HBO Go

[quote name='nasum']Reckon a guy could get that setup if his parents have HBO in a different house?[/QUOTE]Assuming it works like the website version and the iOS + Android apps, it'll ask you for the cable company's website username, password and billing zip code for the person that has the service.

In theory, yes, you could, though not all cable providers have it available yet.

Probably. All you need to do to get it to work on the iPhone is put in your username and password for the account you get from your cable provider.

Anyone wanna discuss the app itself? I'm loving it. Already watched the first three episodes of Eastbound & Down, going to watch The Wire, Band of Brothers and Sopranos. Watching Naked Gun right now. 298 movies! Awesome stuff.

As far as the App goes, I finally got on to it two days ago, and they removed Carnivale!

So not cool...

[quote name='JPLS']As far as the App goes, I finally got on to it two days ago, and they removed Carnivale!

So not cool...[/QUOTE]

Sons of bitches! Love me some Carnivale. Word to the wise though, if you like having your stories wrapped up, avoid Carnivale. Canceled after 2nd season with innumerable questions left wide open. Still one of my favorite shows ever.

From what I watched, I thought season 2 was really great. Wouldn't go back and watch it all with no closure though.

Yeah, Comcast can go ahead and eat a dick here. Not only do they not support HBOGo on the 360, but I also can't use the Xfinity app without a Comcast internet connection.

Like someone else said, guess I'm stuck continuing to use an iPad for HBO viewing. I was really fucking excited about these apps, too. Bleh.

[quote name='DestroVega']Anyone wanna discuss the app itself? I'm loving it. Already watched the first three episodes of Eastbound & Down, going to watch The Wire, Band of Brothers and Sopranos. Watching Naked Gun right now. 298 movies! Awesome stuff.[/QUOTE]

It's pretty great. First thing I'm doing is watching The Wire once it hits the 360.

I just signed up this week for HBO, me and a cuz are going to split the cost. What kills me is that I just signed up and there's like 10-20 movies that are all ending around 3/31/11 like Green Lantern, The A-team, Anna, Clash of the Titans that I have to watch quickly before they go away.

[quote name='007']Yeah, Comcast can go ahead and eat a dick here. Not only do they not support HBOGo on the 360, but I also can't use the Xfinity app without a Comcast internet connection.

Like someone else said, guess I'm stuck continuing to use an iPad for HBO viewing. I was really fucking excited about these apps, too. Bleh.[/QUOTE]

Time Warner are also doing this. Not much alternative in my neighborhood but Uverse is picking up a lot of new business a few miles away because of stuff like this.

Damn i want this.. watched everything decent on netflix..

Think ima pay my parents 20 bucks a month for HBO and just enter the account details on my xbox so i can have HBO at my place.. i hate cable and dont watch but a few shows a night... not worth sixty bucks a month.. but i can deal with on demand shows from HBO for 20.

Want the Wire and Eastbound and down..

I hate Time Warner Cable. I downloaded this and was ready to watch some shows...I should've figured they wouldn't support it.

bread's done
Back