Status
Not open for further replies.

doubledown

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
JUST GO HERE FOR DEALS NOW: Credit over at DVDtalk.com
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=482461

Please feel free to post any HD-DVD / BD deals in this thread.

- Family Video Store for $5 off first time orders at http://www.familyvideo.com
This coupon is good for $5 off $5 and it's only .99 cents shipping for any size order.
Coupon code: NEWMEM96
Batman Begins HD-DVD ~ $17 shipped

- Google Checkout at BUY.com / CDUniverse.com / Bestprices.com have good deals (EXP 10/31)

- Amazon seems to have competitive prices on some also. 10 % off DEAL (order 3 and get 10% off and get 10% off for a year)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/102-4264254-3012160?ie=UTF8&nodeId=160066011

HD-DVD/Blu-Ray REVIEWS:
www.dvdtalk.com
www.highdefdigest.com

Looks like Buy.com finally got Superman 2 RDC in stock, so I can finally complete my order...
Superman 2
Unforgiven
Full Metal Jacket
all for around 41 bucks shipped... sweet

I ordered Riddick + MI3 from buy.com and got MI3 on the 24th. I am STILL waiting on Riddick. These were both ordered together on one order!

I guess they ship from all different places, and they also have a messed up tracking system. My MI3 order still says "no records of this item" using their shipping tracker.

Hopefully my Riddick comes this week.

Also ordered Smallville, and its stuck in the processing stage. Looks like low stock on their end.

[quote name='varock']BestPrices is BS. I ordered the Million Dollar Baby HD-DVD using the free $10 signup bonus and they mailed me the wrong order. Instead of that, I now have in my posession a brand new Ten Commandments musical DVD starring Val Kilmer. fuck that. I hope they at least reimburse me for shipping it back to them and waiting another week.[/QUOTE]

I order Robin Hood HD DVD on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, with $10 off Google Checkout, and got it the next tuesday. THats pretty good turnaround if you ask me.

Question for those who've used buy.com with google checkout. I am looking to get Superman Returns and Superman II Donner Cut, but cant use google checkout - is it because Returns is not in stock? Thanks.

[quote name='sman113']I order Robin Hood HD DVD on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, with $10 off Google Checkout, and got it the next tuesday. THats pretty good turnaround if you ask me.

Question for those who've used buy.com with google checkout. I am looking to get Superman Returns and Superman II Donner Cut, but cant use google checkout - is it because Returns is not in stock? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I think google checkout only works with items that are in stock and not on order.

[quote name='cyberlian']I think google checkout only works with items that are in stock and not on order.[/QUOTE]

That is correct, I couldnt complete my buy.com order until they actually HAD Superman 2 in stock in HD DVD

[quote name='zman73']That is correct, I couldnt complete my buy.com order until they actually HAD Superman 2 in stock in HD DVD[/QUOTE]
It lets you slip by sometimes. I know I ordered Superman Returns on Monday before release and it showed on order but it still let me use GC. Superman and Superman II showed in-stock but Superman hasn't shipped and SM II shipped like Wed and I got it Friday.

Buy.com let me place an order for Rainbow Six: Vegas even though it wasn't in stock, and I still got the $20 off $50 for the order.

I was able to get the Superman Returns HD-DVD/DVD combo at Walmart this week for $19.99 + Tax at the store. It didn't show up on the web site so I called. Sure enough they had it at the store for $19.99. Great deal if your Walmart has them even with tax! They also had some other good ones for $19.99. (Batman Begins)

[quote name='MALICIOUS ONE']I was able to get the Superman Returns HD-DVD/DVD combo at Walmart this week for $19.99 + Tax at the store. It didn't show up on the web site so I called. Sure enough they had it at the store for $19.99. Great deal if your Walmart has them even with tax! They also had some other good ones for $19.99. (Batman Begins)[/QUOTE]
I went to two different Walmarts today and both did not carry HD DVDs.

[quote name='Malik112099']yeah..none of my local walmarts carry hd dvd's[/QUOTE]

The only Walmarts that carry HD-DVD are the super Walmarts that are open 24 hours a day.

