walk out.[/QUOTE]

I thought "History of Violence" was one of the best movies I've seen last year. I'm a little shocked.

"Open Water" I can understand....Its not for everyone

I think the only movie I ever wanted to walk out of was "how high" I couldn't though cause my sister and her BF was like you wanna go to the budget movies. I said yes had no internet at the time, and their was nothing else to see. I figured at its best it could be a bad cheech and chong which are bad-ok movies. I did not drive so I could not leave which I wanted about an hour in I went out of the theater and start playing games in the arcade. I will say that I try to research a movie as much as possible when I'm going to go a theater or you could say that I only go when their is something that I want to watch.

I agree with Doc; I paid to see it, I'm going to give it every chance to make its case.

I've never once walked out of a film, but the last time I felt sorely tempted was while suffering through The Rules of Attraction, with James Van Der Beek and Shannon Sossamyn. Utter twaddle; hated it from start to finish. Still watched every frame.

[quote name='WittyNickname']I agree with Doc; I paid to see it, I'm going to give it every chance to make its case.

I've never once walked out of a film, but the last time I felt sorely tempted was while suffering through The Rules of Attraction, with James Van Der Beek and Shannon Sossamyn. Utter twaddle; hated it from start to finish. Still watched every frame.[/QUOTE]

Why not just leave and go to a different film?

That's what I did with The Hours... Thank god.

Only one I've ever walked out of was The Order with Heath Ledger. Three contributing factors:

1) I was in Orlando by myself for a conference and had a few hours to kill
2) There were only two or three other people in this massive theater in the middle of the day
3) The movie made absolutely no sense in the half hour or 45 minutes I was staring at the screen in utter confusion.

A friend and I walked OUT of the Aristocrats even though it was near the end, so we could catch the end of some other independent/foreign flick that was playing in that movie house.

[quote name='Xevious']I thought "History of Violence" was one of the best movies I've seen last year. I'm a little shocked.

"Open Water" I can understand....Its not for everyone[/QUOTE]

I agree w/you on History of Violence. That was a great movie. I've walked out of Chronicles of Riddick and Kung-Fu Hustle. I know a lot of people here liked KFH but it just wasn't what I expected. BTW, if you leave before the halfway point you can get a refund or at least a pass for another movie.

I don't remember what it was called... that one with Robin Williams being the doctor with the jokes... me and my friend got bored and opted to go by a starter deck of that new Pokemon card game we found in Wizards on the way to the theatre. (Yeah, it ws a long tiem ago...)

I didn't make it through that La Blue Girl vid I borrowed to try and see what the big deal with hentai was... I gave up at 'hairpins' :shock: :whistle2:# :whistle2:s

Battlefield Earth. Worst movie ever. Maybe if they labeled it a comedy, I would have stuck around till the end.

[quote name='neocisco']I've walked out of Chronicles of Riddick and Kung-Fu Hustle. [/QUOTE]

I've never walked out on anything myself (I tend to only go to the theaters when there's something I must see or my friends are dead set on a good movie with solid reviews), but almost everyone I've talked to has said that Chronicles of Riddick was one of the worst movies they've ever sat through/walked out on.

My roommate's anecdote was better, though. He decided to sit through the entire thing, regardless. The second the movie ended he turned to another friend and said "You owe me for this!" and his friend's response was a bowing his head in shame and replying, "Yeah, I thought as much..."

[quote name='DuelLadyS']I don't remember what it was called... that one with Robin Williams being the doctor with the jokes... me and my friend got bored and opted to go by a starter deck of that new Pokemon card game we found in Wizards on the way to the theatre. (Yeah, it ws a long tiem ago...)

I didn't make it through that La Blue Girl vid I borrowed to try and see what the big deal with hentai was... I gave up at 'hairpins' :shock: :whistle2:# :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

Patch Adams?

Walked out on Dream Catcher, Urban Legends 2, and Freddy vs Jason.

FVJ wasn't because the movie was horrible or anything, but it was because the theatre was so filled with ghetto bitches we thought someone was gonna pop out with a camera and say we were on tv as a prank.

"OOOO DAT AINT MIKE, RUN BITCH RUN!!!!"

One movie I refused to continue watching was Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas... i guess i was too hyped about it after hearing so much good buzz about it... but also, I didn't get enough sleep that day and had to go to work the next.

It was just too wierd... I guess I should give it a second chance, it's been so many years since then.

Fell asleep watching the English Patient. It was my girlfriend's idea to go watch it (my wife now). The funniest thing is...she also fell asleep!
What a freaking boring movie.

bread's done
Back