Having a little bit of driver trouble

Mr. Anderson

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
I've been working on getting my PC up and running correctly for a LONG time, and I thought everything was fine.

However, I woke up this morning and after a while I get the blue screen of death. Now I had already had this happen to me the other day, as my video card wasn't getting enough power. I just re-routed the power cables from my power supply and that seemed to work. The error was BAD_POOL_CALLER, by the way.

This was a different message, though, something to do with drivers not working correctly. I've already un- and re-installed my nVidia drivers, and I'm hoping that will take care of the problem. When the blue screen popped it up, it said something to the effect of IRQL_DRIVER_NOT_LOWER_OR_EQUAL.

Do I need to disable some other video driver to allow the nVidia card to run smoothly? Everything was going fine, so I don't know why this happened. As of now, my computer seems to be working ok, but all these blue screenies are really starting to grind my gears.

Any help or insight is greatly appreciated!

Did you happen to catch what the STOP code was (Starts with a 0x......)
Next time you get a BSoD, (I second that BSoD Grinding my Gears as I work as an IT Tech for a living) try to get the code.
I'll keep an eye on this thread...

I've had some issues with nvidia drivers before. I was told to always uninstall any previous drivers before updating to the new ones, rather than just installing over the old ones. That might help, or its at least worth a try.

The blue screen messages are kind of misleading sometimes. I actually had that same IRQL driver error because I was using an unstable overclock setup. I would go back to onboard video for a while (if possible) and see if the crashes stop. Then you'll know that it's either the bus, card, or drivers.

bread's done
Back