Haven't played b-ball in a decade. Need shoe suggestions...

strayfoxx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
The graduate students at my campus are putting a quasi-basketball league together. I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a good, moderately priced pair of basketball shoes. Any there any specific brands or models I should look into, or avoid?

I haven't played since I taught high school in a Teachers Vs. Cops Charity Game. The Cops lost-- their energy petered out by the 3rd quarter.

I have Jordan Melo M4's....great/comfortable shoe...

jordanmelom4black1.jpg

[quote name='Malik112099']I have Jordan Melo M4's....great/comfortable shoe...

jordanmelom4black1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Those looks expensive, and he doesn't seem like he will need shoes that expensive.

I have never tried these but people say that the Stephon Marbury shoes are pretty good for cheap.

Modern basketball shoes are hillarious. Some of them look like you just jammed your feet into some giant marshmallows.

Just go to the shoe store and buy a pair that is comfortable. Get some generic Nike's, no need to pay a shitload for NBA player's shoe.

Wear some Crocs. People will be too busy ROFLing at you to guard you. It should give you a few more chances to lay that brick wall.

The Lebron VI and Soldier III are both very good shoes. The VI's are hard to find in stores but are all over ebay. The Soldier's are in every shoe store known to man. Be careful of counterfeits if you decide to get shoes off of ebay though. I have had many ankle injuries in the past and with these two shoes, that hasn't been a problem.

Hyperize, and Hyperdunk's by Nike are also very good shoes.

[quote name='DT778']Just go to the shoe store and buy a pair that is comfortable. Get some generic Nike's, no need to pay a shitload for NBA player's shoe.[/QUOTE]

That's what I might do. I'm struggling to remember what brand I wore when I played in high school. All I remember was that Reebok Blacktops were terrible....

Thanks M. Scott for your advice.

[quote name='strayfoxx']That's what I might do. I'm struggling to remember what brand I wore when I played in high school. All I remember was that Reebok Blacktops were terrible....

Thanks M. Scott for your advice.[/QUOTE]

Wow, Reebok Blacktops, I remember those. I had a pair, and yeah, they did suck. They came with a nifty little tag though.

Holy shit, I came in here to post about Reebok Blacktops only to find them addressed twice already.

I never played Basketball but I wanted all black shoes.

Find some old school Pumps.

bread's done
Back