[quote name='opportunity777']Is there a noticeable difference in quality going from DVD to HD-DVD, or is just the extra content that can fit on the disc?[/quote]

With the right TV, yes, there is a difference and easily noticable.

a lil off topic.. but i fucked up today and sent one of my blockbuster rented hd dvd's to netflix...

fuck im an idiot.. dont know what i was thinking.. they already replied saying our warehouse can not send back anything etc... so basically they get to keep a blockbuster hd dvd

anyone know the availibility of miami vice hd-dvd's in b&m locations? i'm guessing there's only a few copies going around, much like superman. also, where can i get it at the lowest price?

[quote name='varock']anyone know the availibility of miami vice hd-dvd's in b&m locations? i'm guessing there's only a few copies going around, much like superman. also, where can i get it at the lowest price?[/QUOTE]
I picked it up at Bestbuy but they had it at $34.99. Frys.com has it for $32.99 so BB may PM it for you.

[quote name='rooter']Walmart had Miami Vice for like $29.86 or something[/QUOTE]
online it says $31.67 but it may be cheaper in-store if you can find it.

My Best Buy (Montgomery, AL) had the Miami Vice HD-DVD but it wasn't on the shelf. Found it on a stock cart in the middle of the isle - 2 copies at that. I didn't find Ant Bully, Christmas Vacation, or Christmas Story at all in the store.

[quote name='Santurio']online it says $31.67 but it may be cheaper in-store if you can find it.[/QUOTE]
My 24/7 Walmart had like 5 copies of it and yeah it was cheaper in store

[quote name='Lil Stinky']The only Walmarts that carry HD-DVD are the super Walmarts that are open 24 hours a day.[/QUOTE]

Are there Walmarts that are not open 24 hours a day?

None of the super walmarts in my area are carrying hd dvds yet... they all say something along the line of "corporate keeps telling us we will get some, but they haven't came yet"

i was at a target and saw Cinderella Man HDDVD on a clearence shelf (mixed with random pc games and ipod accessories) for 13.98. Didn't pick it up myself though.

[quote name='cyberlian']None of the super walmarts in my area are carrying hd dvds yet... they all say something along the line of "corporate keeps telling us we will get some, but they haven't came yet"[/quote]

Thats rediculous, unless its in a hick part of town...

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Thats rediculous, unless its in a hick part of town...[/QUOTE]

Not that ridiculous, when I bought my first dvd player, Wal Mart didnt even carry dvd's or players... they are usually a step or two behind in places... and yes I know my location will affect whether or not they carry them because I live in an area FULL of Joe 6-Packs who probably think they can be played in a regular dvd player (heck some probably would think they could be playable in a cd player :) )

[quote name='zman73']I live in an area FULL of Joe 6-Packs who probably think they can be played in a regular dvd player (heck some probably would think they could be playable in a cd player :) )[/quote]

Right there with you. And just to add to the discussion, super wal-marts here in the area, NONE of them carry HD-DVD or Blu-Ray.

[quote name='ScorpioKyle']i was at a target and saw Cinderella Man HDDVD on a clearence shelf (mixed with random pc games and ipod accessories) for 13.98. Didn't pick it up myself though.[/QUOTE]

I saw that earlier in the week too. I went to target today looking for some Wii points, they did not have any but I got Cinderella Man for $4.98 on clearance.

Check out your local targets. I was not really interested in the movie but for $5 why not.

[quote name='flybrione']I saw that earlier in the week too. I went to target today looking for some Wii points, they did not have any but I got Cinderella Man for $4.98 on clearance.

Check out your local targets. I was not really interested in the movie but for $5 why not.[/quote]

Which Target did you go to? The cheapest I found (and bought) Cinderella Man HD DVD was $9.98 at the Target on Addison Ave.

image.php

Beat Kids FTW

Just got T3, Superman Returns, & the Hulk on HD DVD for $61 shipped from Amazon. B4 anyone comments on the Hulk I actually really like it.

