have you made any friends on cag?

I figured once I put my psn ID on here people would be adding me more frequently. All I ever get is people from Little Big Planet trying to get that 'friends' trophy.

[quote name='eldergamer']I figured once I put my psn ID on here people would be adding me more frequently. All I ever get is people from Little Big Planet trying to get that 'friends' trophy.[/QUOTE]
I think sometimes folks are just looking to trophy boost and hoping that the person they add will have the same games and play them regularly.

I'm just an open world game player and I'm usually exploring the Grand Theft Auto game world through the various glitches(such as going under the map and flying into buildings you can't normally access;)) and just putzing around in general in the game.

I did have someone add me from here because we were supposed to play Mercenaries 2 co-op to boost trophies and what not, but the only thing I've ever done with Mercs 2 since I started playing it again was activate the cheat codes and nuke whole sections of the cities in the game.;):evil:

It's just too much fun to watch the huge mushroom cloud eclipse everything and then watch the buildings implode on themselves.:D

Either that or ordering airstrikes on the major highways and just crumbling them into dust.:D

[quote name='AsobiSeksu']No, I don't post often. I was mostly a lurker, until recently. I come here off and on.[/QUOTE]

thats what she said

This is actually a very interesting thread to me, where I'm very glad it was made.

I made MANY friends on CAG. MANY of them I played on PSN, XBL, Wii online games, have added as friends on Facebook, have as followers (and I follow too) on Twitter, have some of their cell #'s (we text each other and sometimes call one another up), and so on. I easily have over 100 pretty good friends on CAG (most of ya'll should know who you are).

When it comes to actually meeting CAG friends in real life, I actually met and know a decent number of them. I never really met the CAGs in my area back when I lived in Indiana, but I met a ton ever since I moved to Maryland around 2 years ago:
  • 2003SVTCOBRA - Co-worker of mine. Didn't know each other posted on CAG until I discussed about the site (when he was looking at slickdeals). Been to local arcade, mountain biking, played a bunch of PSN games, and see each other daily at work.
  • Anime12478 - Went to college together (different majors). Both were in DDR Club together, played games online, offline DS multi-player, and talk a lot.
  • Barnolde - While he comes from CT, he went to college in the state of MD for a period of time. We met up in Ocean City once, and he stayed at my place for a few days since he needed a place to stay while attending Deathfest in Baltimore, MD. He's technically the person I've known online the longest (since 2001)
  • dwhelan - We met up at Dave & Busters three times for CAG meet-ups. I was even on a podcast with him before.
  • Flaming Moogles - Probably my most similar friend in the area. We have hung out together at Katsucon for a day, went snowboarding together, and talk a lot.
  • GenDV138 - Met up at Dave & Busters twice. Plan to do many things together in the future. Talk all the time.
  • GNitro - I went to his birthday at DuClaw. Met at Dave & Busters three times. We hung out at Otakon/Katsucon together. Went to a Christmas party he held before. Talk quite often.
  • Ind1fference - We met up at Dave & Busters three times, spent together at the PlayStation Move event in DC, did podcast together (I showed up), and we talk a lot.
  • InuFaye - We went to King's Dominion together in VA.
  • Kevlar51 - We met up at Dave & Busters three times.
  • MCalvert1 - We met up at Dave & Busters three times
  • midnite - We met up at Dave & Busters once, along with Katsucon.
  • nightmare452 - We hung out at Katsucon and Otakon. We both went to Dave & Busters three times. We also talk quite a bit.
  • The Great BM - We met up at Dave & Busters three times, along with seeing each other at the PlayStation Move event in DC.
  • the_punisher - We met up at Otakon. Been meaning to meet-up with each other for a while.

There are a bunch of others I did not meet up with yet, but either came close or see it happening in the near future like: aosora13, Frankski, hostyl1, ihadFG, kazo, maxgle, mm2barry, oscargrouch, PapiChullo, PhrostByte (if he comes back to the U.S.), PraireD0G, raizanillusion, ramatut4001, The Punisher (not the same one as before I mentioned), and others. Basically, many CAGs in MD or Northern VA (or part of PA) have a good chance of meeting up with me if they want (I'm very open to it). Some others like IRHari, Mirthoneist, etc. I came close to meeting up with, but didn't happen since they weren't aware I was attending an event.

I probably met up with others and forgot though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='helluvagood']Same.[/QUOTE]
dude i read that 3 times before i saw you wrote 'Same' not "Shame"

Only person I've met on CAG was Tybee I think i got him a copy of Disney Meteos? Sure I'd love to meet more CAGs but I can't even make time to make it to the CAG Red Faction night and that's every thursday for months now. Sometimes always comes up and since I'm the only one who can do it.. my time is not my own.

[quote name='eldergamer']I figured once I put my psn ID on here people would be adding me more frequently. All I ever get is people from Little Big Planet trying to get that 'friends' trophy.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean, I added my xboxlive gamertag up on here. I don't think I have ever had a single friend request from anyone on here.

[quote name='tiredfornow']I met my best of best friends JohnnyFoxDarko on CAG. We hang out everyday together, drink alot of beer together, and sometimes smoke a lil weed together. I would've gone off the deep end if it weren't for his brown self.[/QUOTE]

heck yeah man i knew we were best friends

anyway, besides tfn, i have hung out with:
darthbudge
mr anderson

welp i guess that's it..

bread's done
Back