Having a weird problem with my PS3- turning to CAG for help

wishlish

CAGiversary!
I bought my 60 GB backward compatible PS3 non-slim less than a year ago from GameStop, upgraded the hard drive, and am having a lot of fun. It's hooked up to my PC monitor via HDMI for video, and component for audio to my PC speakers.

Lately, I have a weird bug. When I turn it on, I rarely get a viewable picture- I'll see glimpses, but nothing viewable. I can log in without seeing the picture, but I can't see anything. However, if I eject whatever disc is in the PS3 and then re-insert, everything's fine once either the game or movie starts, and it stays fine even when I turn the game/movie off and go back to the menu. It stays this way until I turn the machine off.

Any idea what's up? Bad cable? Bad monitor (the monitor is giving me no trouble otherwise- I use it all day for my PC, as I work from home)? Bad settings? Bad luck?

Much love in advance. I've tried googling, but honestly, I really don't know where to begin.

Whenever I have issues with the video on my PS3 not showing up over HDMI when I power it on, I will power it on while holding my finger down on the I/O "button" until it starts up and I hear a beep. If I still dont see a picture after I hear a beep, I shut it back down and do the same thing again until it starts up with the video working.

Basically, when you touch the "I/O" to turn it on, keep your finger pressed down on it until the PS3 powers up an beeps...if it doesnt work, shut it down and try again...

Hope that helps. Good luck resolving your issue.

RROD - I cannot remember whether it is 3 or 5 seconds, but holding down the button effectively resets the video selection option, which should work every time.

[quote name='jmbreci']RROD - I cannot remember whether it is 3 or 5 seconds, but holding down the button effectively resets the video selection option, which should work every time.[/QUOTE]

I gotta ask, what is the point of having two trophy cards in your signature? Why the need to show duplicate information to inflate the size of a signature?

Tried it, but it didn't work. Ugh...starting to wonder if there's another problem with either the monitor, the cable, or the PS3 itself...

Have you tried messing with the settings on the PS3? I'm not in front of my PS3 at the moment, so I can't remember explicitly what's on there, but try messing with the settings for that (1080 vs. 720, source input, etc.).

bread's done
Back