[quote name='mattfoley7']B4 anyone comments on the Hulk I actually really like it.[/QUOTE]

I liked it. Hell, people rip on Fantastic Four like crazy and I really enjoyed it too.

[quote name='rodeojones903']I liked it. Hell, people rip on Fantastic Four like crazy and I really enjoyed it too.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I liked Hulk much more than FF, but still got a kick out of seeing the FF on the big screen. Doesnt hurt that Jessica Alba is gorgeous.

Back to the thread topic ... just picked up Superman Returns and Superman II RDC, for $32.98 with free shiping and after Google Checkout from buy.com. $16.49 for a single HD movie is a helluva deal if you ask me.

I've spent most of the second half of this Monday night game going over the few movies i want in HD, trying to find the combination that puts me closest to $50 for the $20 off.

My next order will be for V for Vendetta and Batman Begins, as soon as Batman comes back into stock. Should be for about the same prices as the above....

Now to find something to pair with World Trade Center :)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']DVD Planet has been out of most of the good HD-DVD movies, but now they are back in stock. Use Google Check out to get 10 of 30 or 20 of off 50.

http://www.dvdplanet.com/hddvd.cfm[/QUOTE]

As far as I know the only places doing the $20.00 off $ 50.00 are buy.com and ritzcamera.com - DVDPlanet will 'only' give you $ 10.00 off your total order w/Google Checkout - even if you get your order up to $ 50.XX +

Correct me if I am wrong
REWN

Well I ordered a few HD DVDs from Buy.com for use with google checkout. I ordered 4 different ones and 3 of them have came in separate shipments. One is still at the warehouse. Just seemed odd to me. Anyway should I be expecting the other one soon? Because I have read all the numerous problems people have been having with Buy.com.

[quote name='DomLando']Well I ordered a few HD DVDs from Buy.com for use with google checkout. I ordered 4 different ones and 3 of them have came in separate shipments. One is still at the warehouse. Just seemed odd to me. Anyway should I be expecting the other one soon? Because I have read all the numerous problems people have been having with Buy.com.[/quote]
I'm sure that they are just extremely busy with the holidays and with their Google promo. It took me like 2 weeks to get my M:I Collection. I also ordered The Fast and The Furious, 2 Fast 2 Furious, and Batman Begins. The first 2 are indicated as shipped but the tracking hasnt worked for days. This is the same issue I had with M:I Collection. Just wait it out, theyre busy but they're good.

[quote name='chicagoz']Which Target did you go to? The cheapest I found (and bought) Cinderella Man HD DVD was $9.98 at the Target on Addison Ave.[/QUOTE]

It was the Target on Touhy in Niles. I got the last copy. All Targets clearance prices are usually different. I was just there last week and it was $13.98. I always check the clearance sections for good deals.

I got Medal of Honor European Assult Xbox for 9.98 last week for my nephew for Xmas.

[quote name='crazynater']I picked up the last Cinderella Man on HD DVD for $4.98. I don't even have a HD DVD player....yet![/QUOTE]
I checked the Target local to me, I couldn't find it there. I have my girlfriend checking out the one near her. Man a $4.98 HD DVD movie is great. And the movie wasn't that bad either.

Casablanca on HD-DVD :lol:

I'm probably going to end up getting an HD DVD player eventually...
Better start stocking up on movies, aye?

[quote name='Joystick76']Casablanca on HD-DVD :lol:

Better start stocking up on movies, aye?[/quote]

Hell yes, specially with the Google Checkout deal right now, you gotta take advantage.

[quote name='Joystick76']Casablanca on HD-DVD :lol:

Better start stocking up on movies, aye?[/QUOTE]

I've been thinking of getting Casablanca HD-DVD but I can't find it anywhere B&M. I can find it on plenty of websites but not instore...

Nice thread...got me thinking that maybe I need to try and get the deal on the HD-DVD player for the 360. Just so I can enjoy the deals. I've already got my 360 hooked to a large LCD monitor (though even that might need to be larger if I'm finding these discs on sale.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back