Haven't received 2 month old Half.com order

icedrake523

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
I placed an order for a book on Half.com on Feb 27th. The seller had over 100 feedback and virtually all positive. They say they shipped it March 5th and gave me a tracking number.

The book is for my own interest, don't need it for school or anything, so I was in no rush to get it. But It's been almost 2 months since it shipped and the tracking info on USPS is the: "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on March 5, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. No further information is available for this item."

It was shipped Media Mail, usually those tracking #s aren't updated till after you receive it. But it could also be the case that they didn't ship it.

I sent them a message a couple weeks ago saying I haven't received it but I've not gotten a reply.

I've never had this happen to me before. So, what should I do next? Try contacting the seller? Half.com?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']definitely contact support

Just out of curiosity , why did you wait so long ?[/QUOTE]

3 reasons:
I would forget about it for a few days
It is through Media Mail which is notoriously slow (took about month for TRU to get games I traded in to them)
The book was a decent price since it's out of print so I didn't mind waiting

I just filed a Buyer Protection Claim. Good thing I did it now since it's been about 55 days and you have to do it within 60. Glad I didn't have to pay for my stupidity on this.

I meant Media Mail in my first post. The TRU trade in was Parcel Post but that took awhile and Media Mail is even slower in my experience. The Pony Express was probably faster.

bread's done
Back