HBO DVD sets 60% off at BestBuy.com

this is about the only way people will buy these sets

hbo is off their rocker with their crazy pricing.

Well, turns out the sale wasn't running at my store, but they price-matched the website's prices. I grabbed the first 5 Curb Your Enthusiasm's, and a friend of mine grabbed season 1 of Big Love.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='argyle']I called, the lady said "just on-line." But she didn't even hesitate, so either she actually knew or she was just getting me off the phone.

I'd like to save the $10 shipping on Curb if it IS good in-store....hrmmm...decisions....[/quote]

Weird, I just called my store in CO and the gal said without hesitation, they WILL match the website, but alas both seasons of Rome are out of stock. So, try another staff member!

[quote name='gsr']this is about the only way people will buy these sets

hbo is off their rocker with their crazy pricing.[/QUOTE]

Word.

I would LOVE some of the crack HBO's Department Of DVD Pricing is smoking, that stuff has to be KILLER!

Picked up Ali G: Compleet Seereez, Curb your enthusiasm Seasons 2 and 3, and Flight of the Conchords on an impulse buy. Now I just got to find the time to sit and watch them all.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Why does Best Buy have a weird looking box for Band of Brothers? There is only one release of it right?[/quote]

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. As far as I can tell the one on Best Buy's website is a wider widescreen than the normal set. However, if it comes in less impressive packaging I may not bite.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Extras any good?[/quote]

Extras is really funny. Ricky Gervais and Steven Merchant are hilarious. I'd pick it up too if I didn't have to start saving for christmas presents.

[quote name='Filbert']I'd like to know the answer to this as well. As far as I can tell the one on Best Buy's website is a wider widescreen than the normal set. However, if it comes in less impressive packaging I may not bite.[/quote]

I bought the tin box set from BB on bf and when I tried registering it on dvdspot.com it showed several versions http://dvdspot.com/search.php?search=titleupc&query=band+of+brothers
weird thing about that is that I entered the upc for the tin box but it poped up the weird looking pic.:roll:

I just got the 5 seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm. I really wanted to get Ali G and Band of Brothers, but I really shouldn't be buying any of them, just cant resist curb! I actually don't own any DVD's, I hope this does not start me on buying movies and stuff now.

[quote name='coolcps']I just got the 5 seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm. I really wanted to get Ali G and Band of Brothers, but I really shouldn't be buying any of them, just cant resist curb! I actually don't own any DVD's, I hope this does not start me on buying movies and stuff now.[/QUOTE]

How is it possible not to own any DVD's? I can't even comprehend such a thing. Oh well, enjoy Curb!

Man I just noticed this sale and thought I might have missed it but luckily Band of Brothers was still available. I finally watched it in like March this year and it's probably the greatest thing since sliced bread. I think the army should just forget its recruitment videos and just give copies of this out to people. I mean, even though I don't agree with the war in Iraq, I felt obligated to serve my country after watching this.

Jesus. Only one person in here besides me tempted by Deadwood? Bunch a degenerate philistine cocksuckers, I tell ya.

Damn... too late. I wish I could get the whole sex and the city set... any chance things will come back in stock?

I went ahead and bought the Band of Brothers set despite it only being $1 cheaper than an Amazon Gold Box Quick Pick for me today. I hope it isn't some cheap cardboard box packaging.

Band of Brother comes in a tin, but then they have those "folders" that unfold. It is like Fraggle Rock and West Wing, go to Amazon, they have pictures to explain it. :)

No I've seen it, by cousin had one. I like it. I just fear that since the one on Best Buy's website has a different picture and different aspect ratio that it might be in cheaper packaging.

Got Deadwood, Mr Show, and Extras in store. They were all tossed into one huge HBO bin and required a little excavation to get them out.

Had to "match" the website prices at the customer service desk though.

No luck finding Flight of the Conchords.

Picked up both Extras today, in store. Store even printed off the price from their website for me. They had everything still; 4-5 copies of Conchords, all the Deadwoods and Wires, etc. Nice spot on shelf too, nothing in a bin or anything.

[quote name='saldogg']just got $12 refunded to my credit card from a black friday online purchase... bb is so great[/quote]

I need to do that tomorrow. I ordered Sex and the City and Six Feet Under on Thanksgiving.

Rome, Band of Brothers, and Curb Season 3 (crazy eyez killa is like the best ep ever) for 85 shipped. awesome deal!

Amazon has equaled some of the prices now. I'm not sure which ones, Curb is one of them. Go buy that to those of you who haven't. I'm hoping they drop Entourage, just so I can save tax.

I got in on the Sopranos Season 6, part 2 for under $40 shipped....didn't try to match it in store, oh well....it may have worked, but now it's been showing sold out, so it may not have worked. Sopranos is done now, not much left to buy for HBO seasons that I want for now....

[quote name='funkydunkleman']Amazon has equaled some of the prices now. I'm not sure which ones, Curb is one of them. Go buy that to those of you who haven't. I'm hoping they drop Entourage, just so I can save tax.[/quote]

amazon has the same prices for carnivale and rome too...and carnivale season 1 seems to be sold out on BB's site. plus you can get free shipping from amazon.

Glad I waited. I was going to order Sopranos Seasons 2 and 3. On BB.com I would have had to pay shipping + tax so it would have been 51.xx. Amazon changed their prices so I got them both shipped free/no tax. $44 shipped, much better deal :)

Six Feet Under: Complete Series... $99.99. Best price I've ever seen for this. I've been waiting all year for it to drop down to $115, like at Amazon last year, but I didn't anticipate it dropping lower.

It's shipping as I write this, but the UPS tracking number doesn't work. Does anyone know where the Best Buy shipments originate from? I kinda want an estimate as to when I can expect to get it.

Already recieved my copy of Sex in the City Gift set. Yeah I know gay but my gf loves the show so it'll make a cheap thoughtful gift, let her think I spent copious amounts of moneys for this!

Im really considering ordering the other Sopranos seasons as well. I already ordered S2 and 3 (22 each) but S4,5,6P1, 6P2 are more. S4 and S5 are 31.99 each and S6 pt 1 and 2 are 34 and 40. Are there any cheaper deals out there for S4-6?

I got Sopranos Season 3. I was tempted to drop $60 for the entire Rome series, but might want to save some money to shop for others.

i went to BB today, & soon as i go in there is HBO display, S&C gift set sitting right on top, grab it, take to register w/ printout. rep asks other rep, she is like we dont pricematch our site @ all. u have to order it online or just use the store locator since its for certain stores. i looked @ her like she was crazy. i was like ill just take it to Customer Service. she was like they wont honor it. went there, rep asked supervisor, honored, out the door for $86 w/ tax.

man i am kicking myself, i bought a ton of shit on BF like rome s2 and sopranos s6 part 2 for $42 each and thought it was a solid deal, and then this happens.

I would do a return and rebuy, but already opened everything.

[quote name='pete5883']My BB had these prices marked yesterday. Picked up S1 of Oz and Carnivale.

Edit: Oz was 19.99, not lower like on BB.com.[/quote]

Lucky, my BB had Oz, Carnivale, and Six Feet Under marked at 34.99 for each of them (I think it was each of them) I know Oz was 34.99, but I'm not sure about the other two I just know they weren't cheap.

bread's done
Back